8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 114)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Salvatore Romeo
Junior

- posted November 13, 2012 05:18 PM      Profile for Salvatore Romeo   Email Salvatore Romeo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here the link where j post about 45 screnshoot of "WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT" derann feature.This is one of the best copy of derann that j see.
The photo don 't give the right justice, infact a lot of them are out of focus due frame moving

Here the link :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/dscn0002ru.jpg/

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2012 03:14 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a nice print of a Ray Harryhusen treat 20 Million Miles To EARTH it was a very nice digest 400 reel in beautiful black and white with nice contrast. I love that part where the Ymir brecks from the egg it looks so real. And it was animation magic when it fought the elephant in Rome and died like Kong at the end. Ray breaths soul into his creations.  -

Then I toke a look at KING KONG for a stop motion night.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2012 12:49 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,

Well I started with a triple bill of cartoons - 2 Inspector Willoughby and the 200ft extract from Hoppity Goes to Town followed by the 400ft of Major 8's - 21 Hours at Munich then Laurel and Hardy in Beau Hunks followed by PM Films - Knife for the Ladies and I've just finished screening Universal 8's 2x400ft cutdown of The Hindenburg and I'm still going - I like screening a mixed bag of goodies !!

Dave Skillern

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2012 02:45 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
200ft digest of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, you know the digest with the cassette tape for those who dont have a sound projector [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 16, 2012 01:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How has the color held up on your digest, Patrick?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2012 10:27 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that makes me want to check out my 400 reel number 1 EMPIRE its watchable but could look better. A little faded. But the second 400 reel looks better brighter colors nice contrast.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 19, 2012 05:54 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Had the house to myself over the week-end,so had a nice double
feature of my two latest finds on 16mm,two heist movies that
couldn't be more different,the first was "The Master Touch" aka
as "A Man To Respect" with Kirk Douglas and Giuliano Gemma.
The plot concerns Douglas just released from prison, attempting
to pull off two robberies simultaneously with the aid of a young
circus artist, Gemma.The idea being that Kirk gets caught for
the lesser one,goes back to jail for 18 months and comes out to
collect over a million dollars.Unfortunately his partner has killed
one of the security guards and said nothing,leaving Kirk high
and dry in police hands.He escapes to "settle up" with his partner,who tries to take off with the money but only succeeds
in being killed,leaving Kirk facing 30 years for a killing he didn't
commit.The film is in 16mm 'scope and apart from some great
photoghraphy boasts a superb Morricone score.
The second film is more of a guide to how to rob a bank, and is
based on a true story of a bank on the Riviera being done over
entitled "Sewers of Gold" and stars Ian McShane and Warren
Clarke.As the title suggests,the robbers tunnel in through the
sewer walls and into the bank vault, then raid the safe deposit
boxes.The members of the gang are rounded up,but our hero
manages to make his escape in a preplanned operation on the
back of a motorbike.He still lives in South America. This was again a 16mm print, both with very good colour.I know that if
I was designing a bank safe, I would call on the services of the
guy that designed the "Dairylea" cheese segments in foil,I have
yet to meet anyone who has successfully got into one.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 20, 2012 02:23 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Farewell to Arms 1932
It’s one of those films I’ve never seen before for some reason and really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the photography with the film securing two academy awards at the time. Helen Hayes and Gary Cooper are the leading names in this story of love under wraps where they are governed by arm rules and regulations. As I say beautifully filmed especially for a 1932 talkie and good to know Collectors Club released this feature full length which I timed 80 minutes on the Elmo. The films ending is a tearful climax for what will remain an enduring 1932 gem I am sure.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 03:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my first 8mm Christmas film presentation for this year YAY!
The Black Room (Boris Karloff) yes honesty.
Followed by Pluto's Christmas Tree and Little Match Girl amongst others. Went down rather well...

[ November 21, 2012, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2012 06:29 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING, accept for the poor turkey . I was watching today a few films. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS a nice digest print on a 400 reel color sound. Thank God we are not alone!  -
I also watched my digest of WIZARD OF OZ a real thanksgiving treat . Still looking good great color.  -

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 22, 2012 06:34 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to say Laksmi,that kid in your photo looks more alien
than Spielbergs creatures.I think they're here already.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 22, 2012 06:43 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not last night,

-but during the aftermath of the hurricane we got our power back first, so we had my Mom out for a few days while they untangled her trees and her power line.

One night we were watching a print of Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First?" which Doug Meltzer gave my son at Cinesea and "Universal 8" showed after the end credits.

Mom then reminded me that before I was born she worked at Universal on Park Avenue processing orders of 8mm films to retail stores.

...I guess it must be in my blood!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 12:25 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Hugh I think your right. We are not alone " Gooodbyyyy"!. Hey Steve Who's on First the Guy from another Planet? Lou " I been a Bad Boy Abbot"!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 04:16 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rolleroaster Rabbit 1 x 200ft Derann
 -
Triplet Trouble 1 x 200ft Walton
 -
Donald Duck in the High Andes
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So last night I was watching an old classic a Black and white super 8 silent 400 reel Chaplin movie called 1 AM nice print good contrast and funny as to make you laugh till your side hurts.  -

--------------------

Joshua Dill
Junior

- posted November 25, 2012 02:16 PM      Profile for Joshua Dill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tillie's Punctured Romance Super 8 Blackhawk print on three reels. I also stuck in a wonderful little Stan Laurel comedy called Man About Town. [Smile]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2012 10:52 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watched a Black and white film with a good digest of who done it SHERLOCK HOLMES  -

I still say Rathbone is the best Holmes and I love the Doc .

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 02:14 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey what happen everybody ? Am I the only guy who is watching films at night these days ? Or everybody is concerving your prints? Anyway this new guy Jan Adolfsson from Sweden who is a nonfade expert collector . I guess I cought the bug. Now I'm checking out my prints for fading? Here is my list of films fewed last night. THIS ISLAND EARTH 400 reel color sound digest, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND Harryhausen 400 digest color sound with a really good edit nice print, SUPERMAN 400 digest color great sound new print I just got from Gerald Santana !
 -
 -

-
 -

-

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 02:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have quite a neat collection of the old classic style sci-fi. Congratulations!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 02:23 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi

[ December 01, 2012, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 02:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you do for getting best possible pictures? I seem to get blurry, as there's almost always movement on screen. Do you film it or take stills? I have a Sony DV Video Camer and a Canon EOS 450D. Any settings on the camera you can recommend?

BTW: I view a couple of cartoons this evening, like Two Gun Goofy, Prince and the Dragon, Bear Trouble and Chimp's Last Chance. Still haven't gotten around to viewing the Regular 8 reels I've got. I am truly enjoying 8mm again

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 02:29 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Vidar lets see some pics. I use a FUJIFILMS DIGITAL CAMERA on regular seting . It is a hit or miss taking the pictures you just have to try different setings till you get the one you like. The movie is going so it is hard to not get some out of focus but keep trying to shoot with out flash strait at the screen till it works. Good Luck. You can ask Dino he is the master! DINO where are you????

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 03:08 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have problems with two things, I don't get the picture upload function and the camera just won't take other than blurry images ... It takes forever when you click to take picture until it's finished because of the poor lighting ...

Sorry, can't upload pictures here

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 03:45 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cell phones can up load pics or just buy a cheap digital camera. Don't give up! Ask Santa for one. He he!

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 04:06 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying a poor quality Star Wars picture

-

At least that seemed to work

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC