8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 144)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2013 05:56 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, pics of nearly every print I have are on this thread already. I have no hope of finding any new prints because one "greedy bastard" (quoting Vidar) buys everything for $25-50!!

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 05:59 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember this title "Boss NIgger"( apologies) from Cork Film
in Ireland, many years ago, chances are it could be one of theirs.
My sentiments exactly Akshay.Sorry Vidar, kinda, sorta got caught
up, as they say.( i hope you know we're joking, I refuse to use those horrible cartoon faces)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 09, 2013 06:03 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean store selling the 16mm prints or making the film? It's a norwegian subtitled one, so I am pretty sure it's Handelsflåten in Norway having these, or from some cinema way out in nowhere :-)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 09, 2013 10:55 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight:

Hans Fischerkoesen's "Scherzo - Verwitterte Melodie" (Weatherbeaten Melody) followed by the entire feature "When the North Wind Blows".

-That's seven reels and more than two hours.

It's a nice way to end the week!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2013 01:45 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I saw DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL digest 400 sup 8mm.  -  -  -  -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 10, 2013 01:04 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,

I've never seen a 400' version!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 10, 2013 01:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Tarzan and the Slave Girl on 16mm and Boss Nigger
 -

-

-

Drunk ape :-)
 -

-

And here's from Boss Nigger
 -

-

-

[ August 10, 2013, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2013 11:48 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar the clips of the slave girls look interesting. Last night I was watching Sherlock Holmes faces Death super 8mm 400 b/w sound.  -
 -
 -
 -  -  -  -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 02:07 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a bit of a optical sound night getting through quite a few reels of film, but the main parts of the programme were..

Bugsy Malone (optical sound)
 -

Memories of Me (optical sound) pretty amazing colour on this
 -

To the Devil a Daughter. Chris Lee and Widmark little gem.

-

The making of this film was really difficult by all accounts as Richard Widmark was often walking off set or refusing to work unless he got certain privileges. It’s a magnetic sound print and I’m toying with recording the audio commentary on the balance track is its really interesting. I’m still using my first screen which after only 40 years use in screening room 2 is starting to curl so will miss the old girl when I replace it shortly.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 03:22 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that Memories of Me has nice colors, mine too is nice. And Christopher Lee is awesome :-)

All full features? Keep the pictures coming

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 03:54 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laskmi, who released the 400ft digest of When the earth stood still?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 07:15 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say I've come across one Tom, the only ones I'm aware of are
the Ken 200' & a feature release on S/8 a few years back.As for
making "To The Devil A Daughter", by all accounts Richard Widmark was a pain, an actor I truly like, but on the set of this
film he was intolerable, even kicking over a camera, having a
problem with the wind machine, which he said was no good, until
informed by the Director, it was the same one used by them both
on a previous film, he gave in and relaxed.
Thinking on what Laksmi said on Jesus visiting India, he's also
reported to have been in Britain, somehow I think when he seen
the queues at Calais, I think that would have put paid.

[ August 11, 2013, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Hugh Thompson Scott ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 09:59 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todays first, Tarzan's Peril, 16mm
 -

-

-

-

Now the next viewings begin, Shout at the Devil, the 4 parts Super 8 Star Wars/Empire and a couple of Disney's

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 10:26 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting films Lee, how does it feel viewing a film in which you had a part?( Bugsy Malone)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 11:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I get older a little more emotional or perhaps nostalgic looking back particularly as some of the cast have passed away. The upside is that within the last year or so I have been doing some guest appearances at stage versions of the film which has been an encouragement to new young actors I’m told and really nice to be involved with. I don’t think Bugsy will ever leave my blood or memories of the pillow fights we had after filming each day at our hotel. Very happy days!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 12:00 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
A classic film in which you had a part, you should be very proud, as I am of one of our members. Nice to know that it's a stage show, not being a musical lover, there are some great tunes in there, as time has shown, it's still a very popular film and now stage show..A different thread perhaps of
similar inputs into the film industry, as there are many talented
people on this forum who might share similar thoughts.
As a PS Lee, where can you be spotted in the movie.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 11, 2013 03:02 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Started with Shout at the Devil, feature with optical sound
 -

-

Lonesome Ghosts, 200' sound
 -

Bone Trouble, 200' sound
 -

Star Wars Part 1
 -

Star Wars Part 2
 -

The Empire Strikes Back Part 1
 -

The Empire Strikes Back Part 2
 -

All Star Wars parts are with a cyan filter, the rest is "clean"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2013 12:27 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Day the Earth stood Still was not a 400 digest it was in a 400 take up reel sorry. Tonight I saw BUCK RODGERS 200 digest super 8mm. I still like the movie no matter how much I see it.  -  -

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 12, 2013 01:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched good old Goofy in 'Motor Mania' which was never released in the UK so this was a Piccolo print in need a English re record.
 -

High. I'll be spotted in Fat Sams band next to Jodie Foster at times.  - 'Slipper and the Rose' was being filmed in the next studio and when not needed I used to stand in the large doorway watching that being filmed.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 12, 2013 02:51 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Lee. I will check my Goofy and see, but I believe I have a german cover, but the soundtrack is english. Funny that one :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 16, 2013 01:47 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few titles I got the other day

War of the Planets, 200' silent, very stripey
 -

-

-

Learning to film, a 2x400' film about Super 8 as a hobby for the family, by Kodak and in norwegian
 -

-

-

And a cartoon I've never seen before
 -

-

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2013 06:27 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that 2x400 looks exciting, one we need to take a look at when I come over, Vidar ;-)

Ran a few films tonight to check that the machines were still good to go, been way to long since my last screening, but now that the nights are darker and I have more time there will be more!

Friday August 17, 2013:
- "Mickey's Trailer" 200' WDHM
- "Cat Concerto" 200' Derann
- "Popeye meets Ali Baba" 400', lowfade, unknown dist.
- "The Cat Above and the Mouse Below" 400' (16 mm)
- "Karius og Baktus" 800' (16 mm)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 16, 2013 06:33 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure can do ... When are you planning to come this way?

Weird also is that it's sound, but runs at 18fps :-)

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2013 08:24 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,I love the Buck Rogers 200 footer as well,Your print has great color.I picked up mine off ebay for a steal of 99 cents a few months back.The color is fading,the sound is excellent. I love the fight scene in the old ruins of Chicago.

I loved this series when it came out originally and still do.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2013 08:27 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,I love the Buck Rogers 200 footer as well,Your print has great color.I picked up mine off ebay for a steal of 99 cents a few months back.The color is fading,the sound is excellent. I love the fight scene in the old ruins of Chicago.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC