8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 142)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 04:08 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, it was a fair priced one too, got it for bringing som equipment from Denmark to Norway as a thank you for the help.

|  IP: Logged

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 04:24 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, you received the print as "thank you" for moving goods across countries. Now I know ... you are some kind of a smuggler! That "thank you" is actually payment!!

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 04:49 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Vidar work with Han Solo together [Wink]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 07:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a way it is, but I was picking it up before I knew I get anything though :-)

Smuggling, isn't that illegal goods? This wasn't anything as such :-) Just sound equipment and not expensive, just heavy

Yes, Han is a good friend of mine, he do the long smuggling runs, because my Toyota Yaris isn't as fast as the Falcon, but I am working on it ;-)

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 12:18 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great screen shots Vidar thank you I can appreciate them more and focus on them better. Here is what I watched last night of another Harryhausen classic SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER 400 foot color sound digest.  -  -
 -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 01:23 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got around to watching the feature Star Wars
 -

-

-

-

-

Fun it was :-)

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 02:26 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Vidar, is this the special edition version?
Have you got now all the Star Wars features?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 03:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet, have Phantom Menace and Star Wars Episode IV, but have gotten a word that I can buy Empire and Return of the Jedi too. In a few weeks I hope :-)

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 03:46 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we put on a couple of shorts,
Started with the 400ft pod race extract from The Phantom menace in Scope, very good picture too,

-  -
 -
& secondly we put on the excellent 400ft reel of Dracula Prince of Darkenss, also in Scope, this really is a great little 400 footer as it shows the end sequence of the demise of Dracula from the previous Hammer feature with Peter Cushing putting an end to the count as well as the icy conclusion, all in all one of Deranns classic 400 reels from the Hammer Horrors. Colour has no fade and sound is excellent, not quite as pin sharpe as some of there other scope releases but very good none the less. [Wink]
 -  -
 -
 -

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2013 04:00 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, Dracula prince of the darkness is my favorite Dracula movie.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 01:22 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots of STAR WARS Vidar and Tom I would love to have the feature you guys are so lucky to have money to burn for your hobby . I have only the digest. But I'm happy forever to have the rare feature print of the grand daddy of them all FORBIDDEN PLANET. Without this film there would BE NO WARS.  -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 02, 2013 05:00 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
I also have the Super8 Scope "Pod Race" extract and agree its very good quality print...action packed as well, glad I bought it new from Derann.

Laksmi

Of all the Super8 films to collect "Forbidden Planet" would have to be one of the best to own...a true classic.

Graham.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2013 05:04 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great images Laksmi.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 02, 2013 06:27 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super color on Forbidden Planet there. It's not so much money here in Norway, Laksmi. Star Wars was about 150-170 dollar. Many of my 16mm prints are about 15-25 dollar and they're not perfect by far, but tolerable. Many of them have been chopped and fixed later. Still enjoy them a lot though

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 12:20 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thatīs true, I paid for my 35mm Star Wars Ep. 2&3 each 250 Euro.

Yesterday I watched on 35mm: Batman (1943) chapter 5 and 6. Feature: Tarzan and the Amazons (Johnny weismuller). Yeah it was a screening like a staurday matines in the 40īs.
I will post screenshots later.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 03, 2013 03:55 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I watched my slightly faded Annie Hall. Still enjoy the movie though, one of my favorites

-

It has swedish subtitles
 -

And here is with a cyan filter
 -

-

-

-

Keaton is superb in this (usually she is in most of the things she do, but love this character)

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 12:28 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Shots Vidar that was a good amount just right. I will buy a STAR WARS from you if you can find me a feature Oemer or Vidar for a good price. Anyway I was watching AVATAR 200 reel trailer tonight super 8 color /sound.  -
 -
 -  -

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 11:50 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I screened two very different films, "FIVE MAN ARMY"
an Italian Western on the lines of "The Dirty Dozen", five men with
individual skills, swordsman, explosives expert etc, rob a train to
further the Mexican revolution,very enjoyable with Peter Graves
and Bud Spencer,with a rousing music score from Ennio Morricone. The second was the sequel to Psycho, "PSYCHO 2",
which I have always thought to be as good as the first film.The
opening titles coupled with a very beautiful music score from the excellent Jerry Goldsmith, and first rate photography, set the tone. Anthony Perkins portrays his role
faultlessly, as do the rest of this fine cast, a worthy sequel that
I am proud to have.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 12:05 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer Yalinkilic , I bet 35mm films of that date don't come up very often. Johnny Weismuller was Tarzan; forget the rest.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 12:56 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Tarzan, I think the definitive Tarzan film has yet to be made, the novels are very non pc, but as for my favourites, I liked
Gordon Scott, and the interpretation from Christopher Lambert
must rank as excellent.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 04, 2013 01:34 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Original 1977 version of Star Wars. 16mm scope, but faded. Borrowed from a friend
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 01:40 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, double post

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 01:44 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the pics. I love Johnny Weismuller as Tarzan, he is my childhood hero and Batman too.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 02:14 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Oemer, good images.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 04:53 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Robert, this kind of film on 35mm is realy hard to find.
The seller listed on ebay also the chapter 11 of the Batman Serial, link

I bought only 5&6 to have an example with the cliffhanger at the end and the next folowing chapter.
I am searching since many years to complete two other Serials, from I have the half of the chapters(Captain Marvel & King of the Rocket men) and it is impossible to complete them. The seller of the Batman Serial have all this Serials complete for sale, but he wants $5000 for each of them. You see, it is another price range for film. In this case is a Super 8 or 16mm print cheaper.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC