8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 134)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 05:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, that Twins of Evil ... Drool ... Any price that would make you sell it?

Gerald, is it mirrored by mistake?

|  IP: Logged

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 09:42 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I've been slowly replacing a few ragged Standard 8mm Blackhawk silent Chaplins with Sound Super 8 Blackhawks of Chaplin films. Fine Super 8mm copies these are. Case in point pictured above, One AM directed by Charlie Chaplin. Sharp with contrast deep and satisfying. The music and efx are tasteful, add to gags and non intrusive and keep the story moving along. In this case a tour de force performance by Charlie Chaplin, alone in his home trying to get up to bed after an all night bender. The solo show is like poetry. Chaplin moves with such grace and athletic prowess that it's impossible not to keep your eyes on him. The rooms, rugs and staircases seem liquid as Chaplin moves around at his will to make this balletic masterpiece sing for all time.

it's good to see all these great screen shots from Laksmi and Vidor and everyone. Dino I don't know where you dig up these films but they are surely interesting to see here.

[ June 20, 2013, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 10:20 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard Nice shots of Chaplin I love that ONE AM movie. I love Dino and his rare film shots and Doug love that Taylor shot in IVANHOE. Vidar you got a nice shot of that young actress at the end? What's her name I had a thing for her as a kid? Last night I watched more cartoons Disney Pinocchio and Superman BILLION DOLLAR LIMITED  -
 -
 -
 -  -  -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 10:49 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean good old Goldie Hawn?

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 10:57 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No not her Vidar I met her once in a book store in Santa Monica Goldie. The girl in Only When I Laugh

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 11:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's Marsha Mason and Joan Hacket in the last picture from that film and the first is Kristy McNichol

Lovely movie, I really like Neil Simon adaptions

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 11:07 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kristy McNichol
Oh Yeah!

--------------------

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 11:12 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iconic shots Laksmi of Super Dooper Man. oh wait that was Mad Magazine's parody. I mean Superman.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 11:43 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks James, getting straight was released by columbia, its in the same sort of card box as Taxi Driver, Candice Bergen and Elloit Gould are the main stars,(and she is very nice to).

Vidar, f i ever sell i shall let you know but it is one of our best 200 footers, [Wink]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 11:47 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a nice digest :-) Can't blame you for wanting to keep it ... If there's a sum you'd let it go for, please shout it out, I might do it

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 12:27 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James, "Getting Straight" was a COLUMBIA release.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 01:53 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew Vidar would be Drooling for "Twins Of Evil"

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 02:06 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't stop either ... Soon drowning, please help by selling it to me ;-)

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 02:43 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To make my screening of "Blazing Saddles" authentic I ALWAYS serve beans before the show.

Now that's one I would buy complete.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 03:54 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] David, you should give each audience member there own open tin of bean and join in the movie, "fartovision"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 08:18 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was checking out a classic by George Pal. My problem is I need to buy or find the first two reels of this set. WAR OF THE WORLDS 400 foot Marketing films reel number 3. I love the church ending and the scene at the end that shows The Taj Mahal with the crashed War Machine.  -
 -
 -  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2013 01:00 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Laksmie,
if you are interested I can sell you for a reasonable price the german dubbed 3x400 Marketing Version of War of the Worlds.
I have also a trailer reel War of the wolds/This Island Earth (english). Unfortunately all red.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2013 01:25 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer I just need 1 and 2 reels in English. Not in Red Thanks.  - How much is the trailer is that red to?

--------------------

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2013 08:53 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi. Are you aware of this seller?

THE OLD FILM COMPANY

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS - PART 1 & 2 600FT (B*) £29.99 Classic 1950’s Sci-Fi. Note*: Sound suffers from regular ‘Drop-Out’ during first half.

I've bough from him before and his B rating means there should be color left. Don't know about the sound issues but you could always rerecord.

Cheers
Terry

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 21, 2013 09:19 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The Old film Company is a very reputable little firm to deal with.
Excellent service,and a very good suggestion Terry.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2013 02:24 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys Terry and Hugh I will check it out.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 21, 2013 02:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a very good suggestion Terry.
Unless, these 2 reels were the one Dave just purchased.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 21, 2013 05:33 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm Body Double ... From when Melanie was looking good
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2013 06:11 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots of Body Double! I'm a big De Palma fan!

Bill [Big Grin]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 21, 2013 06:33 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed Vidar is getting very adept with his screen snaps.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC