8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 06:40 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca, I think that the worst italian super8 print ever released is Jesus Christ Superstar.

Jean-Marc, do you have the dvd version of BMW short films? I looked for it wher I bought The Hostage, but I found nothing here in Italy.

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 06:49 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fabrizio. Well, I forgot it. In this case we have two terrible Italian prints! Piacere di conoscerti.

GL

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 07:19 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi,

Regarding Brave Tin Soldier, does your print have a double image?
The Super 8 that I once owned, had this printed problem.
I did not know if it was a printing flaw, or if it was an issue
with the original two strip tech elements shrinking and misaligning - if that is
possible?

Now I have a 16mm print, but it has turned to red.

How is your print?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 07:40 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizio, I used a wmv file found on the BMW website. I still have the audio in m4a if you need it. It syncs at 24fps.

[ November 06, 2010, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 09:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are correct MIcheal ...

THis is the fault of the two strip cinecolor process, (in which this was originally released in. This one suffered far more from this problem than other Ub Iwerks Cinecolor cartoons. I have an orignal early 40/s printing of this cartoon on double sprocket 16MM, and that print doesn't have that problem, (it was also an original cinecolor print), so I think the negative was taken from a poor cinecolor original.

Still, Blackhawk didn't do too bad of a job correcting it, it does, however, cause the print to not have the usual sharpness of your standard Blackhawk print.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2009 01:33 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jean-Marc, but as I dub using a Goko I need both image and sound

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 01, 2009 01:57 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizio. Found the mp4 vid. But you can probably use the HD version on YouTube. Send me an email and I'll explain... [Wink]

--------------------

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2009 02:58 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
J-M, you have mail

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2009 03:42 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well, not a piece of news, but I have just screened the following LITTLE RASCALS':

- FRAMING YOUTH
- ROAMIN' HOLIDAY
- REUNION IN RHYTHM and...
- SPOOKY HOOKY.

To die for!
 -

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2009 01:12 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc - You really have a 35mm print of Star Crash? I am so jealous..I finally got the Super 8 2 x 400, but it ain't enough.

Tonight's screening was Up Hill Climb (1919) a Franklyn Farnum 2 reel western on Reg 8 and a independently made docu on the Swanley Home Guard from 1941 on 9.5 that showed footage of a plane the guard shot down. Interesting stuff.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 05, 2009 04:44 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino: yes I do have a print. It's a bit scratched but colours are holding really well (Agfa stock). I must say that considering the sheer amount of wacky events occuring in the film, the editors at Piccolo have done a fine job of cutting down the "plot" to 35 minutes (see my topic in the Review section).
I'm trying to collect space films that followed Star Wars (and Alien). Found "Star Crash", "The Black Hole" and "Message from Space" so far. Still tracking "Forbidden World", Galaxy of Terror", "Battle Beyond the Stars", "Titan Find"...

Yesterday's screening (16mm): Muppet Show starring Joan Baez
(Excellent print with great colours).

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2009 05:53 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May Bank Holiday film show included:
--Disney's 'Ugly Duckling'
--Blackhawk's 'Filming the crashes'
--L&H's 'Scram'
--and the highlight was 'The Ladykillers'-full feature.
Every guest was impressed-they said will come back next Bank Holiday for Hitchcock [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2009 10:16 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Due to traveling, I have finally returned and have run a show this evening.

May 5 2009 DVD Projection

Akira Kusoawa's D R E A M S

Positively the most brilliant film I have ever seen.....

Several short stories involving lots of different things. Kind of hard to explain.

NOT TO BE MISSED!!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2009 05:00 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6th May, 2009

Just screened Alberto Sordi's FUMO DI LONDRA (1966) (on super 8).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEc2LDpvzc

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 07, 2009 04:43 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday, May 6, DVD projection:

Enzo G. Castellari's "Quel maledetto treno blindato" (aka "The Inglorious Bastards")

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight with my friends Beauty and the beast what a sharp picture wooooooooow [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 07:27 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8th May 2009, Friday

Super 8 Classic Night:
Laurel and Hardy WAY OUT WEST (Italian Edition).
So so so funny! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqntSLz8PWs

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2009 04:28 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday 10th May, 2009

It was time for my LITTLE RASCALS 'new entries':

FISHY TALES
CANNED FISHING
DIVOT DIGGERS

Oh, boy, what a fun!

-

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12th May 2009, Tuesday

'Premiere' screening (new arrivals):

- THE MINES OF MORIA (excerpt from THE LORD OF THE RINGS). Excellent print;

- THE FIFTH ELEMENT (excerpt from this sci-fi movie). Excellent print, but very poor sound (I'll re-record it);

- CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC (digest from this Village People musical). Excellent print and sound.

Preceded by:
- THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS trailer;
- THE TRUMAN SHOW trailer;
- SATURDAY NIGHT FEVERE trailer;
- THE FOX AND THE HOUND trailer.

I do like to screen trailers: it's very cinematic.

-

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2009 10:04 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THURSDAY MAY 14

DVD PROJECTION

THE SIMPSON'S MOVIE

Very funny film, regardless if you watch the tv show or not..... [Big Grin]

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2009 10:29 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Tis funny indeed.

D'oh!

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2009 07:49 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was the projectionist and my audience consisted of two Basset Hounds so I decided to watch a couple obscure reels from deep in the vault. First, it was a Columbia Pictures 1943 theatrical short from their "Community Sing" series, then a Jam Handy late 1940s reel, "Diana Lives". starring screen beauty Constance Smith. A statue of "Diana" comes to life (Constance) and helps a Youngstown Kitchens exec create a sales campaign for a new dishwasher. All in 16mm.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2009 05:51 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last saturday,i watched Pinocchio from DerAnn great print and perfect colors [Wink]
and in super8! [Cool]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2009 05:07 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week I showed Casablanca on 16mm at a local filmclub where I do monthly shows, and yesterday at home Midnight on 8mm, both with Humphrey Bogart.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2009 05:53 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter,more dutch friens here,i like cartoons and Disney features!
Welcome on the forum [Wink]
Good site by the way!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC