8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 177)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 09:04 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the last few nights, i've watched some 200ft shorts including Walton's "Crazy Flying". I also ran the complete 600ft Spam episode from "Monty Python's Flying Circus", released in b/w by Canterbury Films.

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 19, 2015 04:59 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good call Jonathan, I almost bought this python 600 footer from Perry's once, then before I sent off the payment I changed my mind and cancelled it, What a mistake [Mad] [Frown]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2015 05:55 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I expect another will turn up before long, Tom. I got this one on Ebay. Not particularly cheap but i'd been searching for it for ages. All I need now to complete my Python super8 collection is Holy Grail part 2.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2015 06:47 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough Jonathan I have the B&W Spam episode and I am also looking for part 2 of The Holy Grail....that must be a hard one to find....is it even out there?

Bill [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 19, 2015 07:56 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] we are all half way there, I am looking for the spam episode but do have both parts of Holy Grail [Wink]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2015 09:43 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom that is good to know that it is out there...my copy of part one has great color and a nice original case. i hope you find the spam episode. Do you know why it was printed in b&w (spam episode)

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 19, 2015 10:00 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could only assume at the time it was down to rights etc, a pity as that was a classic episode. The print looks good to.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2015 03:25 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill. Grail part 2 does crop up on Ebay. I bid on one last month but I lost at the last minute, mainly due to the time difference between UK and Australia.
No idea why Flying Circus is b/w. I'm not sure it's a legitimate release, either.It's never mentioned in any book about Python.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 20, 2015 01:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and for the Python fanatics (like myself), you can torture yourself looking forever (like myself) for the super 8 optical sound feature of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"! I once saw this on Perry's Film Lists MANY years ago (so don't start contacting Perry about it, as it was YEARS ago), but being that he sold one, there has to be at least one print out there, and perhaps more!!! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 23, 2015 03:32 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a long time (due to the fact I've been abroad and then too busy), I was happy to Watch Mickey Saves The Airmail and Review Of 1935. All a year on a 60 meter (200 ft) spool may seem crazy nowadays as we're used to long reviews on TV, but it works and it is enjoyable !

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 29, 2015 10:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday night was a scope night in our club ...
We started off with Airport, 400'
 -

Airport '75, 400'
 -

Tom & Jerry: Touchè Pussycat, 200'
 -

Jaws 2, 400'
 -

Tom & Jerry: Southbound Duckling, 200'
 -

and finished off with the feature on 2x1200' Logan's Run
 -

-

-

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good cutdown Airport I too have the Cinevision print. Wonder what it was like pan scan version?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 29, 2015 02:42 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's the same. I have both versions, but can't say 100%, but fairly sure it is the same edit

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 29, 2015 04:48 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
White Zombie (1932).

--------------------
Dominique

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2015 06:55 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar- Great show of scope movies!! Thank you for the great screen shots too. Very nice prints, especially the cartoons.

Thanks for posting.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 02, 2015 12:09 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, the Touche Pussycat is a bit more fuzzy than Southbound Duckling, which is a very nice print

Yesterday I saw my 15 GBP cutdown on 5x400' of Duel in the Sun. Was this released as a full feature too, or only a 81 minute cutdown?
 -

-

-

-

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2015 06:00 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an odd one, I had the standard 8 50ft silent version of an Arrow cartoon 'Jack and the Beanstalk'silent B&W. I was surprised when I found a 100ft sound version of the same film, it was still factory sealed and untouched, it must have been from 1968,you could smell the oldness of the film and box, just like the smell at the old church hall jumble sales back in the day. It's not the best animation,but it brought back such happy childhood memories.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 08:21 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend and I saw the Marketing Feature of Death on the Nile yesterday. Good movie with a stunning cast. 8x400' even if the last reel is only half (13 minutes) for a total of 140 minutes.

Very nice print actually and my friend said it almost as good as a 16mm print. The first Marketing logo is taken before I got the focus adjusted, it's crisp and clean on screen :-)

-

-

-

-

-

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2015 11:26 AM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding the "Spam" episode of "Monty Python," I too have the black and white reel. Mine has the Armed Forces Radio and Television Services logo on it which leads me to believe the original video was converted to film for projection on bases, ships, etc. This may be a reduction from 16mm, which would account for the fuzzy picture quality.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That "Death on the Nile" print looks great!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 06:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Once again Vidar, you seem to have found the best of the best in terms of the Marketing Prints! Brilliant screenshots.

I shall be in touch tomorrow regarding the postal options for "The Devil Rides Out" [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 09:43 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duel of the sun must be on Fuji. It will fade eventually to be purplish.

The Death of Nile seems to be mixed between Kodak SP and AGFA

--------------------
Winbert

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2015 01:10 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DUEL IN THE SUN was an ABC release so, in 5x400 and only 81 minutes. Unless some italian complete version was issued,this is the only one.

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2015 10:34 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have not been to well the past week so I ran a couple of my new titles today and relaxed in the recliner.

Deranns Pocahontas & Hunchback of Notre Dame, both perfect prints without a single mark on them and excellent stereo tracks.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 10, 2015 05:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Two I don't have there Jason. Please can you post us all some screen shots sometime in the future when you had Chance to watch them both a couple of times?

It's great when you receive flawless versions of these prints. They really are just superb when in "as new" condition.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC