8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 211)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 03:13 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have look in the Last time:

Exodus - Super 8 full lengh feature on 9x600 feet Reels, Scope
Reds - Super 8 full lengh feature on 8x600 feet Reels
Dschingis Khan - Super 8 full lengh feature on 5x600 feet Reels, Scope

Three very rare Super 8 Titles

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 02, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Weren't those kempski prints? If so, they are top notch, to be sure! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 06:35 PM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching one 1,200ft.reel.

[ July 26, 2018, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Steve Meyer ]

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 08:29 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Steve! That print looks excellent. The same can be said for your screenshots. That's one I don't currently have but now I'll be searching...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 02:03 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a good old gruesome zombie film and in great shape to, would love a copy of this one. in English sound. excellent screenshots. havnt seen one with such good colours before, i thought these were mostly faded now, im glad i was wrong. [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 11:21 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Steve!!! I mean ... WOW!!! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 04, 2018 04:04 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, did you do the re record to English yourself? if so how did you go about the editing to this version?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 04, 2018 01:04 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The prints that I have seen of Zombie all have held their color nicely. I re-recorded mine using the Dario Argento version.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 04, 2018 01:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Doug,
All i can hope for is that one day an English recorded one may turn up for Sale [Wink]

Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2018 09:46 AM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom Photiou,

No, I didn't do the re-recording. It was recorded that way when I purchased the print.

Thanks All - Yes it's an awesome print. The color is WOW amazing.

[Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 06, 2018 06:52 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 French animals documentaries mounted on a 240 mt/ 800 ft spool. Colours still good. Not only interesting for the beautiful vues of Nature but also some looks at the cine material used to shoot.

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 06, 2018 02:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mutiny on the Bounty 3/400 on one reel the color not to bad...good music [Smile]

Night Mail... Its unfortunately its a B/W on color stock, hence the strong blue tinge...not a very good print.

His Mouse Friday my old B/W T/J print still fun to watch [Smile]

Blazing Saddles.. good print and very funny however they would not be allowed to make it these days...nice edit.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2018 04:52 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham - I very nearly bought the 3x 400' version of Mutiny On The Bounty at the Farnworth film day last Saturday, but a little note on the box said "faded" so I decided against it..... wait until a better copy comes along as I assume it is an excellent digest if the 1x 400' is anything to go by.

Anyway.... to tonight....

Mrs.E. and myself watched 2 shorts I got from Farnworth, and a feature I bought in the middle of December I had yet to see.

First off... a 50' colour sound snippet entitled "Cinema Cinema" which is a 2 minute compilation of shots from various films set to a song called....guess?.... "Cinema Cinema" A nice little opener.
The second was in a similar vane and entitled "Reflections" which was a longer,5+ minutes, and more professional film shot compilation celebrating the first 100 years of the cinema including snippets too numerous to mention but makes for a real "name that film" game.

For the feature... it was the Walton 6x 400' Reach For The Sky starring Kenneth More about the air ace Douglas Bader. Great film and the print quality was also good but had a few too many scratches for my liking. The sound was consistently good thank goodness.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 08, 2018 01:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Melvin

Just in case you are not aware of it, Derann released Reflections USA as well as Reflections UK. Another two Derann released were Spirit Of America and thats got the Mr Bean intro at the start, that could be removed for the start to any film show as well [Cool] and Pieces Of Silver...all good stuff [Smile]

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2018 03:06 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night;-dracula has rised from the grave,full lenght inported print,excelent sharpeness and color print.
-bem-hur (scope) trailer.
-where the eagles dare(scope) trailer.

best;
luis caramelo

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 08, 2018 05:25 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heart Of The West, a western (some accents are not easy at all to understand for the non English native speaker I am). The film is mounted on a large spool and has been projected (with a Spondon Long Play Unit) on my Elmo ST 180 modified to a two blade shutters and equiped with a 1.1 Schneider lens.

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2018 02:14 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that "Hearts of the West",the Hopalong Cassidy one,3x400 standard 8,shortened to approximately 45 minutes,a very early Derann release ?

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2018 02:17 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2018 02:23 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2018 02:32 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2018 03:14 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham - I only became aware of the Reflections U.S. version after reading Steve Klare's excellent review of it on this forum. Certainly, that will go on my "wants" list. I was going to do a review of the UK version but could not find a website that lists all the extracts featured, just as Steve did with his review,so it will have to wait for now.

I wasn't aware of the other two films "Spirit of America" or "Pieces of Silver." I did find the review of POS on this forum and have since seen the link that Tom P. provided on Youtube. I will keep a lookout for these in the future. Thanks for bringing them all to my attention.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 09, 2018 03:34 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Panayotis, it's a super 8 3x180 mt version. The title is Heart Of The West, not Hearts Of The West. The main character, played by William Boyd is indeed Hopalong Cassidy. I have no idea who released it. By the way, I bought the film at Blackpool.

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2018 05:07 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched the following trailers,Time after Time,The Young Ones scope/stereo,Jason and the Argonauts and Love me Tender,followed by The Trojan Tanker Department S 2x400 episode and then The Colditz Story 2x600 b/w cutdown,all very enjoyable,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 12, 2018 02:48 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fellow forum film collector nut [Big Grin] Pat called round last night and we screened his 600ft Derann Scope print of "Raise The Titanic". [Cool] [Smile]

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2018 01:35 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,

the Prints coming from germany, but only Reds coming from Italy

Great Sreenshots from Zombie, i have this Print too, very good colors

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC