8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 131)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2013 07:39 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High nice clips Vidar I watched last night 16mm MICHAINCAL MONSTERS IN Black and white.  -
 -
And then I watched a Ray Harryhausen classic EARTH VS FLYING SAUCERS 400 foot reel super 8 digest . I love this film the way Ray destroyed Washington.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 30, 2013 08:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi ...

Sorry I didn't get back on this till now. No, I don't have the STAR TREK digest, but I do have the Marketing films release of the ten minute STAR TREK The Motion Picture Trailer/promo, and it does have spot on color.

What I really love about that trailer is that it has unfinished special effects that weren't used in the actual feature. That's not too surprising, as the film was rushed to the theeaters literally right from the film labs. Robert Wise never got to do test screenings, so it makes sense that the trailer would have neat unfinshed shots, but they did include those neat Klingons at the beginning of the trailer!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 30, 2013 10:02 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we ran our feature print of Forbidden Planet, a true classic sci-fi movie and ours is in excellent condition with no colour fade and great sound. Mounted on two very full 800 foot spools.
This was an item of luck, when we attended our last Ealing convention,(around 6 years ago i think),we happened to walk past one of the collectors tables and there it sat in a tatty box, the price? £50, we grabbed it thinking we took a chance, got it home, cleaned it up and we were so pleased with it, for once we struck lucky. The only thing i could pick on is the lab marks, (sparkles and dust) at the end of each of the original reel changes, the marks are within the print and not our copy so again, we can certainly live with it as each one only last a few feet, the image quality is pretty much the same as those in Laksmi's excellent review. [Wink]

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2013 11:35 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again my favourite films are viewed by the members of this forum.

EARTH VS FLYING SAUCERS 400 foot was one of my early buys. Just thinking about how the buildings were destroyed. Stop Motion, Ray was a genius. To think he did that a frame at a time. Fantastic. Its one of my prized films.

Forbidden Planet yet another fantastic film, jealous feeling now.

I have a couple of the Superman animated films, I won't call them cartoon's because they were works of art. Till the Christopher Reeves films were never beaten.

The other weekend we watched 20.000 Leagues Under The Sea, The Raven, and part of The Fiend Without Face, but on dvd. My son Henry who's almost six really enjoyed 20,000, and was laughing at The Raven, All of course had great actors in them. I do have the first two as 200ft versions, and Fiend from Mountain 4x400ft all were good.

Vincent Price used to be on I think the Monday Move Quiz on BBC1 in the late 70's early 80's. Just checked 1972–1973 boy time flies by.

Thanks to film time freezes.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2013 11:47 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, here are some screenshots from the 3x400 marketing version of Star Trek. I sold this print few years ago, but I found the pics on my hard disc. (sorry, it is offtopic, because I watched it many, many, many nights before and not last night)
[Smile]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2013 08:10 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Oemer and David , nice screen shots everyone! Hey Tom nice to hear you are a Forbidden Planet fan. Sound like you luck out with that print. And you to Osi with the Trek print.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2013 05:16 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Screen shots everyone.

Now for something completely different from Madison Avenue and pretty funny. The King Kong Volkswagen ad. Super 8mm with Sound, color-feh.

-

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 31, 2013 05:58 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see those pictures Richard.

Last night we watched White Zombie...again and see something new every time and an amazing film.

All organised for tonights late night show which will end with Konga. It's going to be BIG!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 31, 2013 11:23 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Animated by the late great David Allen.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2013 01:02 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched an excellent 16mm LPP print of "Housesitter".

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2013 05:40 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey David Allen was a great friend of mine and was almost going to do my effects for my movie years ago. My movie Ramayan has been in the works for years. I took so long to raise money I caught up to the CGI age. But I originally wanted Ray or David to do it.

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2013 05:53 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was fortunate to catch the Imax special effects film that had David Allen's King Kong re-creation on the Empire State. They also re-created the opening to Star Wars. I would love to see that again.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 31, 2013 06:30 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a mood I call "'Scopish", so I watched these:

"Sounds of Arizona"
"London in Cinemascope"
"Take it from the Top"
"Boundin'"
"West Side Story" (musical extracts from...)
"America" (Also from West Side Story)

I've realized lately that "Sounds" is over ten years old now, and I enjoy it even more now than when I got it new from Derann when I first got into Super-8 sound. (An anamorphic lens and a good sound system help, no doubt.)

Next week?

-maybe "Featurish"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2013 02:39 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Steve,
I have that Sounds of Arizona short myself. Those scope short subjects are a lot of fun. My favorite is Midway Melody.

Hope to see you in Wildwood again this October.

Best Regards.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 01, 2013 02:58 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Morning Guy!

I plan to be there! A few weeks ago I went to the Spring edition for the first time and had a great time.

"Sounds" is one of about 50 films I have which all seem to be "my favorite" at the same time. (Don't see how I manage that!)

[ June 01, 2013, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 01, 2013 07:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great color on that Star Trek: The Motion Picture" 3X400ft digest, I never knew as to whether the digest was letterbox or not, good to see that it is. That was one film where a digest was a very good idea.

I wonder if that was Marketing films last digests they produced?

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 01, 2013 08:28 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,the last digest that Marketing produced was the 400' of
"Raiders".

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2013 08:23 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys talking about digest got me watching a few like Ray's 7th Voyage of Sinbad600 foot nice sound beautiful color. And 20 Million Miles 400 digest good old black and white. Plus Mr. Young 3X400 digest I love. I can never watch this enough.  -
 -  -

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2013 09:25 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It feels like it has been a year since i watched any films, or even looked at the forum, sometimes life gets in the way, but I made time to watch a 9.5mm short LE FACTEUR INCANDESCENT (aka NEAR DUBLIN, 1924, 1 x 300ft Film Office) a great Stan Laurel comedy, followed by one of my all time favorite screwballs on 16mm, HIS GIRL FRIDAY (1940, 2 x 1600ft)

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 02, 2013 12:19 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A little bit of cheap 16mm features for me ... They cost me about 15 dollar each, so overall happy with that :-)

Final Countdown, opening without scope lens
 -

added the scope lens
 -

Eye of the Needle, red sadly
 -

-

A Man Called Horse, also red. Added blue filters on the last two pictures
 -

-

Just love the filters
 -

-

Enjoyed them, even with the small faults.

Laksmi, that print of the saucers is looking mighty sharp

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2013 07:35 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Final Countdown, you lucky man Vidar. Another one I enjoy watching. Sadly not on film.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 02, 2013 07:37 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, a bit lucky with that one. Slightly dark in places, but overall it's very nice. And it has a nice cast too :-)

Todays viewings is Super 8 feature
To Catch a Thief
 -

-

-

Star Trek, 10 minute version
With filter
 -

Without filter (very red, though it was a new print)
 -

Star Wars Part 2
 -

-

-

[ June 02, 2013, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2013 07:27 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Vidar your screen shots are looking good To Catch a Thief is a nice sexy shoot Ouh La La! Some times you get a good one. I take the pictures and I get some out of focus and some if your lucky are sharp. Here is a few films I watched last night. Like preview 0f AVATAR  -
then the Captain America digest ,  -
EARTH VS  -
METROPOLIS trailer  -
PLANET  -
 -  -
DAY EARTH STOOD STILL  -

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 04, 2013 07:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh,

Didn't marketing films have in the works a 3X400ft of 'Raiders" (like they did with Star Trek), but it was never printed, or there was some problem with Speilberg Okaying the digest, (other than the 400ft).

A very good 400ft digest, by the way!

Great screenshots, one and all

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 06, 2013 07:12 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a couple of my new, also cheap, 16mm features. They are a bit red, but I enjoy them with filters on if they get too red

Hennesey, with filter (I think maybe too much filter here)
 -

without filter
 -

-

Sense of Freedom, no filter
 -

Lucky Luciano
 -

with filter
 -

No filter again
 -

For the price, I think they're okay. Paid about 15-20 dollars

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC