8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 157)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 15, 2013 01:08 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday young fella!

Had an enjoyable super 8 day out filming with Santa today.
 -

Another good Christmas programme last night including
Santas Pocket Watch. Often overlooked this but a really nice 400ft cartoon ideal for young children
 -

Night before Christmas Colourful Derann print which is a classic
 -

Good old Popeye in Mister and Mistletoe
 -

12 Days of Christmas
 -

Plus many more...

|  IP: Logged

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2013 12:51 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Many Happy and Healthy returns.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Brian. My wifes birthday is on the same day [Smile]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 18, 2013 03:14 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah another Christmas film presentation including..

A TV episode from 1955 and certainly the best of the series 'Sherlock Holmes and the Christmas Pudding'
 -

Also 'Mickeys Christmas Carol'
The 1983 gem gets plenty of screenings here and pretty amazing this animated film nearly paid for itself over one weekends screenings back then.
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 19, 2013 04:46 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been sick with the flu for some days now, but finally got my butt up and put on a couple of Super 8 films.

Got a nice color Walton print on 4x400' called Percy's Progress ... Not the best film, but a few faces known to most
 -

-

-

-

The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold, 3x400'
 -

-

-

-

This is very stripey, but colors are fine. Also dutch subtitles

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2013 08:02 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watched three Gene Wilder digests.

SILVER STREAK

-

-

THE ADVENTURE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES' SMARTER BROTHER

-

-

-

BLAZING SADDLES

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 23, 2013 04:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, I watched Jeux interdits, a French classical sad film from 1952 with two children during WWII. Two days ago, I watched Gulliver's Travel, the well known cartoon.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 24, 2013 03:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film screenings are in full flow!
Where Jesus Walked 1978 Always popular at Church screenings.
 -

The Robe 1953 A nice print and always amazed how well the colour has held up all these years. A good 400tr
 -

-

The Small One 1978 Popular Derann print full length to end.
 -

-

-

The End

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 24, 2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see that "Small One" print! I have it as well. Though officially a Disney release, this was directed by Don Bluth (of An American Tale, land before Time fame, ect), and you can clearly see Bluth's style of animation throughout.

It's actually quite an inter-mingling of the two styles. Some characters are definitely Disney-esque", while others bear the "Bluth stamp"

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 24, 2013 03:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We show "The Small One" every year sometime between Thanksgiving amd New Year's. Such a great film, and such a great print too!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 25, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, Tom and Jerry, Night Before Christmas and today, Fantasia 2000.

--------------------
Dominique

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2013 05:14 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just screened my new Derann print l purchased of Star Wars, perfect print and terrific stereo sound.
A good film to finish Boxing Day with l thought.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 27, 2013 05:33 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty amazing number of Super 8 screenings over Christmas and we fitted in every super 8 Christmas film in the archive as well. Some of the highlights were Christmas around the world, Cinderella Steve 9-5 sound,Christmas Visitor, Christmas comes but once a year, The Snowman, Der Schneemann(Magic Snowman 1944), Christmas under fire and Small One.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 27, 2013 06:08 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas Lee,

Where did you find "Der Schneeman" (Hans Fischerkoesen?). I'd love to have a print of that.

We watched "The Small One" Christmas Eve.

We have a Christmas Week tradition of watching "When the North Wind Blows" (full feature). We will do that tonight. My wife bought me a small audio mixer so (among other things) I can connect two projectors into my sound system. Today I'm going to connect in the second projector and hopefully we'll run "North Wind" with it tonight.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2013 12:55 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spent the Christmas holiday out in the desert at Joshua Tree in a fun little trailer park called Hicksville. Now that I am back its time for films again. Tonight I watched a well worn super 8 print of GREASE (4 x 400ft Marketing films) and was wondering if anyone knew what was cut out of the marketing version since it has all of the songs?

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 30, 2013 07:56 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marketing released this film full length, and just about every other version, 1 x 200, 1 x 400, 3 x 400 However,
There is at least one print circling on the lists which is advertised as full feature on 2 x 800ft. I purchased this from a dealer a few ago and was dissapointed as it was nowhere near the full feature, its got nothing to do with the fact the film is polyester and will fit onto two 800's, the full film wont even if it is polyester.
We viewed it and although quality was very good it had a complete 400ft reel missing and i returned it as incomplete which it was. There was never, (as far as i am aware) a 4x400ft version released.
In the end and thanks to an e-mail from a forum friend i purchased the full scope feature (& it had been re-recorded into stereo) from Steve @ the Reel Image. It was even supplied on two full 1200 foot spools.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 30, 2013 10:43 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But what is missing? I can't seem to see anything I miss from the 2x800? What scene is not there, so I can check it?

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 30, 2013 11:04 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing i can remember was the whole sequence in the cafe leading up to (and including) the song beauty school drop out was completley missing, so whichever reel this is on on the full marketing feature is the missing reel. It was a good 20 minuite jump in the film so back it went.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 30, 2013 11:10 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the song Beauty School Dropout on my 2x800' ... The scene in the cafe, is that where Olivia Newton-John is there with that sportsjock and Travolta is making quite a fool of himself trying to hide from his friends? It's all there in my print

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2013 02:09 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the Marketing Films page for 'Grease'
 -

I forget how many reels my Marketing Films was mounted on, It was either four or five but not 100% sure.

It should fit onto 2 x 800ft In fact sure this is how I had mine before I could use large reels.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2013 04:20 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all sat down to watch the classic Hawk the slayer full feature I got from Barry Attwood. One of my most favourite movies of all time . A tip for those who cant stand
It try and find other movies in it haha I kid you not. The good the bad and the ugly which is an obvious one. Then there is the Braveheart scene, the Excalibur scene and Starwars scene. You might think im crazy but they are there [Smile] I hope to be able to post some pics soon of the screening haha ref another thread.

-

-

[ December 31, 2013, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: William Fleming ]

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2013 04:26 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can a Braveheart scene be in it since Braveheart was released in 1995?

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2013 04:30 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont mean copied from I mean scenes similar too sorry musnt have explained it how I meant it.

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2013 05:07 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I have never scene this film and I assumed you might like TVs playing in the background. I always enjoy spotting those.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2013 08:52 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not been watching that much super 8 lately due to a problem with my GS1200. But now it's fixed, so I'm going to see a lot more in the near future.
The first thing I saw was Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines. This was the first wieving of this film since I put it on 1600 Supaspools.

In one of the pictures you can see one of the films famous goofs, can you spot it?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC