8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 155)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 16, 2013 02:47 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Those three Ken Films (silent, B&W) scope releases were the two Ghidrah extracts and Godzilla vs. The Thing.

Gerald,

Thanks for clearing that up. I had forgotten that Monster Island was actually Godzilla vs. Gigan with the insect aliens!

Michael,

It is a fairly sharp print. Yes, that's a GS Xenon I was using.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 04:35 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a marathon today after my film club meeting yesterday, which brought me new titles
Dracula '79 and Goodbye, Emanuelle both 400'
 -

Getting Straight 400' and Un treno per Durango 3x400'
 -

North Sea Hijack (ffolkes) and The Hindenburg, both 2x400'
 -

That Man Bolt and Take the Money and Run, both 400'
 -

The Lone Ranger on 3x400'
 -

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 05:30 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, the first two screen shots from "The Ma Bolt" are faded, but why the rest 4 screen shots following are good color? can you explain

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 06:02 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, sorry, I can't ... Same with North Sea Hijack really. Some places it's all good, but other places are red. And there's no splices or anything. I was thinking exactly the same

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 17, 2013 06:45 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw an english series called Strange Report and the episode is Shrapnel. On 3x400'
 -

Django The Last Killer, 3x400' widescreen
 -

And finally Zorro and the Three Musketeers, 2x400' widescreen
 -

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 05:52 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, Glad your "Strange Report" episode Shrapnel is in English. I bought a copy of this from Quality Products an old company in the UK. The print was quite good, but and a big BUT the sound was Italian. No problem sending it back.

I think they were released bt Techno Films an Italian company, Derann bought most of the stock when they closed in Italy.

They did quite a few of ITC titles "UFO" "The Protectors" just a couple that spring to mind. Of couse they also did a lot of the Warner Merrie Melodies.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 18, 2013 06:36 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recovering from a busy day I ended it with a new purchase..
Lew White playing the Kimball Roxy Theatre organ which at the time was the largest theatre organ ever built a nice way to send the day..

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 20, 2013 04:26 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit of a Super 8 extravaganza!
You can’t stop the music promo Scope

Nostalgia double bill programme:
Melodies of Love with Lew White at his organ
The Ghost of St Michaels feature
Dead of Night feature

Ending with The Queen. [Cool]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 20, 2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got my 1941 ... 2x400'
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

Fun little digest

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 20, 2013 08:40 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar,

When I was asking about "Dirty Dozen", I did not realize that you bought that once from me through my friend in Auckland (NZ).

Were those your screen shots coming from the same print?

If so, then it is truly all films from the collector NZ I bought are in very good condition?

And I am no selling the rest:

[CHEAP] Full feature films in New Zealand only

for cheap.

BTW, what reel is used to spice them onto 1200'?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 21, 2013 03:12 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was the night for the brilliant full scope/feature Terminator 2.
What a movie, and what a great scope film, i was too into the movie tonight to take screen shots, this is by far one of our best super 8 features,
The quality is superb as is the sound. i bought this one some years ago at a great price, it was advertised as B condition but aside two lab splices,(both very smooth) and the odd light line here and there,there is just one weird fault with this print which upon inspection is not my actual film, its within the print & i may have mentioned it before, theres about a 20-25ft section near the end,(oddly enough where this lab fault starts is where the second lab splice is), where the focus goes in and out, as much as its slightly annoying because up until this point everything is A1 but due to how hard it was to find this feature it wasnt anywhere near bad enough to send it back & am i glad i kept it [Wink]
Those of you who have this one will understand what imean,& for those of you who dont, its definatly a must for any scope collection. One of the very best.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 21, 2013 03:18 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I haven't checked the reel it's on ... Just used it as it was. I am not too concerned with types of reels (should I be?) as long as they are not damaged and could tear the film.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 21, 2013 07:18 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, those later plastic reel (made by Taylor reel) is the worst ever. I think those 1200' blue reels are made by this company.

The NZ collector who sold the films to me never told what reel was used for 1200' but told me that Elmo 800' reel were used for features spooled on 2 x 800'.

I just wondered if you get that Dirty Dozen on Elmo 1200' reel because the reel itself is now worth around $30, while you won the film for less than that [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2013 10:50 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watched two TITANIC digests on super 8.

"A Night To Remember" with Kenneth More.

-

-

-

"Titanic" with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyck.

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2013 02:38 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert
quote:
Vidar, those later plastic reel (made by Taylor reel) is the worst ever. I think those 1200' blue reels are made by this company.
I think they were made by the 'Plastic Reel Corporation of America' I have one which has a larger diameter than the ELMO 1200ft and its not too good for take-up, but OK for feed spool.

The ones I have from 'Taylor Reel' are steel 2400ft these are well made.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 24, 2013 05:31 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had another of my showings today with two friends ...
We saw 1941, 2x400'
 -

Flaming Guns, 200' B&W sound (from Red Sundown I believe)
 -

High Plains Drifter 200' B&W sound (I do have the 2x400' in good shape, just hadn't seen this)
 -

Pink Panther in Pink Tail Fly, 200' sound
 -

The Hurricane Express, 600'
 -

The Three Musketeers, 400'
 -

The Virginian, 200' B&W sound
 -

and finally Twins of Evil, 200'
 -

Simply love this digest ... One of my favourites. Sorry Laksmi, not easy when I see many on one day. Hope you can live with this from time to time.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 25, 2013 01:03 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to the fantastic man, Hugh Thompson Scott, now have the full Highlander feature ... Love this film to bits
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 26, 2013 04:48 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw three films today ... Started off with The Towering Inferno, 3x400' ... Sadly reel 2 is much lower in quality than 1 and 3
 -

Then I saw Viva Las Vegas, 3x400' ... A bit too much dancing for me, but the print is very good
 -

-

Then I watched a cartoon ... The Fox and the Hound, both 200' on a 400'
 -

-

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2013 11:26 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar, your Pink Tail Fly has a lot nicer color then mine. Is it a Walton print?

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2013 12:56 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

I didn't know there was a 3x400 of "Viva Las Vegas". Your copy looks great. There are only two Elvis movies I really like. "Viva Las Vegas" and "Roustabout". I don't have either on film, though. Just DVD.

Your 3x400 "Towering Inferno" looks really good, too. My copy, like yours, has two good reels (1 and 2) and one that's fading (reel 3). I watched it again last week.

-

-

-

You can watch it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atjNyZs72Nk

I also have the 400' "Building a Blockbuster" featurette. Neat behind-the-scenes stuff.

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 27, 2013 01:04 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Yes, the Viva Las Vegas is looking good, one of my better prints. And the Pink Tail Fly is a Walton. It do have two sound drop outs, sadly, but can live with it.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 27, 2013 12:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar ...

Nice find that Highlander, but I noticed that the earlier shots are VERY bluish. Is just one reel of it like that or is it rather bluish through-out?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 27, 2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well just about to set off for our first of many Christmas shows and will be screening the FULL version oft Scrooge 1935 so will try and grab a few snaps to update the listing.

It's CHRISTMAS i think....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 27, 2013 12:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the 1951 version starring Alistar Sims? Great movie, I have it to AND it is a very nice print, complete with the British ratings board certificate at the beginning.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 27, 2013 02:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,the Highlander isn't that bad on screen. Don't know why the Nikon D3200 does what it does. Sometimes it looks like it "enhances" colors. But it is from two different prints. The ending IS quite blue, but it's due to the backlight in the movie itself. The pictures with Sean Connery is from the print I bought from Hugh, but it do look okay on screen

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC