8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 148)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 03:34 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love both those films Doug and Chris, TIME MACHINE and CLASH OF THE TITAN. The girl in CLASH looks so beautiful and pure like Weena. When ever I get to watch both these films on the big screen I love it. Rest in peace George and Ray. Last night I watched MIGHTY JOE YOUNG the Escape reel 3X400 reel 3 in Ray's honor .  -
 -

-

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, I love the Time Machine too.
The holy grail in my collection is a 35mm technicolor print of The Time Machine. I have also the S8 3x400, it is very well edited.
I love to watch this movie at New Years Eve.

Chris: I love Clash of the Titans too and I watched it also in the theater in 1981. Nice selection of films guys.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 04:31 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh you luck people to have "The Time Machine" in 35mm. I have "King Kong" "Mighty Joe Young" and "Son Of Kong" on super 8 "King Kong" was on the waiting list. Love watching them all. Have "Clash Of The Titans" 3x400ft too good film.

Laksmi I think "Clash Of The Titans" was the last film that Ray worked on? Not the best, but still better than the remake.

Ray cost me a fortune I went to see "Jason And The Argoughts" while still at school (re release) and he hooked me to films.

Lucky to have "Jason" on super 8mm and on 16mm 7th, Golden, Mysterious Island.

He is still the master.

Must add he made me very happy with his films.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Jon Byler
Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 11:55 PM      Profile for Jon Byler   Email Jon Byler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I took it back almost to the beginning and watched a copy of "lumiere's picture show", a Blackhawk print on super 8.

Interesting to see what people paid to go see before there were even storylines written for films. I don't remember the first film I ever saw, or when I even became aware of motion pictures, they just were a thing that existed like so many others that I was encountering. It must have been spectacular to see something like this for the first time as an adult back then. All of a sudden, moving images of people projected on a screen.

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2013 12:14 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Just watched a classic.

One of my favorite 2x400's from U8.

JAWS

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2013 03:01 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
green for danger and no limit both on 16mm

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 22, 2013 03:59 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Jaws digest is awesome ... Nicely edited

Just love that one

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 23, 2013 01:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your Jaws Digest looks great. Mine has the slightest color shift but still good.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 23, 2013 02:59 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No pictures today ... Saw B&W prints of Bonnie and Clyde and Woman in Hiding on 16mm

Bonnie and Clyde was in color wasn't it?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 23, 2013 03:53 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday (all super 8 200 feet, the two first silent and the two others sound)Buzzin'Around (with Fatty Arbuckle), La baignade de Monseigneur (with Fernandel), Mickey's Nightmare and Pathe News (from 1945). Today (in super 8, 1600 feet) Vivre libre (from Jean Renoir).

--------------------
Dominique

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2013 11:06 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a classic last night JUNGLE DRUMS 200 foot super 8 color sound. I never get tired of these gems of animation.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 25, 2013 02:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Motor Mania' with good old Goofy. A little rare to find this cartoon here in English.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 26, 2013 02:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw an incomplete print of A Breath of Scandal (seller didn't say it wasn't complete sadly), 16mm, first half is very dark
 -

-

-

A Lawless Street, 16mm
 -

-

-

-

And just checked the quality of Sophie's Choice, 16mm (saw five minutes or so)
 -

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 06:48 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No films last night [Frown] , but had the headphones on listening to film music.

To list just a few:

"Where Eagles Dare" Descent & Fight On The Cable Car. Great score by Ron Goodwin.

"North By Northwest" Theme Bernard Herrmann

"20th Century Fox Fanfare And Cinemascope Extension" Alfred Newman

"The Dam Busters" Eric Coates Leighton Lucas

Plus quite a few more.

I find that with the good score I can just close my eyes and watch the film, just by listening to the music.

I ripped the CD's to my hard disc and can play them all over the house. Plus the great advantage you can just dip in a play what takes your fancy, without changing CD.

Some of the tracks are on this CD release "100 Greatest Film Themes"

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 29, 2013 04:28 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todays little fun consists of a Super 8 feature, The Conqueror
 -

-

-

-

Planet of the Apes 1-5
 -

Earthquake, 400'
 -

The Face of Fu Manchu, 200' silent
 -

The Curse of Frankenstein, 200' silent
 -

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 11:27 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Friday I ran a rare Walter Forde comedy on 16mm Walter's Winning Ways (1921, 800ft) and then on Saturday I projected a great D.W. Griffith program on 16mm at the Echo Park Film Center..For those who have never seen some of these I highly recommend Faithful for an excellent comedy, and Sorrows of the Unfaithful to see Mary Pickford playing a very uncharacteristic two timing vamp.

Fools of Fate (1909)
Lines Of White On a Sullen Sea (1909)
A Corner in Wheat (1909)
Faithful (1910)
Sorrows of the Unfaithful (1910)
The Chink at Golden Gulch (1910)
The Rose of Kentucky (1911)
The Painted Lady (1912)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2013 07:08 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched DR WHO AND THE DALEKS (Walton 4 x 400ft)

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 30, 2013 12:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VIdar ...

not to shabby on the "Conqueror" print, that's a hard one to find with any decent color.

Laksmi, my friend, you just adore Superman, don'tcha?! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 30, 2013 01:53 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, not too bad. Needs a cleaning though :-/

Bought from CHC, I believe and paid GBP 30

[ September 30, 2013, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2013 03:51 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yesterday but the day before, it was a screening like in the 70īs. It was a martial arts day.
I run 3 trailers: two pseudo Bruce Lee movies with Bruce Li, than the trailer of my favorite martial arts movie THE NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN.
The Main feature was a strange one, because there is no real main actor in this movie "KUNG FU MYSTAGOGUE" but it is a very nice one with cool weapons and they jump 10 or 20 meters.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Unfortunately not Super 8, all 35mm prints.
Here are few youtube clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkZbCEpGvBE&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJnefmbiF7I&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSWJxFi0Cy8&feature=youtu.be

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2013 04:06 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW Omar, I went to the cinema to see "THE NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN" I did quite enjoy it. Way over the top, but FUN.

Vidar Went to my local Videma last week to see the 'Hammer' double bill. "Curse Of Frankenstein" was the first one up. Great cast.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 30, 2013 04:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my new cheapos was viewed today

Little Caesar 1200' Super 8 Sound
 -

I was a Teenage Werewolf 200' Super 8 silent
 -

Three for Breakfast 200' Super 8 silent
 -

Uninhabited House 200' Super 8 silent
 -

Charlie Concierge 200' Super 8 silent and Rough & Tumbleweed 200' Super 8 silent
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2013 08:54 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of movies to watch OSi check out this flick . Nice to see you again Dino. SUPERMAN super 8mm digest 400 reel.  -
 - I LOVE SUP

-
 -

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2013 10:14 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched the trailer for Dr. No! Came in the mail today from the Reel Image. It looks really nice but the sound drops off at a certain point.

Other than that, its really good.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2013 12:19 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight's films were two of the three 3x400's I own from MGM (the other is "Clash of the Titans").

WESTWORLD

-

-

-

-

and BEN-HUR.

-

-

-

-

All three reels of BEN-HUR are actually quite red. It took two layers of blue cellophane to get a somewhat decent color. WESTWORLD needs no gels. It still has good color. Unfortunately, both films have some VS.

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC