8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 168)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 23, 2014 10:57 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're allright, though look a bit less red than the Nikon camera makes them look. I was very lucky with my last purchase, 100+ films pf 200' and 400's with an average of GBP 2.50 is just as you say it, luck :-)

The person who sold me that collection, might have another box I am suppose to buy if he finds it back, so crossing my fingers

|  IP: Logged

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2014 06:17 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, the projector to screen distance is 25ft I use a f1.1 xenovaron. The screen before was a 16:9 125inch which I used for my 3d dlp projector and was getting tired of having to adjust the zoom lens for scope so l made the jump to a scope screen
The new screen is laced on a frame with black masking and has made a big difference in viewing enjoyment

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2014 08:06 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang - it's all very interesting - the technical aspects of our equipment - even though I don't quite understand all of it - being a collector and fan of the genre - since pre-teen hood -I do like to share just exactly WHAT I've screened recently ( as the ORIGINAL post suggests ) so stating that I will continue -
LAST NIGHT WAS :
THIS ISLAND EARTH ( UNIVERSAL 8 400' , SLIGHT PINKING BUT EXCELLENT SOUND )
ALIEN ( KEN FILMS 400' , EXCELLENT SOUND AND PRINT QUALITY )
DRACULA , PRINCE OF DARKNESS ( COMPLETE FEATURE , SLIGHTLY BROWNED BUT STILL A GREAT PRINT )
THE BEATLES FIRST USA CONCERT ( 400' REEL 2 OF 3 , GREAT SOUND AND PICTURE QUALITY AS BEST COULD BE )
STAR WARS ( A 600' COMBINED PRINT , WITH SCENES IN ORDER TO MAKE A GREAT 20 MIN. EXTRACT , COLOR AND SOUND EXCELLENT )
QUO VADIS ( A NEW 200' PRINT , UNOPENED , BUT WAS DARK , I DON'T KNOW WHY )
WITCHFINDER GENERAL ( DERANN FILMS 400' DIGEST , IN 2 PARTS , GREAT COLOR AND SOUND )
Thanks to Steve Osbourne for some of the for-mentioned prints !
Anybody out there got any Vincent Price prints for sale ?
I collect Price super 8MM sound films , as opposed to Price DVD's or Blu-rays .
Please let me know ; I'll certainly give you a fair "Price" for them !
Thanks guys....and gals ,
Dave

--------------------
Dave

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 24, 2014 09:28 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Continuing browsing through the cartoons
 -

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 24, 2014 04:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todays viewing was a re-visit to Caprino. Showed for some friends
 -

Also saw the 16mm feature, A Little Sex ... Tim Matheson, Kate Capshaw, Wallace Shawn. Not the best effort, but I enjoyed it a bit anyways
 -

Chris Gunter
Junior

- posted August 25, 2014 01:30 AM      Profile for Chris Gunter   Email Chris Gunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Train from Gun Hill and Steven Spielberg's Duel

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 11:41 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris - How was the color in DUEL ? I had a 400' digest that was pinky and warming at one time . But I still enjoyed the film !

--------------------
Dave

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 11:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two Duel myself and they're both 95% or better. Very happy with it and it's quite a nice digest this

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 12:40 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar I just love to watch those Disney extracts. What a thrill it was when there was no video, and you could buy those films. Then show them on your 6ft screen. I still enjoy watching them.

A great one was The Love Bug. And thanks to Derann's Derek I own some of them as full features.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 12:53 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot fathom why two Disney packaged movies as Match of The Century and The Beautiful Briny have mixed up endings where at the end of the second one, the character of King Leonidas turns into a rabbit on the wrong reel of film.

The good thing about the silent and sound Mary Poppins is that the silent has footage that the sound doesn't.

But I don't understand when Mary Poppins sings into the mirror on the silent edition is not included on the sound version where it would be more appropriate?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2014 02:27 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Disney's were released at separate times and were done as self contained extracts. Remember at that time video was rare.

I would think that most people who bought these films moved to video very quickly. A friend who had a basic projector just used to show his films to family and friends, he never bought a splicer just showed the films as they came.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 29, 2014 10:41 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a couple of special interest films ... Two Ford promos on 16mm and a White Olympics on Super 8, 400' with sound

Ford Truck (Project Delta I think it was called)
 -

Ford Fiesta
 -

And the White Olympics
 -

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 03, 2014 02:07 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got some rather crummy cheapos ... If anyone know the title of the Tarzan, please let me know
 -

Also saw Nightmare in Wax, 4x400' Mountain Film
 -

Finally Paradise Alley, 2x400' with nice colors (thanks Mr. Scott)
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 03, 2014 03:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh's "paradise" film looks spot on Vidar, well done! Cumbria's climate serves film preservation really well it would seem!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 03, 2014 03:28 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. It's fair to say, Hugh is a safe person to deal with :-) I now look forward to The Hindenburg, The Incredible Shrinking Woman, The Electric Horseman and The Jerk, which I also bought from him

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 03, 2014 03:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Some great buys there Vidar! Your copy of "The Jerk" is probably one of only a few left with no colour fade reportedly. I would have liked this again myself, having had a new copy once, but you beat me to it....Lucky Bugger! Ha ha [Wink]

Ps: It's a real fun watch and well edited for a 2x400 mini-feature.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2014 03:02 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BEN HUR full feature, also VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED on 16mm

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 04, 2014 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Jinkies!"

That was fun seeing the Scooby Doo in there!

Great shots as always, Vidar!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 04:18 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,the title is TARZAN'S FIGHT FOR LIFE.I recently acquired a complete 8 mm copy of this one from Spain.Reddish and in spanish but one of the fine Gordon Scott adventures.(One of the rare instances I broke my rule of not buying dubbed films)!

[ September 06, 2014, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Panayotis A. Carayannis ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 05, 2014 05:51 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super, thank you :-) Always nice to have original titles

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 05, 2014 12:30 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know that western up there too? It's called on the box "Mordet på Gullgraeverne" in swedish and meaning Murder on the Golddiggers, which I assume isn't the correct title

It also has a number 1631 on it and on the side it says Pellicule Ininflammable and it's in a Film Office box

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 02:18 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black and white horror show tonight

Horror trailers ,son of frankenstein,abbot and costello meet frankenstein,ghost of frankenstein
Deadly mantis -200ft cutdown from castle
The mummys ghost 400ft cutdown universal 8
psycho -400ft cutdown universal 8

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 03:33 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The western is "Le Meurtre du Chercher d'Or",which most probably is an episode from the "Stories of the Century" tv series of the mid-fifties,and most probably the episode "Wild Bunch of Wyoming".Do you recognise any of the actors in it? It stars Jim Davis and featured are Joe Sawyer and Slim Pickens. Film Office had a long list of one and two reel cutdowns,mainly from three tv series: the aforementioned,"The Adventures of Kit Carson" and "Hopalong Cassidy".

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 03:34 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 06, 2014, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Panayotis A. Carayannis ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 05, 2014 03:37 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, really awesome that you guys can find info when there's so little to work with. I will rewatch and see if I can see Slim Pickens, which is probably the only one I'd recognize

Will also try to take some face pictures

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC