8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 154)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 03, 2013 05:17 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have the Jason feature. What a great film. I completely agree about the 4x200 cutdown. Excellent editing of the story, awful abrupt sound edits.

I watched three films I picked up at the BFCC:

CHC's Classic Nostalgia 2, which includes a great trailer to the 1966 Batman feature.
 -

-

Hollywood Picnic, also from CHC.
 -

-

Space Cruiser, the first of Derann's two cutdowns from the Japanese anime Space Cruiser Yamato.
 -

-

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2013 03:38 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, on Saturday I watched the first half of Batman (1966).
I have two 16mm prints of the whole feature, one original english and the other one german dubbed, both beautiful LPP prints.
I had ordered the trailer on 16mm and I am waiting since many months for my print. The lab had struck it last week or the week before, but the sound was bad and they will struck a new one, so I hope I get my print in the next weeks.

Yesterday I watched the first half of Independence Day (S8 Derann feature). I will post Screenshots later.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 04, 2013 04:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Returned from a youth event and just slightly exhausted but it was nice to end the weekend projecting several cartoons which included..
The Skeleton Dance, Cuckoo Clock, Motor mania, A Song a Day, Night Before Christmas all super 8.
What was really interesting was the reaction to the 1928 cartoon Skeleton Dance which the children thought absolutely hilarious and they wanted to see it again. This got the same reaction as Popeye’s Dizzy Divers which I showed last time but on 9-5 sound film. A favourite of my own is A Song a Day with Betty and Grampy helping cure some poorly pets, nice weekend that.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 04, 2013 02:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got out one of the best ever edited 2 x600ft films on 8mm,
The Wild Geese, this is one of the films we purchased years and years ago in a corner shop in Plymouth which was closing down and the shelves were full of ex hire films for next to nothing,
Being ex hire prints we expected some scratching here and there but this title along with where eagle dare were both £15 each.
So far the colour has held up quite well, there are so many big names in this movies but im sure you know the plot, here is a little bit of info ive borrowed that may or may not interest some of you,

The Wild Geese is a British 1978 adventure film directed by Andrew V. McLaglen about a group of mercenaries in Africa. It stars Richard Burton, Roger Moore, Richard Harris and Hardy Krüger. The film was the result of a long-held ambition of its producer Euan Lloyd to make an all-star adventure film similar to The Guns of Navarone or Where Eagles Dare.
The film was based on an unpublished novel titled The Thin White Line by Daniel Carney. The film was named The Wild Geese after a 17th-century Irish mercenary army (see Flight of the Wild Geese). Carney's novel was subsequently published by Corgi Books under the same title as the film.
The novel was based upon rumours and speculation following the 1968 landing of a mysterious aeroplane in Rhodesia, which was said to have been loaded with mercenaries and "an African President" believed to have been a dying Moise Tshombe.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2013 03:23 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Wild Geese one of my favourites. I think I bought this as soon as Derann released it. A few years ago I bought a 16mm print really beautiful colour and sound, BUT French dubbed.

The trailers was very good too and quite a long one.

Whoever edited it did a fantastic job.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2013 02:15 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, I remember the Trailer of Wild Gees was the first Trailer from UFA. And the box looked so nice.
For your info, it was also released as full feature in germany.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 07, 2013 03:34 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a 16mm, I saw three Super 8 films too.
Paradise Alley, 2x400'
 -

Little Miss Marker, 2x400'
 -

The Live Ghost, 400'
 -

Forgot to check the focus, so it's a bit blurry

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 07, 2013 07:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Keeping in the SCI_FI mood I saw a Rod Taylor classic super 8 color sound 3X 400 TIME MACHINE The miovie is still in great
With all due respect to your enthusiasm for "TIME MACHINE" but I found you have posted again and again the same film in this thread.

Please open this link:

What Films did you show last night?

(beware this will open the whole posts of this thread in one page. It will take time)

CTRL+ F for "Time Machine", we will see that you have posted this 5 times:

Posted by Laksmi Breathwaite (Member # 2320) on November 30, 2010, 11:47 PM:
Posted by Laksmi Breathwaite (Member # 2320) on January 01, 2013, 11:31 PM:
Posted by Laksmi Breathwaite (Member # 2320) on May 07, 2013, 11:31 AM:
Posted by Laksmi Breathwaite (Member # 2320) on September 20, 2013, 01:28 PM:
Posted by Laksmi Breathwaite (Member # 2320) on November 02, 2013, 11:17 AM:

I don't mind you screened this title as many as you want, but the problem is you posted the same screen shot on the above 5 posts i.e:

-

What is the point for us to see the same angle of your screen shots 5 times?

More over if you want to show it again and again, just copy the previous image code rather than making a new image code.

For the above 5 posts you have 4 image codes, i.e:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=TIMEMA CHINESuper8Pics1.jpg
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=TIMEMA CHINESuper8Pics5.jpg
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=TIMEMA CHINESuper8Pics6.jpg
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=TIMEMA CHINESuper8Pics7.jpg

This means you gave more burden to this server (hence more money spent by Brad Miller the owner of this forum) for the same matter.

(ps: the same case also I found for your "Logans Run")

I humbly advise you to take another angle of screen shots rather than recycling the same file.

My 2 cents though,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 08, 2013 12:47 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that the server can handle it Winbert. [Smile] (but I see your point as well).

What an amazingly difference in the Derann verses the other "Jason" cutdowns. It just makes you appreciate the utter dedication that Derann had for putting out magnificent prints!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 08, 2013 05:30 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fun for the day was The Dirty Dozen, 1200'

Check this cast, most insane :-)
 -

-

Continued with an old Western that I have fond memories of from my first meeting with Super 8. Ringo, The Lone Cowboy (screen says Rider, cover says Cowboy) on 1200'
 -

-

And finished with Popeye Meets Ali Babas 40 Thieves, 400'
 -

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2013 07:43 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like all the Agatha Christie film adaptations that were produced by John Brabourne and Richard Goodwin. "Murder on the Orient Express", "Death on the Nile", "The Mirror Crack'd" and "Evil Under the Sun". I would love to have all of them on either super 8 or 16mm. Especially the S8 Marketing release of "Death on the Nile".

The only Agatha Christie I own is a 16mm print of "Evil Under the Sun" from 1982. A fun film with great supporting performances by Diana Rigg, Maggie Smith, Sylvia Miles and Roddy McDowall.

Albert Finney was good in "Orient Express" but my favorite Hercule Poirot is Peter Ustinov. He was perfect.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 09, 2013 04:12 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a craving for some Galactica and saw the Battlestar Galactica 2x400' digest
 -

-

-

-

Then the Mission Galactica: Cylon Attack 2x400' digest
 -

-

-

-

Love the Galactica series to bits

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 10, 2013 06:57 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

I guess your Dirty Dozen 1200' is originally from 3 x 400' released by MGM.

But why there are English subtitles there? mine does not have them?

But the color of your print is pretty good!

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 10, 2013 07:59 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The subtitles are when they all speak german ... Not throughout apart from two places

Yes, it's okay, turning red a little, but quite enough color to keep me happy (no filters yet)

Also, yes, it's the 3x400' on a 1200', same with Ringo. Sorry, sometimes I forget

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 10, 2013 12:30 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

I also bought CHC's Hollywood Picnic at Ealing.
Nice print isn't it, though yours looks sharper than mine. Is that projected on a GS? Xenon?

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 10, 2013 03:06 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a showing with one 16mm and some Super 8's, so I post it all here.
Ghostbusters, 16mm scope
 -

-

Followed this with Herbie The Love Bug, 200'
 -

Then a Charlton Heston, 400' Two Minute Warning
 -

So it was time for a Disney 200' Three Little Pigs
 -

Silent, 200' Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
 -

And on the trail of Frankenstein, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, 200' with sound
 -

Love that ending with Vincent Price's voice :-)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 11, 2013 06:49 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures Vidar!

Watched the most amazing western I have ever seen which was filmed in Trucolor. It stars Marie Windsor, Forest Tucker, Bill Elliott all under the Republic banner from 1949. The story covered just about every angle and reached an emotional climax I have to say.
 -

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2013 12:56 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, Great films again. "The Dirty Dozen" good screen shots another of my favourites, with a great cast and loads of action. I have the 400ft original version and the feature too, although it was edited by about 20 minutes.

How good is the edit on the 1200ft version?

"Popeye Meets Ali Baba's" looks good too. My son was watching this on youtube. I don't know what they have done to them, but the colours look totally wrong. I have the other two, Aladdin and Sinbad the Sailor. This is the one I'm missing.

Chris, More nice films I have "Murder on the Orient Express" from Marketing Films and "Death on the Nile" in Osi's favourite format super 8 optical. On the big screen Peter Ustinov is Hercule Poirot, but on TV David Suchet is the one.

I would like "Evil Under the Sun" too, although some were set in the wrong time period.

What great casts these films had.

Back Vidar, Herbie The Love Bug one of the first Disney's I bought, the theme music sticks in my mind everytime I see a photo of this one. From the days when I liked Disney's live action films.

Love the old black & white ones too on real black & white film. You can just NOT see the Invisible Man's cigarette.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 11, 2013 01:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Mad Movie Makers (800 feet/240 meters, super 8). En cas de malheur with Brigitte Bardot and Jean Gabin (800 feet, super 8).

--------------------
Dominique

Joel Whybrow
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2013 03:05 PM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VERY jealous Vidar! I'd LOVE a scope print of Ghostbusters on any format! (I actually had it on 35mm years ago and sold it as I couldn't watch it).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 11, 2013 03:07 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a fun film, it is a bit splicey, but overall enjoyable

Good colors and thank you :-)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 13, 2013 12:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those who'd like some happy info, "Ghostbusters" was released as a super 8 optical feature, but it is very rare now, (and in flat not scope).

Also, the Ghostbusters scope trailer was released on super 8mm.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 14, 2013 04:29 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
This Republic ‘Hellfire’ film is pretty amazing being filmed in the two strip film process aka Trucolor. I’m pretty hooked on the easy on the eyes look primarily red and green and it’s interesting how they lit the shadow areas of scenes with gentle green to bring out the colour. Good story this and very repeatable not being available on commercial dvd as far as I know so another win for film.
 -

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2013 01:54 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I have a few Godzilla movies, and had a chance to screen one tonight. The opening is usually scope but, then cuts to a flat picture. This is a retitled limited theatrical release of the original Godzilla vs. Gigan. The feature gets right into the plot so, the second reel has most of the action. The first reel has the cliffhanger and sets up the characters, it's a nice print and it still has good color...

-
 -

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gad, but I just love those rubber suited epics!! [Big Grin]

Doug M could give you the info on it, but I believe that a 200ft B/W Godzilla film release was actually in scope super 8. Apparantly, the distributors didn't bother with finding a flat print, so it was released as scope. I've forgotten what the title was.

Doug?

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC