8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » NEED ADVICE TRANSFERING S8 SHORTS FOR FILM FESTIVALS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED ADVICE TRANSFERING S8 SHORTS FOR FILM FESTIVALS
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2008 01:30 AM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gents,
I have a couple of short films (black and white and color),which were created for fun. But, they actually turned out well enough, that I am curious to submit into film festivals. BUT, of course, these are on super 8 reversal stock.....and ALL the FILM shows need them to be on digital format. I am at a lost. I know of YALE LABS and PRO8MM..... but, I dont know which is best. What to ask for...help!
They are "artsy" films,some dark night scenes.....we WORKED EXTREMELY hard to capture a natural balnce of darks and shadows and candle light. Afraid it'll get lost in the transfer..so, this NEEDS to be THE best. HELP!
signed,
anxiously, Rob

|  IP: Logged

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2008 08:00 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, you might try Roger Evans at www.moviestuff.tv and or Justin Lovell at Frame Descrete in Canada.http://www.framediscreet.com/super8mmtransfers.htm
Super 8 transfers are their specific specialty. Look at their examples of a bad dark comercial home movie transfer verses thier transfer. They might be exactly what you're looking for. Both of them will do scene by scene color/ desnity correction etc.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC