8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 186)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2015 11:07 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched "The Lavender Hill Mob " 400ft cut-down by Derann, I bought this from Phil at Blackpool. No colour trouble as printed on genuine B&W stock very little damage. The editing is very good but the only problem is it ends early in the plot making it seem as if they have got away with it.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 08, 2015 01:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was one of the very last super 8 optical sound prints. Depending on the film rating book, it states either 87 or 88 for the year the film came out, and that's the end run for super 8 optical. At least, state-side. I have heard it rumored that japan still had optical sound super 8 all the way up to 1990, (as I have heard that there were optical prints of "The hunt for Red October", though I have not seen of print.)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 09, 2015 06:49 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the old DCR releases projected on my 4 decades old Eumig, still going strong.

Funny film!

-

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 09, 2015 01:03 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing like watching Christmas movies to get into the Holiday spirit. A good dose of Scrooge was my catalyst. Got the house lights up and the tree trimmed and watched Reginald Owens in A Christmas Carol (1938). This is my second favorite version...my first being the 1951 film with Alastair Sim.

-

[ December 10, 2015, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 09, 2015 05:28 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful screenshots there Janice and artwork by yourself might I add. Alastair will soon be making an appearance on my silver screen also during this festive time.

An absolute classic along with "A Wonderful life" at this time of year. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 10, 2015 03:18 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seasons greetings Janice.
The picture of Christmas Carol you posted is of the MGM 1938 film wonderful movie. [Smile]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 10, 2015 11:18 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stand corrected on the date Lee [Smile] I'll change it.

--------------------
Janice

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2015 04:56 AM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice- My favorite version actually. I've been lucky to have scored two prints of this one, which was rather difficult to find in the beginning. MGM offered an abridged version for schools and libraries, and I kept finding those for sale. The print I have now is gorgeous. MGM was so good at making movies- a great example of the quality that came from the Studio System. I'll be unspooling mine soon as well!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 11, 2015 10:59 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, I have the abridged version and it has some sprocket damage that I'm going to try and repair. I hope to get a full version some day... but happy to have this for now.

--------------------
Janice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 15, 2015 07:09 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here I love that MGM 1938 version and so over looked in our green and pleasant land.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 04:48 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Walt Disney Christmas
Must have purchased that in the 1970's and another of those special reels which holds lots of memories of shows from Christmas past. Gained a line or two and probably seen most projectors manufactured over the years.
 -
Turn the clock back someone!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 19, 2015 12:42 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son Darrin is home for the holidays. We snuggled up on the couch last night for It's a Wonderful Life. The quality of my 16mm print is terrific. Jimmy Stewart was so well cast in this movie. I can't imagine any other actor as George Bailey.

-

--------------------
Janice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 22, 2015 05:30 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Santa Claus (1912)

Bit of a amazing evening projecting some of the super 8 Christmas collection.
Never seen this before but this silent story telling of Santa setting off from the north pole leaving his workers behind and visiting the good and naughty children was really sweet. I believe it was produced in 1912 which runs for about 25 minutes.
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 23, 2015 06:47 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice film, it seems, Lee ! I have just watched a 1943 French feature Goupi mains rouges on optical sound. I had a chat with the seller and told him I was surprised by the fact that some old films were released on optical super 8 films, as I thought these films were mainly purposed for Airlines companies. He said that Les grands films classiques, based in Paris, had the copyright of many films and released some of them with magnetic and optical sound. It seems that quiet an amount of optical sound projectors have been in circulation...

--------------------
Dominique

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2015 02:41 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Yesterday - Christmas Eve - I started with A Walt Disney Christmas - followed by Alistair Sim in Scrooge then the marketing 3x400ft of Airplane had me chuckling. John Wayne in the marketing 3x400ft of True Grit then Disneys The Small One and the great James Stewart in Frank Capra's - It's a Wonderful Life - the day ended with Dudley Moore on Blu ray in Santa Claus the movie.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2015 04:20 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Due to the complete lack of snow and even traditional Christmas temperatures I showed the 200ft "Walking on the Air" extract from "The Snowman" (Derann) and an original DCR print of "Snowdrift at Bleath Gill".

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2015 04:37 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched a few films trailers to Meet me in ST Louis, White Christmas and Elf.followed by Christmas with the stars 1938,Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer 200ft, Snowman 200ft, Tom and Jerry The Night Before Christmas, Thank you Very Much 200ft Scrooge extract, Madagascar Penguins in Christmas caper, good fun, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 27, 2015 06:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to read those super 8 films are getting an airing.
I like Super 8 optical Dom with the humble and cute Eumig MO being my fave projector for them.

Ronnie Lane
Junior

- posted December 27, 2015 03:40 PM      Profile for Ronnie Lane   Email Ronnie Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened my newest additions to the collection today-the first Ken Films Star Wars in color! Well, technically it's also a sound copy, but I'm stuck on a silent projector til I can save enough for sound, heh. My copy of Star Wars is definitely a bit faded but still a pretty fun watch and there is still some good color left in things like the FOX logo and the TIE lasers. The editing choices are definitely... interesting, heh. Still confounds me they did a digest with no Death Star battle and no explanation of Han.

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 27, 2015 05:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched The Eagle with Rudolph Valentino. It is a sonorized version but the sound is very poor. I will add the resonorization of this film of my "have to do" things list. But the list is already long :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 04:33 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two rare Films:

Super 8 full lengh Prints The Love Bug (5x600 feet-Italy Print) and Herbie Rides Again (German Bootleg, 4x600 feet)

here the Scans

-

-

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2015 06:58 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched a mixed batch of films last night.

The Snowman (600ft)
Land of the Little Trains
NightMail
Madagascar Pengiuns in a Christmas Caper
The 12 days of Christmas (Sheila Grabber)
The Lancashire Coast

Many more to look at over the next few days

Graham S

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 29, 2015 01:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ronnie!

Don't loose hope, Ken Films did a STAR WARS part 2 400ft, and that includes the last battle, not the full thing, but a very good edit of the last battle. I don't know if the digest you have is part 1 400ft or the 200ft digest, but there were a very few printings on low fade LPP of part 1 and while I haven't seen a low fade print of part 2, there are good Eastman color stock prints of this, and part 2, (with the last battle) was also released in scope!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 29, 2015 02:44 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of a year-end tradition:

Reels 1 and 2 of "When the North Wind Blows"

-plus CinemaScope supporting reels.

(Reels 3 and 4 tonight: 5 and 6 tomorrow)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2015 06:24 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched my very rare print from 2007 on 35mm (The only one i know in circulation) Elvis That's the Way it is special edition over the Xmas period.

Now wouldn't it be great to have this feature film on Super 8 let alone 16mm ?

-

-

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC