8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 153)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  150  151  152  153  154  155  156  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2013 12:04 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I saw more SC-FI in the mood for LOGANS RUN 400 digest color sound . It really holds up over the years with the acting and effects work I love it. And Jenny Agutter still looks great every time.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ October 31, 2013, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2013 12:12 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love "Logan's Run"! I need to watch it again. A great digest.

I was going to put the projector away after viewing the Disney films but I decided to run one more. It's the only partial feature I have on 16mm. Reel 3 of Neil Simon's "The Out-Of-Towners" from 1970 starring Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis.

-

-

-

-

It's soooo faded. [Smile]

[ November 03, 2013, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Chris Fries ]

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 30, 2013 04:54 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todays fun consisted of 16mm Boss Nigger, Scope
 -

-

Swashbuckler, 400'
 -

Higher and Higher, 4x400'
 -

Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, 400'
 -

-

And HURRAH ... Finally got my Twins of Evil, 200' Walton
 -

-

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 03:54 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was "Twins Of Evil" worth the wait for you? The print looks very good. Its a nice feeling when you get something after a long wait.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 04:12 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, for sure. I did own this as a 11+ year old (I think I bought it when I was 12) and loved it to bits.

We were allowed for me to bring my Elmo ST-600M to school and I showed first a Disney, The Swiss Family Robinson digest Island of Mystery. All was good. Then I put on Twins of Evil and when Cushing do his thing and the head is lifted from the body, he screamed STOP :-/ Didn't think anyone would mind seeing films, I didn't get scared :-)

Oh, memories ... It is a slight moving problem on it though, will try it in another projector and see. Also might do some lubrication on it.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 04:22 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a left to right movement? I had a problem with a couple of Walton releases "Holy Grail" was one that had the problem, but only one reel. The problem stemmed from poor slitting. If you feel at the edge of the film it might feel rough, that is what mine that had sideways weave.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 06:13 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is side to side and I was told it might help with lubricating the film with Film Renew or some similiar liquids.

I will try to feel the side (I know my Buck and the Preacher 400' had two places where there was obvious wrong cutting)

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 10:50 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched some 200 footers with my girlfriend and some friends:

The Bride of Frankenstein
Varan The Unbelievable
Dracula
Mr. Magoo in Sloppy Jalopy

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 05:25 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We of the Never Never, 16mm scope was my film of today ...
 -

-

-

-

-

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 06:51 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing pics Vidar Should it be on 8 not quite sure..

Just packing the Xenon away but the Halloween show went off well and every time I watch it reminds me of the 8mm review I did for Derek way back when. I still think the 8mm scope print looks better than any Blu-Ray I have to say! Use a F1 and 8Z to see the best from this Derann print.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 07:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, never really thought about that ... Is there a similiar thread in 16mm?

I just post what I see, any reel format

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 09:51 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched four super 8 movies.

"The Haunted Mansion" 50' souvenir film from Disneyland.
 -

-

"North by Northwest" 400'.
 -

-

"Psycho" 400'.
 -

-

"The Exorcist" 400'.
 -

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 10:34 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!I was watching in the spirit of the mood. TEENAGE WEREWOLF super 8 digest .I remember on the first Halloween as a kid I tried to duplicate this make up and won a contest at the school party. It turned out really good and professional I sacred a lot of people.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -  -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2013 01:26 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took a look at The Hunchback of Notre Dame, a Blackhawk print on 8mm.

-

I also put on Psycho as well, it's on 16mm and still playing...

-

I didn't have the telecine up but, here are some pictures with my camera. I also had a request for The Wizard of Oz for a midnight show so, I'll add a picture here below from a 16mm print.

-

Happy Halloween!

[Cool]

[ November 01, 2013, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Santana ]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 01, 2013 04:15 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i watched two great shorts, first off was The building of a Blockbuster,(or the Making of The Towering inferno), 200ft color sound and in great shape all round,
 -
 -
 -

Followed up by the brilliant 600ft edition of John Carpenters Assault on Precinct 13.This is a very good cut down but ive seen a few copies and because its pan and scan from a widescreen movie the image quality is good but never excellent,colour has held up very well considering the age of this print but i note the early signs of fade creeping in although this movie, even in the cinema, never had much in the way of colour as it is a "moody" film however, as you can see its still in very good shape. As always John Carpenter did his own music and the electronic soundtrack is perfectly matched.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 01, 2013 04:36 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, love that Assault on Precinct 13 ... Lovely ... Carpenter had a lot of goodies. Anyone know which was released on Super 8?

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2013 04:59 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dark Star. Feature & cutdown from Iver Films also 400ft from Derann
The Fog Feature & 600ft Trailer from Derann (Scope)
Elvis 400ft Derann
Halloween Feature Derann
Assault on Precinct 13. 600ft PM Films
The Thing Trailer LA Films 400ft
Starman Trailer I think.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 01, 2013 05:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yep, and we are fortunate to have the Dark Star feature which is in great shape with excellent print and sound,colour is also fine, We also have the Fog feature in scope, also with excellent quality throughout, obviously Assault on precinct 13,and the 400ft this is Elvis,although this reel is now suffering some colour fade, i am getting quite annoyed at so many titles now suffering fade,its prctically becoming the norm onmany lists
but Halloween is the one feature i would love to get hold of,three times in the past it has escaped me on lists [Frown]
The hunt is still on. [Wink]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2013 03:48 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Halloween nights showing was

Trailers to A & C meet the Mummy
The Haunting
Gremlins
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
Silence of the Lambs

400ft Duel

600ft The Fog stereo/scope
600ft End of days stereo/scope

A good nights viewing,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2013 05:33 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had everything prepared for a Super 8mm evening on Halloween - then came down with a bloody sickness bug - so everything went to lcd projection - Sorry fellas - so the programme went something like this :
Abbott and Costello in "The time of their lives"

The House of Frankenstein

The Brides of Dracula

Johnny Depp in Sleepy Hollow

David

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2013 11:17 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keeping in the SCI_FI mood I saw a Rod Taylor classic super 8 color sound 3X 400 TIME MACHINE The miovie is still in great shape after 30 years coming from RED FOX films its a real rare print hard to find..  -
 -  -
 -
 - TIIME MACHIME

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 02, 2013 04:52 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw through a few I got a few weeks ago
Greatest Fights of the Century, 200' silent, B&W
 -

-

Monsters from Under the Sea, 200' silent, B&W
 -

-

And then I got the urge for more Jules Verne
Mysterious Island, 400' and very red, but not in all scenes
 -

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 03, 2013 02:50 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i put our 800ft cutdown of the classic Jason & The Argonauts. We have made this edition up with the Talos extract that Derann put out supplied on a 400ft spool, (from memory this was around 300-320 feet) and part 2, 3 and 4 from Columbia. The superb print of the Derann extract outshines the other three by far but never the less it all makes up an excellent 800ft version of the film and runs for 40 minutes.
I'd still like to strangle the editor who did the columbia 200 foots, the content is fine but some of the sound edits were so poorly done. We recently obtained another part four with good colour as ours for years was utter crap in picture colour and sound but mountain films never seemed to want to do anything about it. Now, at last, we have a good all rounder and as Deranns extract,(i believe this one was shown as the BFCC), sets up the rest of the movie with its full title sequence and A1 quality. Those of you who have the rare feature, take good care of it.Your very lucky.
If my memory serves me right at the time of releasing the Talos extract Derann did say they were hoping to release one or more further extracts, what a pity this never came about, unforunatly like Close Encounters, Derann did jump a little bit too quick with the feature of Jason and like Close Encounters they were pulled by Columbia, (the 600ft cut down of the Thunderbirds movie in one of there later catalouges never made it off the ground.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom-I have the feature of Jason. I'm curious if there is a jump when Talos first comes around the bend in your print. Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhF6N-pzIUs

When I got mine a few years ago there were a few that came up for sale. Now I have seen one in quite some time. Everyone is holding onto them. One great thing about those prints is they are on estar stock and will never get vinegar syndrome.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 03, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi larry, no there is no jump on our print, its all smooth on this sequense.very odd

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  150  151  152  153  154  155  156  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC