8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Americom Home Movies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Americom Home Movies
Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 11:26 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,

thanks a lot!
Does anybody else have some informations about the cartoons and the 50ft versions?

|  IP: Logged

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 04:39 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following our "Americom" article in "Cine 8-16", a reader has told us, that F10 "Zorro the Avenger" was even imported to Germany in 1974, where it was sold as "Zorro, der Rächer" - with the original record in English language. We have still not found out if it is the American or the Spanish version, but we will print his letter (along with a nice cover scan of "Zorro" he has sent us) in the following issue.

Lee Whelann
Junior

- posted December 17, 2009 02:24 PM      Profile for Lee Whelann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys, thats interesting reading. I've been trying to find out more about these fantastic looking and feeing disks.

Has anything else come up about these since the last post??
In my recently acquired collection I have 13 of these disks and 9 have the accompanying films including Zorro the Avenger.
Would be good to find out a little more about them.

David M. Ballew
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2012 03:04 PM      Profile for David M. Ballew   Email David M. Ballew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the sake of asking, does anyone have an MP3 of the soundtrack to Americom's "Cosmic Monsters"?

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2012 05:43 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David-

I do have the "Cosmic Monsters" film with record. I'll try to convert it to MP3 later this week for you.

James.

David M. Ballew
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2012 11:39 PM      Profile for David M. Ballew   Email David M. Ballew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, James,

Did you have any success with the "Cosmic Monsters" MP3?

Either way, thanks for the reply and the effort!

"Mike"

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2012 07:35 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David-

Not yet. I have an LP converter that I will hook up to a computer at home. Once I get it all hooked up, I'll try to do the transfer. Maybe a week or two (busy work schedual). Hang in there, I'll PM you when its ready.

James.

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2013 04:15 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have "The Curse of Frankenstein" 200' digest film in it's original packaging with record. I haven't run the film and synced the record in decades but I'm glad I still have it. Glad to see others out there remember Americom.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 30, 2014 05:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zorro The Avenger is the 1962 version with Frank Latimore.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2019 04:53 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A curiosity: I have "Horror of Fu Manchu", be careful, in SUPER 8. The synchro has never been good, even of 2,3 seconds difference image/sound. Ok, all Americom aren't precise, but I have my own idea: having the Americom released films in both format, 8mm and Super 8 , is it possible that the difference of frames/audio between the two formats (56fps for R8 and 18 fps for S8) influenced the Super 8 version? Which is of lesser synchro because the flexdisc is the same? I guess it's the same because I don't think they electronically slowed disc for both Super and 8mm, too much work for that little difference.
To the advantage of the R8 because it was the most published...
How about?

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2019 02:34 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have "The Big Noise which was very difficult to sync as for quite long passages it has only train noises (wheels over track). Having seen a recent TV showing of the film, apart from the completeness of the sequence, I wonder why they used this part as the release as the ending would have been easier to keep in sync when playing.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2019 08:46 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, Americom that you have is 8mm or Super8?

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2019 09:16 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 01:23 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any tricks to get the Americoms in sync a bit? [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC