8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 07, 2009 11:04 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackhawk L&H "Two Tars"

"When the North Wind Blows" Reels 2 and 3 (reels 4 and 5 tomorrow)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 08, 2009 09:05 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday Matinee screening of Catastrophathon 2 (all super 8mm):

- "Airport 77" (U8 - to compare with the full feature projected the day before)
- "Earthquake" (U8)
- "The Poseidon Adventure" (Ken)
- "Bullet Train 109" (Piccolo one reeler retracked into French)
- "Hindenburg" (U8 two-parter)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday night:

- Disney's LITTLE MERMAID [Big Grin]
- Disney's SONG OF THE SOUTH (yes, once more!) [Big Grin]
- Little Rascals' SPOOKY HOOKY (1936), HEARTS ARE THUMPS (1937), OUR GANG FOLLIES OF 1938 (1937) and LITTLE SINNER (1935): I'm in love with this last funny episode! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2009 01:40 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off I wonder if I am in the minority or majority here, whereby most of my recent film viewing is done in a small fashion. I have some of my small projectors set up next to my bed (A chinon 1200 for super 8, a eumig 712D for reg 8, and specto 500 for 9.5. I live in a condo, and have a screen, in the living room, but it is a somewhat ordeal to set up so unless my wife feels like a movie, I am in the bedroom throwing it against the open white door. It's not that bad really.

-

Oh but last night I watched the pathescope 3 reeler Robert Macaire on 9.5mm. Here is a snap of what it looks like against the door. It is about an 8 foot throw and I get roughly a 3 foot image with a 1.5 lens.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2009 06:46 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we had our friends and their young 2 year old round. She LOVED The Snowman on 16mm while mum and dad enjoyed Paddington Goes To School. Incidentally, this is a half-hour Paddington episode but I clearly remember Paddington being in 5 minute slots when shown on TV.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2009 11:02 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday Night February 12

Attempt to screen EMMA with Gwenneth Paltrow. Experienced sound shifting left to right. Narrowed it down to dirty pots on main amps. Fixed after shut down. A-OK on second trial. Upon second attempt to play this disc, chapter 8 appears to have a glitch - English subtitles appear while hearing English sound. Chapter 9 begins and they dissapear. Attempt to play Emma in other players reveal disc defect.

Canceling Emma, switched to ICE AGE THE MELTDOWN. Now writing this report, this selection was to say the least, the right one after Emma. Played just fine through the same player as Emma.

Note to Miss. Paltrow: You are indeed a great actress and very beautiful as well. However your disc encoding leaves a little to be desired......

CG [Big Grin]

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2009 08:23 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday night,I started with PINEWOOD STUDIOS OPEN DAY (yes,sound is tinny!),and continued with HERO COP,YESTERDAY AND TODAY and a Hitchcock Sales Reel,consisting of new introductions Hitch made for the rerun of his tv show in the seventies.Another "forgotten" silent comedy,DON'T PARK THERE, with Charlie Dorety,Harry Mann, (who imitated Billy West who imitated Charlie Chaplin),and Mario Bianchi (Monte Banks) and the main feature,ZORBA THE GREEK ,all in super 8.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2009 05:49 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Role Models + Burn After Reading, Transporter 3, Underworld 3, He's Just Not That Into You + Four Holidays (Christmases) all on 35mm at the drive-in!

Meanwhile on the home front:

Coney Island- Fatty Arbukle Std 8

Coney Island - Movietone Std 8

California or Bust - Snub Pollard Std 8

Cinesound newsreel 1966 review (a good year!) 16mm

Bill Stern Columbia Sports 16mm

3 x Pink Panther cartoons 16mm

Inspector cartoon Super 8

Mickeys Memorbale Moments Vol 1 Super 8

Goofy's Golden Gags Vol 1 and 2 Super 8

Yep ran all of them in the one day!

David

Christopher Gillan
Junior

- posted February 13, 2009 06:12 PM      Profile for Christopher Gillan   Email Christopher Gillan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all New to this Forum
last screening here was no were to run and carry on columbus.
Cheers Chris.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2009 06:28 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum, Chris! [Big Grin] Enjoy!

--------------------

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2009 04:46 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, last night me and my wife show:

Beatles - In concert 200'
Precious Images 200'
Reflectios UK 200'
Tommy - Who's musical film 400'
Top Hat - Fred Astair 200'
Footlight Parade - James Gagney 2x400'

All super 8mm, sound.
Panorama (Tacnon) sound 707 with Bauer HiFi 35 speaker.

Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2009 03:27 PM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just showed "The Kid Brother" for the Kids (9 and 11 years), it's an eight reeler from 1927 with Harold Lloyd .
The Kids enjoyed the film very much, especially the cleverness of escape-gags, where Harold outsmarts his bigger brothers who try to catch and beat him.
Great, sharp Blackhawk print with a clever music track!

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2009 02:15 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night it was an Edgar Allan Poe night, featuring: FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (Silent),THE TELL TALE HEART (UPA),ANNABEL LEE (narrated by Vincent Price) and the complete feature THE BLACK CAT (with Karloff and Lugosi).All std 8,except "Annabel..

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2009 04:32 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday, February 15th.
Tonight it was time for:

Derann BAMBI (amazing!): THANKS KEITH [Wink]
Dario Argento's TENEBRE (terryfing) [Eek!]

About TENEBRE look here! This scene was censored for the VHS edition (and on tv as well) because the miserable lady is VERONICA LARIO (Berlusconi's wife) BUT on the super 8 edition it is possible to watch it!

BE AWARE: very violent sequence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOdtIW6eZ4

[ February 15, 2009, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2009 01:36 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been going through some blackhawk episodes of the Pearl White serial the Exploits of Elaine. Does anyone know if there are others available besides Ep 8, 9 & 10?

Cheers

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2009 11:38 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Night February 16

Mr. Bean Goes to a Premiere
The Chub Chubbs
2001 trailer
Mr Bean Policy Trailer *

Star Wars - A New Hope (1977)

Derann's super 8 scope/stereo copy

As always, much fun!

* (attached to The Spirit of America short but I have removed it and spliced it after 2001 trailer)

~ CG ~

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2009 06:13 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
February 17th 2009.

Tonight big screening of:

- POCAHONTAS (Kevin, this is an incredible print! Thanks)
- MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL (I know it's a little too late, but I had it just one week ago! THANKS KEITH: THIS IS GREAT).

[Razz]

--------------------

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2009 04:44 AM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday - Little Mermaid (I MUST get shot of that one!) Belstone Fox. Monday nowt. Tuesday Fox & Hound. All on 8mm.
P.S. Dino - you should join Group 9.5. We all need to support everything to do with our hobby. Use it or lose it. PM me (I think) and I'll organise a membership thingy!!!

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2009 11:40 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David I tried emailing/PM and it said I was blocked but my personal email is aytab at aol dot com, but to keep on topic here I just watched an episode of the Hazards of Helen #33 called In Dangers Path (Super 8 - Blackhawk) - I recently bought a stack of 6 super 8's off of ebay for $14 total (items and shipping) and they arrived in perfect boxes and looking like they had never been played...  -

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 21, 2009 01:34 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney's The Pelican and the Snipe

[ November 06, 2010, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2009 01:09 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow I'm jealous regarding your ability to project nitrate in your home. Do you really have a home booth set up for nitrate? or are there no regulatory codes for such in france? I have thousands of feet of nitrate, but currently have no means for any 35mm at home (One day I'll finally fix up my Devry portable)but even then doubt I can handle the nitrate.

Until then its still the small format..Tonight was a really short one with 3 reg 8mm cutdowns of silent shorts
2 Eddie Boland's Paint and Powder & Prince Pistachio, and a Knockout Kelly called One at a Time.

Here's the cutey princess from Prince Pistachio

-

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2009 02:58 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday evening i have see Remi an Japanese animated serie
in Dutch language.
I believe this serie is also in italian language. [Smile]

Ps : Gian,Mickeys Christmas carol is in every season a great
print,and it's one of the most sharper prints,i have that one too and i love it. [Razz]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2009 05:17 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, you are brave running nitrate at home on what I presume are projectors without spool boxes and fire traps? What equipment did you run it on?

I have nitrate here but won't run it. I have some beautiful I.B.T. of the Olympics in 48 or 52 that I would love to run.

David

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 22, 2009 02:17 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Friday

Afternoon

1/800ft reel... Trailer to Fantasia, Soundtrack Demo, Pactoral Symphony, Dance of the Hours, and The Sorcerers Apprentice. one of my favourite reels.
Followed by "Pelle the Conqueror" on DVD projected on a Sanyo Z1 projector.

That Evening
While my better half was watching CSI [Roll Eyes] on the dreaded TV I watched Star Wars 1977 again on DVD using the Sanyo Z1 in our home cinema.

Saturday night
We both watched The NeverEnding Story 2 "not a bad movie" on the VP.

Graham.

PS I have an Ernemann2 35mm projector with fire proof spool boxes built for nitrate use, out here if you do have a fire as a result of nitrate film or even just storing it, your insurance becomes "void" If nitrate ignites you cant stop it I do know someone that will still project it and has had no problems, for transportation its classified as an "Explosive" I dont store or run nitrate, stick to DVD its safer [Wink]

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2009 04:18 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was informed by a friend collector, of
another collector here in the US, that
also runs nitrate. However he is positioned
with one hand on the fire extinguisher
during the program.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC