8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 188)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 09, 2016 06:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just watched the French version of a film from Sergio Leone : Le colosse de Rodhes (sorry, I couldn't find the English tittle of this French/Italian/Spanish film). The colours are still good, which was a good suprise as I hadn't screened this film for a long time. I respooled it on a 360 mt/1200 ft spool and used my modified Sankyo. Although, it's not a Derann like quality, the picture is far to be bad. The 1.0 lens probably helped but I think the Hefa made a good job (also, they put two horizontal black stripes that are still black, so the effect is good). The editing is however another thing : the original film is over two hours, so they sometimes cut quite quickly some scènes. But the all together it is nice to watch (and I'm happy with an abridget version as the original lenght would maybe have been too long).

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 06:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi yes The Wombles are very British. I'll let you into a secret, back in the 1970's as a boy I toured with the live action stage Wombles, also filmed some of our rehearsals on Std 8mm. That'll be about 40 years ago me thinks and very fond memories for me.

Worth looking up a Super 8 print of any of them Osi and quite a novelty if projecting to todays youngsters. [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2016 03:06 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
continuing on we watched a wonderful reduction print of Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein (1948, 2 x 1600 B/W 16mm) and the the wife put down her foot so we watched a romantic comedy called Guest Wife (1945, 2 x 1600 B/W 16mm) with Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche in what appears to be someone's attempt to recapture the spark and success of 1939's Midnight

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 15, 2016 05:28 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A French classical film : Drôle de drame with famous actors. The film is dated 1937 but looks younger. My copy has an optical soundtrack and I screened it with my Fumeo.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 20, 2016 06:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Volpone, a French film dated 1941. Another good evening.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 22, 2016 06:43 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le retour de Don Camillo, with the famous Fernandel.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 22, 2016 07:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Poltergeist II and Ichabod & Mr Toad, now there is a combo not often seen on Super 8mm anymore!

Screen shots to follow in High Resolution elsewhere if anyone just so happens to be interested.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2016 03:49 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would love to see you screenshots, Andrew!

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2016 04:09 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night's mixed bag of 400ft cutdowns, Duel, Carry On Camping, That Riviera Touch, The Guns of Navarone, The Medusa Touch, Coffy and Goldeneye opening sequence, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2016 12:41 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
Last night i showed Beyond The Pale Horse (1964)
On 16mm Staring G Peck

RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2016 12:41 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
Last night i showed Beyond The Pale Horse (1964)
On 16mm Staring G Peck

RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2016 03:39 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well finally dug out the CL Xenon for a couple of features, Easy Money starring Rodney Dangerfield 1983 and Best Defence 1984 Dudley Moore and Eddie Murphy followed by a super 8 2x400 of Futtocks End starring Ronnie Barker, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 24, 2016 04:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What a fantastic line up there Mark!

I love Eddie Murphy films and 80's films in general.

Ps, John, just jump on board if such topics of conversation on eight interest you. There are many to peruse from lots of different people.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 25, 2016 03:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two newly acquired (yesterday, in Roubaix, at the cine fair) cartoons : The Prince And The Pauper and Mickeys's Christmas Carol. The second title will of course become a permanent guets on my films to show for Christmas list. The fantastic bonus is that both films are in French.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 25, 2016 04:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Two superb titles found there Dominique, and no need to record the track!

Someone's already done that for you! [Smile] [Wink]

They are both great for showing around Christmastime BTW, not just Carol.

--------------------

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2016 02:40 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just like Dominique, I bought some new films in Roubaix, two excerpts of Les grandes vacances (Louis de Funes) from Film Office are the best ones.
Next to these, I projected tonight Rebel without a cause (James Dean) from UFA film (in German). The film has still good colours. 3 x 110 meters length.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 26, 2016 03:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, looks terrific Nick! As indeed does the projector. [Big Grin] [Wink]

That's a brilliant title to find in such condition Nick, a real classic! [Smile]

--------------------

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2016 02:21 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Andrew, and nice to hear you again! I could not post the films without the projector, no film without the machine [Wink] I am glad indeed to have this relatively well-known film on super 8, it is one of my "keepers" for sure!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 27, 2016 05:54 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, the french dubbing was made by a professionnal, Jean-Marc from the forum.
Nick, I'm glad that you're happy with your film and I see your collection is growing :-)
Tonight, I watched a film office 15mt (50 ft) Advertisment (colours are still good) and The Guilty Men.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 28, 2016 03:59 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana Jones night!

Raiders of the lost ark trailer
DCR Advert reel
Raiders of the lost ark 400ft (Stereo)
 -

Making of Raiders Blooo-Ray
Ending with The temple of doom Blooo-Ray
 -

Excellent 4 film box set which now sits next to the Super 8.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2016 04:12 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the weekend,

I screened my marketing print of "Marathon Man" with Dustin Hoffman,Laurence Olivier and Roy Scheider - its mounted on 3x800ft - the complete print and its a scorching thriller with wonderful performances and a brilliant script by William Goldman

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2016 06:42 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I ran the 16mm print of 'Born Again', the story of Charles Colson and his imprisonment because of 'Watergate'. Beautiful print with excellent colour on an 8' screen with almost 30 in the audience. They love coming to the monthly film shows and when I announced that next month (among other things) I'm showing a chapter of 'Flash Gordon' there was great excitement.

--------------------
Dave

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 03, 2016 03:18 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night: the first 1200 feet of "The African Queen", with the last 800 Feet tonight.

-maybe I should get a bottle of Gordons!

(Especially now that she's dumped all of his over the side!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 03, 2016 03:52 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
David has one of my dream prints there with the full Marketing release of Marathon Man. Really brilliant film and a superb performance from Mr Olivier.

One I so far have only ever managed to find the 3x 400ft abridged version.

That one of Steve's ain't half bad either! [Smile]

Happy viewing there gents.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 03, 2016 05:15 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 100 ft(30mt) Universal Eight release of Jesus Christ Superstar (You actually have the theme song). It is pinkish but I had a big improvment using a filter so it was well enjoyable. Then Highlights Of Famous Fights. The bad surprise with this Castle Film edition was that the picture is reversed (Mirror effect). Not too disturbing for box scènes (that's what the film mainly consits in) but all the titles are on the wrong side. Then Clock Cleaners, the wekk known Walt Disney's cartoon.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC