8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 143)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 05:45 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots Oemer ! Holly Batman I love the series! Was that Ming as the bad guy? I love those old serials I have one on a 400 that I watched after seeing yours.  -
 -
 -
 -
 - BATMAN & ROBIN

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 04:13 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool laksmi, I could not catch Batman on a screenshot.
The Villain is J. Carrol Naish. Ming in the Flash gordon Serial was Charles B. Middleton.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 12:26 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not posting any pictures as it's Star Wars yet again :-) Special Edition for the second time this week and two-three days ago it was Star Wars 1977 version in 16mm

I still have a couple of friends to see Star Wars too :-) Overdosed soon, but still find it enjoyable

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, you paid $50 for 'Star Wars' on 16mm?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 03:57 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, I only borrowed the 16mm ... It's an original 1977 scope release with swedish subtitles.

I paid 170 or so for my 35mm Special Edition though and will get a lot of other features soon for about 80 dollar each (Lethal Weapon, Alien 3 and such nice titles)

Mostly 16mm prints here are from 15-50 dollars

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 06:26 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar try another movie now you can see that the FORCE is not with you on this. Like I said before to many pictures tent to Overdose the viewer. Last night I watched Song of India with Sabu 400 foot digest B/W super 8mm. Great movie I love India were it all started .  -
 -
 -
 -  -
 -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 07:27 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Where what all started, Laksmi?

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 09:25 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ... Nice one Hugh!

Vidar, can I send you a list of titles I'd like? I'd like $15-50 features on 16mm as well. [Big Grin]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2013 02:27 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where what all started ? The most beautiful art in the world, Silk, Columbus, Alexander the great, Yoda, Yoga,Joseph Campbell, The swastika, Sanskrit, The motherland, Jesus visited , Gandhi ,India biggest movie maker in the world, the crown jewels of England, Science, The FORCE, Vimana flying air ships, Culture, to name a few ! [Big Grin] Ha ha ... Nice one Akshay it would take a life time to answer the rest of Hugh's question ! Maybe he can buy my book of Philosophy and painting my artist name is CARUHASA.  -

I LOVE INDIA !

--------------------

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2013 02:37 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd guess every country/culture could claim to be the source of something or the other. But how is Yoda from India?

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2013 02:45 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
George Lucas told me Yoda and STAR WARS came from his talks with Joseph Campbell. Who read the Ramayana the Indian epic.  -

--------------------

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2013 02:48 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now there is no arguing with Lucas about 'Star Wars'! So you must be right!!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 08, 2013 03:53 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still love Star Wars, though mostly the 1977 version. I think I'd never overdose on neither Star Wars nor Alien ... Can see again and again.

Going to Oslo to see a new friends 35mm setup today and he's gonna show a movie.

I might get more 16mm, but as I am a greedy bastard, I am first in line for them :-)

But, there's only once or twice a year I can get them and it's closing in on the next event that hopefully will lead to some new titles (mostly not the #1 titles, but gotten The Final Countdown for about 20 or 25 I think, Dracula '79, Body Double and so on.)

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2013 08:49 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May the FORCE be with you Vidar ! I was watching Yoda in my Digest last night you guys got me into it. Empire 2 X 400 super 8mm color sound.  -

--------------------

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2013 03:21 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, how was your friend's 35mm presentation? What 16mm features did you get?

Offering $51+shipping for 'Body Double', if color is good. You say it isn't #1 title? Ebert gave it a very good review. Serious offer this one!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 03:37 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
#1 titles being E.T., Star Wars, Alien ... Big box office hits, but yes, I do like the Body Double myself, I love De Palma.

He's room was just awesome, didn't bring a camera, forgot it, as I had to bring my Elmo projectors, film I borrowed, PC for another friend and so on. Just forgot camera.

His cinema room was absolutely perfect, a mini theatre, with the exact feel of my old cinema in Sarpsborg. Nice machine room with a huge Bauer (don't know the model)

We saw some trailers, a few norwegian shorts and talked.

He fixed one of my Elmos :-)

I am giving Body Double to my son, as that's the only double I have and getting him into 16mm without a film is quite boring, but thanks for the offer.

I did get Winterhawk (bit red) with Woody Strode, Boss Nigger with Fred Williamson, Texas, Adios with Franco Nero, Tarzan and the Slavegirl and Tarzan's Peril with Lex Barker. Were about 30 each ... A couple worn ones and the rest is supposed to be decent quality. Will see through them soon

Also got a plastic bag with Super 8 films for about 50, including 4 Tom & Jerry

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2013 03:47 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, I am also getting into 16mm. I have nothing except a 30-seconds T.V. spot of 'Le Mans'. I also want a father to start me in 16mm. Can you adopt me please?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 03:46 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw two of the new 16mm's I got yesterday

Texas, Adios
 -

-

-

Nice little western

And then it was Winterhawk

This is with one cyan filter
 -

-

This one I don't remember if was with the same filter as above or all three cyan filters
 -

This is for sure with all three filters
 -

And without filters, in all it's redness :-)
 -

Can't expect too much from 30 dollar features I guess, but they are watchable

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2013 03:51 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man! That 'Texas, Adios' looks good. Surely you didn't pay $50 for it?! Please adopt me as your son Vidar. Please. Or, please ask Oemer to adopt me so I can enjoy his Philips FP-3.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 04:02 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, ha ... No, I didn't pay 50 dollar for it, I paid 30 :-) It does have some flaws, like some 5-10 splices, but the color has kept nicely

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 04:04 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea Alexander the Great was from India. To be fair, the
greatest stories in the world, forget George Lucas and bloody Star Wars, come from the Greek Myths and the Arabian Nights, after all,the stars all have Arabic names. Astronomy is down to them..India is a fine Country,and we
in Britain have very close ties to it, and they do have a wonderful culture.
Vidar, "Adios Texas" isn't a bad revenge western with Franco Nero, and very nice print by the look of your screen grabs.
Also Akshay is not your long lost son, whatever he says, but I
sympathise with him.It could be anyone of us!

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2013 04:20 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have no close ties with you guys Hugh. First you humiliated us 4-0 in England two summers ago. Then when we let you tour India, you still defeated us 2-1. Your cricket team is the reason we can never be friends Hugh. Never.

Until of course we start winning Test series again. [Smile]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 04:30 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay, I have played as I said with sportsmen, and they are all
bad losers.I'm sure the cricketers from India are better losers than
the gang I played with, Although it does make a pleasant change
at Britain winning in sports, that "stiff upper lip" is starting to make the kids look like Barney Rubble, it's been so long. As a sort
of P.S. it's like Monte Python's take on "What did the Romans do for us", Laksmi, the British Empire, changed this world for the
better, including India, where Polo was payed with human heads!

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2013 05:48 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
England have been a good cricketing team the last few years. The two Ashes this year will be fun. Next summer we tour England for five Tests, should be interesting.

Coming back to films, love Vidar's pics. If he keeps buying prints as profically as he is doing presently, this thread is going to look really really good.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 05:51 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sooner or later I will get duplicates ... I will consider offering them up, but mostly they are subtitled with danish, swedish or norwegian subtitles.

Thank you, please post some of your prints too, love to see other peoples prints too.

Tomorrow, I think I'll see one or two Tarzan movies (Lex Barker ones) or maybe Boss Nigger with Fred Williamson (kinda looking forward to this [Smile] )

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC