8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 170)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  167  168  169  170  171  172  173  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2014 04:23 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reel 2 of "That's Entertainment" Ken Films 8x400ft version in beautiful case. Looked a bit sepia but I think it always was (Eastman stock). Plus a Disney trailer reel I had forgotten about "Dragonslayer", flat and two for "Night Crossing". I can't tell the stock for those as the print is dark over the sprocket holes!

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 07:46 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night Goldfinger Derann 4x600ft. The worst behaved print I have the stock (I can only see AG and a number, so I'll assume it's Agfa polyester) doesn't seem to want to get taken up after threading or for rewind, Grasso spools that don't have a slot. As for the print quality the Films for the Collector review got it right about negative damage, there is a lot and colour is a bit blue so no fade to pink on this one but it is more grainy than others from this time. I would have given it an A/B rather than an A. Sound is very good worthy of the A/A* rating. I bought this at an open day and don't regret it. I'm just shocked to see it was released in 1988 - it doesn't seem that long ago.

Derek didn't like Ken Wilton's review, despite printing it in the Derann magazine, but as I said to Ken later "Who can really be unhappy about a review that ends with give up your holiday this year to buy this film".

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 08:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a showing last night with our little club. Started with a couple of 16mm (posted in that topic) and then went on with Super 8. 400' silent Our Gang in Hook and Ladder
 -

Tom & Jerry: The Million Dollar Cat, 200'
 -

Woody Woodpecker in Knock, Knock also 200'
 -

Donald Duck in Soups On, 200'
 -

and we rounded off with Harold Lloyd in Safety Last on a 1200' silent (Is this a cut down or is it complete?)
 -

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 09:43 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All Time/Life editions of the Harold Lloyd features are shortened.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 02:27 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, do you know how much?

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 02, 2014 07:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Normal Super 8 projection will shortly resume here [Smile]

[ October 08, 2014, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 03, 2014 01:23 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was another beautiful warm night for a screening on my patio. Watched one of my favorites... The Goodbye Girl.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 02:08 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a super film, Janice and it looks quite fine a print too.

Dreyfuss is amazing

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2014 10:17 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I love stuff from the 70's. The theme song by David Gates is wonderful!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 07, 2014 01:43 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reviews say this is not one of the Marx Bros. funniest films... but it had me laughing. A Night in Casablanca (1947) Std. 8mm Sound, 4-400ft reels.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 07, 2014 03:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly last night, but a few nights ago ...
The Aristocats, 200' and then I wonder, is it only one extract from this? I assume this is the one called Scat Cat or something?
 -

Last three pictures is from after a bulb change, as I thought it was looking quite dark. Does the bulbs fade and not just blow? First time I've seen this

Ivanhoe, 400' bought off eBay, saying good condition ... Not so much
 -

from same seller, At the Earth's Core, 400'
 -

Quo Vadis, 400' and from Van Eck, whom I didn't think had films for sale. Bought this and some cartoons.
 -
 -

Was quite a good digest compared to the 200' I had

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2014 04:10 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of great photos Vidar. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 07, 2014 04:34 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Vidar, this is "The Aristocats Meet Scat Cat". There's a second extract simply called "The Aristocats".

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2014 07:27 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Vidar-

Thanks for the great pictures, as always! [Wink]

I have the 3 x 400 digest of "Quo Vadis", and I highly recommend that one too. The skill of editing for this and the 3 x 400 foot of "Ben Hur" is so well done, I believe the same editor did both movies.

Hope to have a super-8 viewing this week, and I'll try to get some pix.

James.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 07, 2014 08:58 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info on The Aristocats ... Anyone know if this is very rare? I not seen any of these at all in two years I've been collecting.

Thanks for the tip on Quo Vadis 3x400', I'd love to get my hands on that. If anyone knows of a print for sale, please let me know. I have the 3x400' Ben Hur and agreed, it's quite a good edit.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 08, 2014 06:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news we actually projected some super 8 to a youth group and projection has resumed.

Tummy Trouble
Clear Pastures
Motor Mania
Adventures of Parsley
And Soggy To Me which was one of the first colour sound cartoons I purchased in the 70's still with lovely colour.
The youngsters didn't know what to make of Parsley but it tickled me.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 08, 2014 04:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
well done Lee. Is that "I'm a very friendly lion called Parsley" from the 70's you got there? If it is, no wonder they didn't get it Ha ha. I watched 43 years ago and just like magic roundabout, it was wasted on kids!

As for Tummy Trouble lee, I have it but need to re-record it as the sound is awful on mine. I know from past experience however, that it will come up trumps in the end though.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2014 02:14 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight's feature was "The Land that Time Forgot" (1975) Silent/B&W with the music of Goblin playing in the background which actually fit the picture for the most part. One of the songs was the main theme music from "Zombi/Dawn of the Dead" (1978).

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2014 05:06 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday night started with three Ladislas Starewicz shorts.One of the earliest, GRASSHOPPER AND THE ANT (1913),and two of his latest,Film Office editions in color and sound, LE PICNIC DE GAZOUILLY (1955) and LE MESSAGER D'HIVER (or,CAROUSEL BORREAL,1957),all three in standard 8. Main feature,Herbert Selpin's TITANIC (UFA,1943).A rare german print (super 8, 5X400).Quality varies,at least in this copy.First three reels are very good,fourth is milkier and the fifth has low sound.Nevertheless it is an excellent film with a big budget good direction .and nice assembling of actors. I rate it second only to A NIGHT TO REMEMBER and am glad I found it!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2014 09:15 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just three silent railroad films.

-two in color and one black and white, action in the Western US, Eastern US and in South Africa.

So what?

I enjoyed them a lot.

It's so easy to get so involved with the sound ones that I never watch the silents. Maybe I should remember this when I feel like I have nothing to watch I haven't seen recently.

The amp and the speakers will be ready when I need them again.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 13, 2014 07:50 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew. Those Roger Rabbit cartoons are very popular not least Tummy Trouble. One of the adult leaders missed it in my show and asked to see it again.

I expect we are all sifting our films getting the Halloween programmes together... Might be nice to have a separate thread to keep all those notes and stills together perhaps. [Cool]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 13, 2014 04:11 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I habe been unlucky with all my standard 8 sound projectors, so I was happy to get one back from the repair man. I watched (in standard 8 of course) : The History Of The Cinema (a British cartoon), a musical 60 meters (200 feet) reel with three titles : Caro come te (in Italian), a dance and a British song, then (also on a 60 meters/200 feet reel) Quarter To Nine (Al Johnson).

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 18, 2014 07:09 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw my "new" 4x400', mounted on 1x400 and 1x1200' abridged The Outlaw yesterday. She's not too bad looking, is she?
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2014 09:08 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,
As usual, nice pics and lots of them! If I ever make it to Norway, I'm coming over to your house for an all afternoon matinee!
-Tim

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 18, 2014 09:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are welcome for a film evening. Thank you and hope it is okay with 8 pictures

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  167  168  169  170  171  172  173  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC