8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 149)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 01, 2013 01:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see those screenshots of "Westworld" Chris! I have the optical sound super 8 feature but the strange thing about it, is it's one of those rare super 8 opticals that was printed wrong, two of the reels have OK sharpness to them, standard for mid 70's super 8 optical, but the other two are VERY soft focus, most frustrating.

Still, nice to have the whole feature.

That superman of yours looks quite good Laksmi!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2013 04:59 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, you did a nice job recovering the color on Ben-Hur! I wonder if a polarizing filter would improve the contrast. It won't make the color richer but part of what folks like about saturation is due in part to the contrast.

It might provide the illusion of richer colors.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2013 07:51 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took a look at a reel of my most favorite silent feature, Greed directed by Eric Von Stroheim. Standard 8mm.

-

-

-

Greed

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2013 11:47 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in the mood for more Spielberg digests after watching JAWS the other day. I just watched all the other ones.

DUEL

-

SUGARLAND EXPRESS 2x400

-

-

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND

-

-

1941 2x400

-

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 12:43 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching last night a Black and white classic super 8mm feature 3X600. I never get tired of and the girl at the end gets me every time. Why did she go to sleep I tell her. She was so pretty they got out of everything and were home free. Pod people here they come!  -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 03, 2013 03:12 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Spielberg evening looked nice :-) I am so wanting a decent 1941 myself and Duel too

Love it

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 03, 2013 04:03 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Spielberg evening looked nice :-) I am so wanting a decent 1941 myself and Duel too

Love it

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 05:23 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

This is a first for me that Laurel & Hardy's Hog Wild was titled uninhabited house.

Hog Wild is one of their very best.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2013 01:01 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was seeing ufo movies after the pod invasion The Third Kind digest love it  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 05:23 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems to have lots of different titles those L&H's. I think Two Tars at least have one called Car Crashers and Road to Ruin in 200'

Makes it a bit difficult to know the original title sometimes :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 04:55 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw some 16mm shorts and a feature today
Deputy Dawg: Air Plant and Abbott & Costello: High Flyers
 -

Abbott & Costello: Midget Car Racing and No Indians Please, L&H: Mistaken Idendity
 -

Something Big and W.C. Fields Golf
 -

The first picture of Something Big is no filter, the rest is with one cyan filter

[ October 05, 2013, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 05:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's incredible, I watched the same Abott and Costello (High Flyers) two days ago in the 200 feet super 8 silent version.

--------------------
Dominique

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2013 11:10 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar your going back to your old style of showing a lot of movie shots. You go over board with pictures. Last night I watched AVATAR super 8mm trailer.  -

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 05, 2013 01:34 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we saw 16mm feature of The War Wagon. Very nice and sharp print with good colors (a few fault it has, like many splices and the last minute is a norwegian ending with less quality) ... Good movie

-

-

-

Stopping now, or else Laksmi will kick my a**

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2013 04:11 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I played real Cinema with my kids. We watched Bruce Lee Green hornet (35mm). With some advertising at the begining and the Trailer of Spiderman strikes back.

The kids made some tickets and charged money from my wife, she watched only the advertising and left the living room. We had potato chips and lot of fun.

No pics today, my full attention was on the movie.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2013 03:31 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omer. Was the "Green Hornet" one of the episodes or the episodes that were edited into features for European cinemas?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2013 04:43 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the feature edited from 3 TV shows. I have the other feature too, but it is faded. This one is on LPP filmstock with beautiful color, except last (smal) reel, this last 5 minutes is also faded.
Both features exist also on Super 8 (diggist) from UFA and Marketing.

Today I watched a 35mm technicolor Reel:
3x Cartoons and 7x trailers
Cartoons: Andy Panda- Knock, Knock (first appearance of Woody Woodpecker), Woodpecker- Termites from Mars, Silly Symphonie- Cookie Carnival.
Trailer: The Black Rose, The Mark of the Renegade, Sombrero, Small Town Girl, Meet me in St. Louise, Thousend Chears and Everythink I have is yours.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2013 07:51 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't show any films last night. I watched numerous films in Wildwood at Cinesea 8.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2013 11:19 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the classic sexy Jane Fonda in super 8 digest 400 reel BARBARELLA .It was a very different Sci-Fi movie with it's abstract images.I love John Philip Law as the angel it was one of his first films. This was the French Star Wars in those days a comic book Avant garde , FILM noir  -
 -

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm ... Barbarella!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 08:56 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gorgeous color on Meet Me in St. Louis! I agree that Hog Wild is one of Laurel and Hardy's best. My favorite part is the rock fight at the end. Hysteria and outrageous behavior at its finest. Images (Standard 8mm Blackhawk)

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 01:38 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was about to see The Sea Hawk, but in the boxes was The Flame and the Arrow, so we saw that instead
 -

-

-

16mm print

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We started with two PG tips Chimp ads in scope and two rare trailers both in scope and both with 1st class print colour and sound,
Kelly’s Heroes teaser
 -
And full trailer to the Edgar Alan Poe film The Raven, with Vincent price and Boris Karloff,
And then we pulled out the classic feature scope print of
The Fog. A film with a bit of a fan following although its reviews upon its original cinema release were not very good, this is classic John Carpenter, it needs no introduction to the super 8 collector but as I have said before this is a big screen super 8 film, I have watched it once on TV and it lost all its impact. Our print is excellent although there is weird high pitch, (almost like a fax) noise on and off until the titles disappear, we did pick this up years ago for just £70 from our good friend Roger Lily of movieland international. In fact we picked up some great horror bargains as Roger never sold what he described as Horror movies due to his own reasons but when he rang us and said I have this film or that film for x amount of £s we were always pleased and this was the best bargain. Excellent colour and sound. Good definition with just a few minor marks in the very last reel but nothing some cleaner wont sort out for the next viewing. Some of the images were difficult to get right as most of the film is set at night so i did my best [Wink]
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 03:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I watched (in super 8 sound) These Lights Must Not Go Out and Autograph Hound (a Donald Duck's cartoon in which he's trying to get signatures from Hollywood's stars).

--------------------
Dominique

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 10:09 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the classic strong man flick he replaced Steve Reeves in the title role. Victor Mature was great but I would have gone for Steve. SAMSON AND DELILAH 3 X 400 color sound super 8mm. I love these epic strong man flicks. There full of costumes ,beautiful women, and sets.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC