8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 164)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 27, 2014 02:12 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psycho shots are fantastic Dino! I'm down in LA for a few days and missing my projectors. I have a bunch of Super 8mm arriving the day I get back home...and can't wait to screen them [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 01, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mix n match tonight. Took out some that we haven't put through for a few years, first off the man with the golden uke with George Formby,
 -
followed up with The Bugs Bunny mystery special, excellent quality to,
 -
 -

And finally the Iver Films 400 footer of the Klansman, excellent casting with Richard Burton and Lee Marvin, not to mention OJ Simpson before his troubles, and colour and print are very good, just a few minor black lines which will come out with a clean up.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2014 04:09 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a Red Fox print of 'North by Northwest'.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 02, 2014 03:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see you watching George Tom [Big Grin]

Gone With The Wind 8X600ft reels for me.. Still amazing!
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 02, 2014 08:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of days ago, Regular 8, Swiss Miss, Sound on 4x400' Blackhawk

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 02, 2014 12:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, I thought he was a nice mix with the Klansman [Big Grin]
Talk about opposites, well, tonight I put on the brilliantly edited 600 footer of Capricorn one, in glorious scope, & what a great print to,
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ June 02, 2014, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 02, 2014 05:32 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Pathe Newsreel and The Mad Doctor, a perfect Mickey Mouse cartoon for Halloween (although, not for very little children).

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 03, 2014 02:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was the turn of The Neverending Story, the Derann 600 foot release although mine isn't stereo however, picture and sound are all very good, no colour fade on the print but as has already been said they were never vibrant like most of Deranns later releases. Although its a very good cut down my only gripe is why a few extra feet weren't spared to show the horse being lost in the swamp, it would have made it a perfect edit, but its still very good and one of the best edits on super 8,
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 06, 2014 06:55 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few I got lately

Bruce Lee, The Man, The Myth 800' scope
 -

-

The Young Lions, 200' sound
 -

Over the Top, optical sound feature
 -

-

-

-

-

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2014 07:23 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pix VIDAR!!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 06, 2014 02:21 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched the 3 x 400 footer, (joined onto 2 x 600) of Clash of the titans. Again, we are very pleased and surprised, its been a few years since we put this through and being MGM I really thought it was going to be red or at least fading, but no. Apart from a few light marks here and there, (we did only pay around £30 for it), its absolutely fine. The blacks are black as they say.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 08, 2014 06:20 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, two cartoons and a short. Among the cartoons, a Popeye in blanck and white with an English sound although it is a Film Office release with the title in French on the box. When I wanted to put the paper on which I had written today's date for remembering I lubbed the film with Filmguard, I found a double side printed paper with the list of the Popeye cartoons released by Film Office. What is surprising is that the list is on 6 languages, but English, the languge of the film !, is not among them.

--------------------
Dominique

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2014 06:32 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, what stock is that?

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2014 02:11 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aladdin & The Lion King with the new CHC short Bumbble Bee

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 09, 2014 04:51 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We saw Smokey and the Bandit 800', Smokey and the Bandit 2 800', Assault on Precinct 13 600' and The Man in the Iron Mask 400'
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 11, 2014 01:13 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poltergeist, 3x800' ... And thanks to Mr. Walsh for the bonus films, highly appreciated
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 11, 2014 03:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You have another one on my wish list there Vidar! Lovely screen shots btw.... oh well, one day maybe l.o.l

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 11, 2014 07:17 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, it's a great movie. It is slightly off focus, a bit my fault, as I probably turned the focus a bit when picking up the camera. But it also does look slightly blurry, especially on the titles. Great fun watching it again

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2014 08:42 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night i screend goldfinger 4x600ft by derann
and night before was the terminator 4x600ft by derann
unfortunaly i can.t provide screen shots but most of you know these films...

regards:
luis caramelo

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 12, 2014 12:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, I would certainly recommend the scope "Poltergeist", as it is one of those films that certainly uses the scope format to full effect. No doubt pricey but well worth it.

You lucked out on a good print of "Smokey and the Bandit 2". My print had good color as well, and the letterbox was certainly a plus!

Tom, great print of "Titans"! I believe that there were a number of prints that made it onto some form of low fade stock, don't know which kind though, possibly Fuji or Agfa?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 06:23 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lst night a couples of cartoons:pink panther,and the full leght

the heroes of telemark,a great print from dcr,starring:kirk Douglas and Richard harris.

regards:
luis caramelo

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 13, 2014 06:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A cartoon Little Roquefort Friday The 13. I watched it the best day possible to match the title.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 13, 2014 06:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A cartoon Little Roquefort Friday The 13. I watched it the best day possible to match the title.

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 12:10 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw an optical feature today, starring Whoopie Goldberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Michael Ontkean and Kathleen Quinlan ... Clara's Heart
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Half decent film, wiht good colors, though some splices and lines

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 05:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A post war documentary in French "Viasages du Luxembourg" (Luxembourgs Faces) about this small European country. Then, in English, Dick Turpin, The Upright Man.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC