8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 120)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 08, 2013 06:13 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lars, the company that released the film "The Sea Wolves" was
Derann as a full length feature, Walton also released a 400'
condensation that packed in the action.

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2013 01:34 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Hugh you know everything and wow what a collection of films. Anyway I was watching last night SOUND OF MUSIC 400 super 8 digest  -
 -

-
 -

-

-
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2013 02:24 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was watching THUNDER BALL and SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER] super 8 mm  -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2013 10:14 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay tonight I watched my favourite sexy space girl BARBARELLA Super eight color 400 digest. Print is not that bad still got a little color a Marketing Films  -
 -

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2013 11:53 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a great Harrhausen Classic JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS super 8mm color sound 400 reel digest with fantastic color  -
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2013 02:14 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened a Blackhawk super 8 print of "Way out West"
 -
Later, I watched "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" on blu-ray.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 18, 2013 04:30 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carve her name with Pride 1958
 -
A quite remarkable 58’ film in which we follow the wartime activities of Violette Bushell with a emotional ending. 5X400 sound print from the 1970’s.

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2013 11:44 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Girl and Her Trust (1912)-Director-D.W. Griffith Camera-Billy Bitzer

Super 8mm Blackhawk Sound Print

-

-

-

I received a very fine print of this film from Dino Everette and I must say this Blackhawk Super 8 print is close to pristine. When one can see the sky without scratches and see only the 'imperfections' of the original negative then you know you've got a good one. The sound is piano music and excellent as it is not too intrusive.

This film is none other than a short film masterpiece. 1/ For its pioneering aspect of creating high quality story films and 2/Everything is balanced. The screenplay is compact, with satisfying elements at every turn. The actors that Griffith chooses are fascinating characters physically. The performances are true to life as Griffith uses improvisation with his actors. The photography, compositions and action in the frame is none other than high art, especially those shot outside. Most importantly it is made for a wide audience. Suspense and danger are created by two fearsome tramps who rob a telegraph office. It is a frightening capture of the girl.
A very exciting train chase with the classic hand driven cart that the two tramps kidnap the girl on. The train is also a star in this film,Griffith's use of intercutting with emphasis on the machine itself, the smoke and the speed with a variety of angles creates suspense and fast forward movement. This was made 15 years before Keaton made the General. I won't tell you the end. You'll never guess. [Smile]

[ January 19, 2013, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 19, 2013 12:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW Laksmi!

You aren't kidding about the color on that "Jason" digest. Magnificent color! I've often wondered if the problem with some of your screenshots was the camera, but that obviously isn't the case with this "Jason" print.

Your screenshots for "The Sound of Music" digest are quite interesting (and believe me, this isn't a mean-spirited criticism on my part, as I totally suck when it comes to screenshots!), in that some has what appears to be spot on color, while others seem to have somewhat faded color.

From my recollection of a statement made by Doug M. , the "Sound of Music" digest is a VERY hard one to find with good color these days, so you appear to have found a decent color one. In fact, I believe that there were two versions of this 400ft, but others can give better info on that.\

Thanx 2 everyone for sharing they're screenshots!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2013 01:43 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Osi it all depends on the camera or the mood I am in . Do I feel lazy or what. Some times I get a nice shot like in Jason or Forbbiden Planet or a blurry shot. A clear shot real sharp or blurry? The frames are moving around a lot . I don't do still shots like Dino . I have to take many shots to get it right. I watched all these films the last few nights super 8 digest and features.  -

-

-
 -

-  -

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2013 11:57 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On 16MM and in scope (Cineavision style): Fear is the Key with Norwegian subtitles. Probably on AGFA stock (no markings), as almost all 16MM made in Sweden, Norway and Denmark are printed on this stock.
The only downside on this copy is that it has a "soft" focus, making it impossible to get a pin sharp picture.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 21, 2013 04:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son finally threaded his first film and we saw Three Caballeros 200' color sound and The Music Box B&W sound 600'

-

Not very PC, is it? :-)
 -

-

Here's hoping he will find it fun ... Will let him use the silent Eumig 610D as soon as I get my lens (which should have been here by now ... wondering???)

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2013 04:37 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking good, Vidar. Hope you were happy with the print.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 21, 2013 04:42 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you ... Shame only that it won't fit in the 400' original box :-) I think I keep both this sound and the silent boxed version, but need some boxes soon (I will try to get the money to you soon, Winbert, thanks for your patience)

My son might find it enjoyable, which is what I hope for now :-)

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2013 11:21 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Their Purple Moment (1928)-Laurel and Hardy-Blackhawk Standard 8mm

This is some brilliant stuff. These films are very well thought out and have that unique hilarity and sense of humor of that time. Add to that the skill of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy and you can have that cherished emotion from an audience-the sustained belly laugh. This film has a few.

The best scenes in the film for me were the flirting scene where they first meet the two babes (who turn out to be tough guys dolls). The facial expressions of each group are priceless. Drawn out over at least a two minute sequence and the results are...belly laughs.

-

The other best scene for me in the film is when Stan realizes he has not the money to pay the huge tab he's spent on these women and on the taxi cab ride and tipping the entire midget marching band that performs at the expensive night club. While he goes through the emotions of great fear, Hardy is ordering steak dinners for everyone. . To add to the tension the tough looking taxi driver is invited to join them, he brings with him his taxi meter and places it on the table, running! Laurel begins to break down as the meter ticks off more and more money. The emotions go from A-Z on Stans face. When Hardy is clued in, they try and escape via the floor. Totally hilarious, worth the price of admission for these two scenes alone. That's all I can say about this film besides I worship at the altar of Laurel and Hardy. They say laughing extends life. I think these guys are responsible for extending life to millions. Talk about the power of art!

-

[ January 23, 2013, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2013 11:45 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice scenes Vidar,Lars, and Richard. I love those two clowns Laurel and Hardy! Anyway to add a serious note I watched DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL super 8mm digest in glorious Black and white. I love the part when the robot brings the Alien played by Micheal Rennie back to life. And the woman said he has the power of life and death? And the alien states no that right is reserved to the Almighty spirit. Wow that is a great line .  -
 -

-

-
 -
 -

-

-

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 01:33 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi Is Thunderball a digest or a feature? and are you missing a scope lens? The Bond and Jason pics look anamorphic

Richard - Glad you like the print.

Lee - That is a film I have heard about but never seen, thanks for posting a pic.... : )

Tonight I watched a few Standard 8 shorts beginning with a Coming Attractions (1920's, Entertainment, 1 x 200ft) reel that features some incredibly rare clips from lost films like Sally (1925) with Leon Errol and Colleen Moore, and American Venus (1926) with Louise Brooks..Then a short western starring Wally Wales (w/ Jean Arthur) entitled Galloping On (1925, ??? Company, 1 x 200ft), which I believe is really a short entitled Tearin' Loose, even though Wally did make a film called Galloping On. Finished it up with a triangle comedy called His FootHill Folly (1917, Blackhawk 1 x 200ft) starring Raymond Griffith and Elinor Field before he would go on yo star in features and she would star in a series of comedies for Strand alongside Harry Depp.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 10:36 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi amazing color print of Jason/ I wish we could remanufacture these prints! I love The Day the Earth Stood Still. I have the entire soundtrack on Cd composed by Bernard Herrmann and listen to it every once in a while.Fabulous sci fi track by the master film composer for Hitchcock, Welles etc etc etc

Dino-you keep coming up with these great obscurities. It is truly fascinating.

Speaking of which, I obtained a somewhat rare(?) Blackhawk Standard 8mm of a film called "Strongheart"(1913) with Henry B. Walthall. A serious social drama. The entire film I posted here for a friend taken off the 8mm print and I added a soundtrack. If you want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIgoRHmQbM&list=UUQX5iBH9xsdYjjeEXN_F-Hg&index=1

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 07:34 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Richard and Dino where do you get this stuff? Yeah missing a scope lens and Thunderball is feature and Jason is digest. And Richard I love the sound track of Still as you do. Bernard Herrmann is a master and I love the stuff he did for Harryhausen films.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 24, 2013 02:13 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a smashing short titled ‘Cabaret’ by Empire Films which starred Frank King and his dance band and also delightful Rosalind Melville [Eek!] .

Cant find out anything else about it but wonder if someone else on here has any ideas?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 24, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few today ...

Alien 400' German print with english sound
 -

Bugs Bunny Mystery Special 600'
 -

Call of the Wild feature
 -

Memories of Me feature (still think it's witty)
 -

Second Revolution on 16mm
 -

Some reel with various cartoons and stuff 16mm
 -

And some 200' Tom & Jerry The Goldfish, Posse Cat and Tennis Chumps
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2013 11:55 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar looks great keep up the good work your shots are nice Alien 400' German print with english sound yeah!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2013 01:50 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, that seemed like a full day worth of movies, well done...

Lee - The only Frank King I know of is the cowboy band leader "Pee Wee" King who wrote The Tennessee Waltz and was in some westerns in the 1940's...What era was the film from?

Tonight I had just enough time to bust out the GS-1200 for an episode of FLYING FISTS - #2 HITTING HARD (1924, 2 x 300ft, Glenn Photo Super 8) starring real life boxer of the times Benny Leonard..This is one of many boxing serials that were released in the silent days, like the Fighting Blood and Fistical Culture series's.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 27, 2013 04:59 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some 16mm that are unknown titles to me (can someone help perhaps?)

This is loads of crashes and stunts, what's the title?
 -

Pictoreel cartoon, title anyone?
 -

Woody Woodpecker, Termites from Mars
 -

A&C: Double Cross (This has some of the best contrasts I've seen)
 -

Ski Mania
 -

Deputy Dawg: Big Chief No Treaty
 -

Some on Super 8 too
High Plains Drifter 2x400' Widescreen (I like widescreen)
 -

Jaws 2x400' Widescreen
 -

And my friend and I also saw Airport '80 2x400', Mission Galactica 2x400' and Alice in Wonderland Mad Tea Party 200' and The Music Box 600' sound

Had a nice evening

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 27, 2013 09:35 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, if you like widescreen that you will admire scope. Widescreen is good for those who do not own a scope lens, but it sacrifices the resolution due to black bar on top and bottom.

For those who got a problem with screen shot, I suggest you to take the movie run and you keep your camera on video setting instead of photo setting.

Later on you go to your computer and play the video on any video player. You pause the screen when you think is the best scene to be taken and then push "print screen" (usually placed on right top keyboard) then open MS Paint and "paste" (= ctrl V) on it.

You adjust the picture and resize to be acceptable in this forum.

Using this method allows you to fully enjoy the film rather than busy with taking screen shots. The other benefit you can take the best scene for screen shot because you are using pause button.

good luck!

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC