8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 151)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  148  149  150  151  152  153  154  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2013 11:42 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched X - FILESdigest 200 reel super 8mm color sound, The X FILES is a great tv show and a very fantastic movie. I wish they would make another.  -
 -
 -
 -  -
 -  -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 14, 2013 11:59 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, is that a trailer or a digest of an episode? If digest of an episode, which episode?

Great series, up to a point. Was getting a bit out of hand at the end

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2013 01:18 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a movie promo Vidar it is a pit bigger then a trailer .Last night I watched a beautiful musical digest THE KING AND I 400 reel with Deborah Kerr and my old friend Yul.  - And another digest SOUND OF MUSIC 400 reel  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2013 02:32 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a Film Classics print of Laurel and Hardy in "Their First Mistake" on 16mm and some Walton Pink Panther cartoons on super 8.

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 16, 2013 12:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha! Jonathan, the screenshot you took looks like the first time where the first thing to fade on a super 8 film print, is the PINK!

(snicker)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2013 03:27 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi.The colour balance on my camera phone was a bit out!Rest assured, the panther was as pink as ever. I don't know if this "Pink Valiant" story was made before The Pink Panther Strikes Again. The Pink Panther trying to get into the castle was very similar to one of my favourite Peter Sellers moments.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 17, 2013 10:26 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Viewed the Marketing feature of Grease today ... I do believe it's the whole film, though it's only on two 800'. It seems to be polyester, as it's appearing thinner
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2013 11:07 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The color looks great Vidar; that must be low fade.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2013 11:21 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar Your correct I think all the Marketing Films I have are printed on polyester stock. Your "Grease" looks great, not watched my copy for ages though. It just fits on one spool with my set-up.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 17, 2013 11:53 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, it is looking quite decent. I am not sure all my Marketing films are polyester ... How many feet would Godfather be for example? Mine is on 3x1200' (of course it's a longer film than Grease [Smile] )

Since the evening was so young, I watched a 16mm feature. The Condemned of Altona
 -

-

-

-

[ October 17, 2013, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2013 06:44 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

You have a great copy of GREASE. I got one from eBay a few years ago. It had good color but the sound was bad on reel 4 so I returned it.

I got another one last year. I watched it a month ago. It's pretty faded.

-

You can't tell how red it is because there's a blue filter over the lens.

My 400' digest still has good color. I think I'll watch that tonight.

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2013 10:10 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did watch the 400' GREASE. I also watched all of my other Movie Musical digests.

THE WIZARD OF OZ

-

EASTER PARADE

-

SHOW BOAT
 -

GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES
 -

THE KING & I
 -

THE SOUND OF MUSIC
 -

GREASE
 -

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
 -

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 18, 2013 12:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, I love that 'Gentleman Prefer Blondes"!

One of Marilyn's best!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2013 03:22 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a Red Fox print of "North By Northwest".

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! Jonathan, beautiful color.

I was very glad that Red Fox actually made it into the low fade age as his prints in the low fade age really are outstanding. His print of "Robin Hood" is dazzling!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2013 03:23 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi. It is a 1983 print with LPP colour. Afterwards, I was comparing it to the blu ray. The colour is very accurate. I was expecting it to be a Derann print until I noticed the label was cut out from a Red Fox box.

[ October 19, 2013, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Trevithick ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 03:27 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm feature and a Woody Woodpecker (Hansel & Gretel)
 -

Some Super 8 I got cheap yesterday
 -

-

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2013 05:28 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night 16mm films were MGM News of the Day 1 Reel from June 1967 featuring the crises in Israel and the Middle East, a world expo in Montreal, our Queen and a couple of other items. Interesting little film. Sadly little changes in the world.

This was followed by an episode from the TV series Heart Of The City aka Big Town. Shot in film-noir style, the series focused on the exploits of Steve Wilson and the staff of 'The Illustrated Press' newspaper. Quite enjoyable well acted and a little different.

Both were black & white and very good prints with just the odd lines.

For the main features we moved to dvd. First was Gold Diggers of 1933 wow is this one sexy film. Good fun to take your mind off today's problems, which its aim was in 1933 and it still works today. Great music and dancing

This film is also a classic example of the PRE-CODE stuff that was slipping by the naked girls in silhouette changing into their "armour," the non-stop flashing of underwear or lack of underwear, Ginger Rogers having her large coin torn off by the sheriff's office mug so she's essentially standing there in panties.

-

-

These are just a couple from my images library.

When you look back and this film you realise how good looking actresses and the actors were. And Busby Berkeley dance routines to boot.

Then San Demetrio London an Ealing Film from 1943. Based on a true incident from WW2 another good film with lots of familiar faces from the cast, typical stiff upper lip of the era. At one point when in the lifeboat the sea looks like a negative image.

I watched all these with my son who is 7 next week and he does enjoy them.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 19, 2013 05:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today is Home Movie Day.

I'm serious!

So tonight we'll watch all family movies starting from one I made in my teens.

No sound, no celebrities, no multi-million dollar blockbusters.

-Just us!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 06:33 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mako Jaws Of Death 400, Hanni Calder, The Hunter and Dressed To Kill 3x400' [Eek!]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2013 10:59 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow nice screen shots you guys !To night I watched a classic super 8 400 reel color sound TOM SAWYER  -
SHERLOCK HOLMES 400 reel super 8  -
PETER PAN super 8 trailer on a 100 reel  -

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2013 04:29 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the 5 x 400ft Iver release "Raid on Entebbe" on Fuji stock.

-

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2013 07:46 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw my third MacLean adaption on 16MM, The Secret Ways.
The copy was probably printed in the year of the films release, 1961. The markings also could stand for 1981 but I don't think they printed any copies of this title then. For a print that old it's in a remarkable good condition.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 11:57 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw my 1 dollar Regular 8 with sound, 200' The Three Stooges: We Want Our Mummy
 -

16mm feature with David Niven, The Elusive Pimpernell
 -

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 02:40 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our first Super 8 show in a long time. We had the Charley Chase Columbia short Calling All Doctors followed by the Derann feature release Carry On Screaming:. Nice print with excellent colour. I wonder if anyone else has some lines and the edge of a sprocket showing on the left extreme edge of their print of this one?

-

-

-

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  148  149  150  151  152  153  154  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC