8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 130)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 04:52 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi Like your choice of films. Two of them with a very underrated actor Rod Taylor.

Its good that we have these cut-downs as sometimes I just want to watch a film, but not a complete feature. I've not watched my copy of "The Birds" for a while, but I seem to think it was a good edit.

Does this look familiar? School House

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 09:41 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow cool the school house from the movie!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 17, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amorosa, 16mm
 -

another from Amorosa
 -

J'ai épousé une ombre, 16mm
 -

Ce sacré grand-père, 16mm
 -

Om Kärlek, 16mm
 -

Another one from Om Kärlek, 16mm
 -

Psycho, Super 8, 400' sound
 -

The Birds, Super 8 (very faded), 400' sound (can't write color :-/)
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 10:09 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David I like digest to and can you post pictures of your copy for Vidar ? I think Vidar's copy is okay I did not see any lines in that shot of Rod who I think is a very underrated actor . I love him in  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 17, 2013 10:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lines are in the start of the film mostly. I can hardly see the colors at all and I do remember my copy from the late 70's was much better

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 17, 2013 12:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great screenshots everybody!

Personally, Marylin Monroe couldn't hold a candle to Audrey Hepburn. Truly (in my opinion) the most literally surreal beauty ever to grace the big screen!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 17, 2013 04:45 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only had time for two today

La Cage Aux Folles, 16mm (don't like french movies that much, but it was cheap :-) Sadly on the red side )
 -

-

The Day of the Jackal, 16mm
 -

-

-

-

This one I enjoyed ... Edward Fox is brilliant

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 17, 2013 10:24 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're going to see "Star Trek: Into Darkness" this weekend.

I thought since Mr. Khan shows up once again in this new one, it was only right to watch "Space Seed" (Super-8, 1x1200 ft.) and see Khan as only Montalban "khan" do Khan!

Pretty nice print: reasonably good color, couple of slight lines here and there, good sound.

The story is very important in Star Trek lore. This begat "Wrath of Khan", which begat "Search for Spock" and then "The Voyage Home" When they let that story arc peter out with the next one, it was never quite as good again. (Opinion alert!)

-it also laid the ground work for Bill Shatner's most famous line ever!

In "Space Seed", I think Kirk should have lost his command for letting some stranger look through his ship's tech manuals, but maybe before Monday we'll find out whether Chris Pine's Kirk is any smarter...

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2013 12:21 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Star Trek Steve. I went and saw "Star Trek: Into Darkness" it was really funny in parts like the other movies and TV show many one liners. I love the way the cast plays on each other . Like Bones " Dam it Spock I'm a doctor not a bomb mechanic" I was inspired to go home and watch my Motion Picture digest from Marketing film . STAR TREK THE MOVIE super 8mm color sound print with all the trailers on the end Grease. etc.  -  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 18, 2013 04:10 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One 800ft reel..."Gone Nutty", stunning colour print from Derann, next, "The Old Mill", bought new from Derann just before they closed. Its a classic and excellent colour print. Look at Life, "Shopping for a Queen" fascinating short regarding the Queen Elizabeth at Southampton, lastly "The Night Before Christmas" another stunning colour short from Derann.

Graham.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 18, 2013 12:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! I actually have a print that looks better than Laksmi's [Cool] However, it is only the extra long trailer for "STAR TREK: The Motion Picture" with flawless color!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2013 01:05 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was invited for a privat screening, after the last show in a real cinema. A friend of mine, he is a projectionist in this cinema run his latest purchase: A 35mm IB Tech. print of Flying Lethernecks (1951) with John Wayne.
great color a nice print but a very stupid plot. In my opinion only a average B-Movie.

-

-

-

-

-

-

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2013 01:48 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, Great film "Day Of The Jackal" although it put me off watermelons. Sadly remade. I have the Universal 8 400ft version, which was quite well done I think.

Not too keen on French films myself, but I do enjoy
"Viva Maria"
"The Bride Wore Black"
"Babette Goes to War"
"The Legend of Frenchie King"

All four starring some beautiful women. And the funny thing is I prefer them in French with sub-titles.

Laksmi I learned something from you I want to see "World Without End"

No films tonight but dvd "Fate Is the Hunter"

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 18, 2013 03:08 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Viewings of today

Death on the Nile, Super 8 full feature (8x400')
 -

-

Flåklypa Grand Prix, Super 8 400' digest
 -

-

Dracula '79, 16mm, scope (not using a scope lens as I have no brackets that holds the heavy Rectimascope lens)
 -

-

Here's just holding the scope lens in front
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2013 12:09 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I don't know but Oemer and Vidar are kicking my ass with prints these days Osi ! Oh by the way do you have a Marketing film that is a digest of STAR TREK that looks good?? [Confused] I still love the BEN HUR you gave me .  -  - I really love these digest!
 -
 - How about two Bond trailers  -
 - with flawless color!

--------------------

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2013 09:44 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Burglar's Dilemma (1912) Directed by D.W.Griffith Blackhawk Standard 8mm

A great morality tale with plenty of suspense and fine theatrical performances in this 'primitive' film. Henry B. Walthall and John Barrymore star. A fine story keeps moving along so well, one forgets one is in a movie. The characters fully realized by the performers, in stressful situations, in this case. MURDER and The Wrong Man!!!

-

-

-

[ May 29, 2013, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we enjoyed my new Raiders of the Lost Ark feature. Comes on 5x600'

Youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R40FiUKKdMo

-

-

-

-

Force 10 From Navarone (a bit on the red side)
 -

Magnificent Seven
 -

Logans Run (I moved the camera, not so good :-( ... Apart from the green and black lines, the quality is very nice)
 -

-

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2013 05:27 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, this is my favorite topic.
Great with the extra youtube clip Vidar.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 25, 2013 05:32 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I like this topic too, nice to see what others see and also get a little idea on what quality is acceptable to people.

I loved the Raiders movie, but it had a slight blue/greenish tint that wasn't all nice as well as specks and dots, white and black in various places (especially right before and after reel changes)

Do like the quality on Magnificent Seven, nice colors on that one I think

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 01:04 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spent Saturday afternoon with:

RETURN OF THE JEDI: 7X400

What better way to celebrate this film's 30th anniversary than with this perfect Derann print? [Cool]

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 02:28 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a 200ft Disney, "The Band Concert"
 -

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2013 04:46 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Vidar:
The color of Magnificent seven looks realy much better in compare to the Riders of the lost Arc print. I´m realy sorry for you. Unfortunately this kind of Lab mistakes happen often. Or this kind of prints are more for sale than the good ones.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 26, 2013 07:33 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the Derann feature length print of High Society, re-recorded in stereo. Projection was with Eumig 938 Stereo and Ektar f1.0 20mm lens:
 -

-

-

-

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2013 04:58 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Musketeers of Pig Alley-D.W. Griffith (1912) Blackhawk Super 8mm
Running Time: 17mins

This is recognized as the first 'gangster' film. Who knows. I suppose the cowboys who robbed the train in The Great Train Robbery were plenty tough and could be considered gangsters of their time. The gangsters in Musketeers are real tough too, just what you want from a gangster with a gun in his pocket. The camera setups and choreography employed by Griffith and Bitzer, as the mob lurks around building corners and come into the camera for their dramatic closeup compositions are brilliant. The performances are so real and measured for these productions. Lillian Gish is like you don't want to take your eyes off of her so beautifully sweet and talented as a performing artist. This film is her first for Griffith. Many more she was to make with Griffith. Satisfying shootout in Pig Alley to climax this little masterpiece.

-

-

"Remember David Wark Griffith; every
time you go to the cinema, you enjoy,
in some indirect but plainly traceable
form, the fruits of his labors; to us who
are endeavoring to explore new territories
and to carry on his torch, he is the honored
Head of our profession. "

ALFRED HITCHCOCK

[ May 29, 2013, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2013 12:08 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar-

I'm not 'sorry for you' at all. Those pictures from you super 8 "Raiders..." print are GREAT! What a nice print. Nothing like a scope print too. It adds so much involvement for the audience.

James.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC