8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 147)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2013 01:03 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With yet another version of Stephen King's "Carrie" comming out in October, I decided to revist the film from 1976. I watched both Derann 400's.

This is the first and the best.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It's a great story but after the stage musical, the awful "The Rage: Carrie 2" and the TV movie from 2002 do they really need to make it again? I like Julianne Moore (see "Short Cuts" and "The Hours") but from what I've seen in the trailers, she's no Piper Laurie. Also, Julianne Moore should avoid acting in pointless remakes. See Gus Van Sant's 1998 "Psycho". Better yet, don't.

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 13, 2013 03:06 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw 16mm print of Sting II ... Jackie Gleason is good, as is Karl Malden
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

Better than expected, though not as good as The Sting of course

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night we watched a 'Pink Panther' "Genie with the Light Pink Fur" Sadly if you'll excuse the pun a little pink, but not too bad. Complete with Saint Louis County Library title.

Not bad animation simplistic, but seems to fit well. Plus that GREAT theme music.

Followed by "YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK" Hard to tell, but I think a little fade, but still plenty of colour. Even more enjoyable due to visiting twice. Brought back a few memories. Plus seeing the places we hadn't time to go to. A really beautiful place. A very informative little film.

Finished with a quick preview of "Joe Kidd" in scope. Colour looks very good a few lines, but missing opening credits. I'll need to give this a clean before we watch it all.

I must admit I do like most of Clint Eastwood's films he has made over the years.

Now the dark nights are here I must watch my 16mm "Where Eagles Dare" sadly not scope. Not seen my 16mm for a while now, I hope its not fading. I have to go to my mum's as the living room is great for film shows.

Getting too old now I can tell what each actor is going to say before they say it. BUT I love this film, its what collecting is all about. "Broadsword Calling Danny Boy" I only watch this film 10 times a year though.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2013 06:14 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

That print of High Noon is impressive. I wish I had one as yours.
I bet that your film was printed the same year it was made in 1952.

Why don't you check along the sprockets with a lens or magnifying glass
and if it reads KODAK and then followed by a Square and Cross symbols
then it verifies a 1952 printing.

The fine grains appearance shows each strand of hair on the actors head
and the fabric on Grace Kelly's dress is well defined.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 14, 2013 07:29 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a borrowed one, was very sharp and fine. A few splices and needs a little cleaning, but it was an enjoyable film. I wish it was mine too :-)

My eyesight isn't good enough to see small writings like that, sadly

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2013 01:55 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched ALIEN super 8 400 foot reel. Still has good color ,No mater how many times I see the chest burst seen it still gets me every time,  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

-

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 15, 2013 04:03 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love Alien too, Laksmi. Never tire of it

We viewed today ... The Chairman, 16mm
 -

-

Tom & Jerry: Jerry and the Goldfish, 200' sound
 -

Three Stooges: Hoi Polloi, 400' sound
 -

Pink Panther: Congratulations - It's Pink, 200' sound
 -

Buck Rogers, 2x400'
 -

-

The Trap, 400'
 -

[ September 15, 2013, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2013 02:00 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the only full-length feature I have on super 8.

GREASE

The print is faded but there are no scratches and the sound is very good.

-

"If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter."

-

Hopelessly Devoted to You

-

Greased Lightning

-

"All right, let's trying cutting it to two packs a day."

-

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2013 02:22 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screenshots guys.
A long time ago my last screening. No time for Film [Frown]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2013 10:09 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer here is what I watched last night Super 8 color trailer and a 400 footer digest version .I really like this film it was a hit when it first came out.
WAR OF THE WORLDS  -
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2013 06:19 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched 400ft Walton digests of "Capricorn One" and "Bugsy Malone".

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2013 06:43 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan. What do you think of the "Capricorn One" Walton film? I have this and the other that Walton did "The Sea Wolves" both were released about the same time.

I don't think they were 'digests' as such, more promotional films to sell the films to cinemas.

I do like them both though, very enjoyable and all action.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 18, 2013 01:05 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend and me watched the Tom Hanks film, The Money Pit today. 16mm and was quite amusing, more than I remembered.
 -

-

-

Hilarious when the tub falls through and his happiness when he get stairs [Smile]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 02:22 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David. It certainly looks like a promo that Lew Grade would have put out at the time, to help market it. I thought it gave a fairly good flavour of the story. Mine is a nice Fuji print.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 04:38 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Laksmi [Smile]

Did you watched War of the Worlds in 1953 ? (how old are you??).
I watched it exact 1978 on TV.
Here is a very good article about widescreen by Bob Furmanek.
He wrote War of the Worlds was released in 1953 with Stereo sound. widescreen-documentation

click on the link and scroll to the middle of the website.

[ September 19, 2013, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Oemer Yalinkilic ]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 19, 2013 07:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Memories of Me 1988 and popular here.
 -
I'm guestimating these early 90's prints of MOM were the most produced in optical sound. Anyone else remember when they had them all piled high at Blackpool I wonder. I'm getting some good optical sound from the GS1200 and this print is a corker.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 19, 2013 07:47 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found my Memories of Me to be one of my best in quality. Also love the film, Billy Crystal and Alan King is great together and there's something about JoBeth Williams :-)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 19, 2013 07:58 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think why I like it so much is all the performances are honest perhaps with quite a bit of improvisation which makes for an entertaining movie. Nice film and a credit to them all including Henry Winkler. Wasn’t Sean Connery filming The Presidio at the time he had his walk on in this? Alan King also shines doesn’t he in this, stealing the show somewhat and I was amazed to read the amount of charity work he had undertaken in his life. Really nice collectable film with meaning.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 19, 2013 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may have been sold by Derann in the early 90's, but that super 8 optical was released in the year of theatrical distribution, in the mid to late 80's.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 12:49 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a Derann print of the Time Machine and the trailer to SW Attack of the Clones.

I haven't watched the Time Machine print yet but the clones trailer looks nice!

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 03:12 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched today "Phantom of the rue morque" 16mm IB tech. I wished to see it in 3D like it was released.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 04:23 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched 'Land without Music' 1935 starring Richard Tauber and Diana Napier Tauber; followed by a wartime GB News, showing children in London, and the US Airforce taking on the Luftwaffe.
Both 16mm.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2013 01:28 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer I am 64 but I saw the released . Last Night I watched the TIME MACHINE 3X400 super 8 color sound, I got the film from Red Fox 30 years ago . I still have a love for Weena's child like ways and purity .  -
 -
 -

-
 -
 -

-
 -

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 20, 2013 02:46 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,

I'm a huge fan of The Time Machine. Whenever its playing at a revival house or part of a film series I always go because it looks spectacular on a big screen.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 12:32 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched one of my favorite 3x400's.

CLASH OF THE TITANS

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Saw the original feature in the theater when I was 10. Loved it then. Still love it now.

I tried to watch the 2010 version. Couldn't do it.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC