8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 226)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2019 01:28 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran a Disney Double feature! The titles were Toy Story and Who framed Roger Rabbit! The crowd went wild! They just loved the print Quality! Long live super8.

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2019 06:05 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom,your silent short is the Griffith directed "The Transformation of Mike"(1912),not "Variation".The case of this one is a rare Blackhawk mistake,that of including an unedited version with the correct one. Another one happened to me,ages ago. I bought a little Rascals silent two reeler,which arrived in a two reel box with two reels.One contained the complete short and the other the second reel again! Last,thank you for the praise of my finding the Max Linder film.It was indeed a most happy unexpected surprise!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 10, 2019 12:25 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching some of my home movies filmed over the last 50 years. Funny how they look so young but we seem to be getting older. [Roll Eyes] The wonders of Kodak colour seems to be holding up very well indeed but I do wonder if the new 100D will last the same.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2019 04:22 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened Hitchcock’s masterpiece PSYCHO; the full feature which I bought recently from a collector friend after years of searching.
Other than my BluRay or DVD it’s uncut...! The image is brilliant and catches the breathtaking athmosphere Mr. Hitchcock created perfectly.
A real gem!

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2019 06:38 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
400ft Walton cut down of the Rank colour version of The 39 Steps with Robert Powell as Hanney. It is a Studio Films Lab print on late Fuji stock with balance stripe and the colour was pristine. A little unsteadiness at the end, but that might mean it needs re-lubricating.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2019 12:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian ...

I really liked that remake of Hitchocks "39 Steps"! I didn't luck out in getting it, but there was an optical feature of this that sold about a year ago that had surprisingly pristine color, i mean, really lovely to look at, but it was an "odd' print in that the sound, on the last reel, was about a second or so off in sync, which is a fairly rare thing with optical features, (and, lets face it, unless you are willing to mag stripe and re-record, you'll never have THAT reel in sync!) [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2019 12:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian ...

I really liked that remake of Hitchocks "39 Steps"! I didn't luck out in getting it, but there was an optical feature of this that sold about a year ago that had surprisingly pristine color, i mean, really lovely to look at, but it was an "odd' print in that the sound, on the last reel, was about a second or so off in sync, which is a fairly rare thing with optical features, (and, lets face it, unless you are willing to mag stripe and re-record, you'll never have THAT reel in sync!) [Smile]

--------------------

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2019 04:41 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS... Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins in a feature which belongs onto the big Super-8-screen!
A real classic and a breathtaking Derann release

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2019 03:55 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Appropriately enough, on this 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong's historic journey, my viewing list tonight included Walton's Pathe film "Apollo 11 - The First Men On The Moon." 200' - very pink.

My others were....

The Deep 1x 400'

The Railway Children 4x 400' (Powell release)

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2019 12:48 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday night 007 screening: THUNDERBALL in all its Cinemascope glory!
Still one of the coolest features and James Bond at its best!

Mike Brantley
Junior

- posted July 23, 2019 07:13 AM      Profile for Mike Brantley   Email Mike Brantley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marx Bros. A Night at the Opera, Super 8 400', about 18 minutes. Film was a gift from my friend Danny. Screened it last night and enjoyed it a lot, especially with the crisp soundtrack getting an assist from a Yamaha A/V receiver (fed from my Elmo ST-1200HD) in turn feeding a pair of old Polk SDA speakers.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2019 08:08 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday July 24

Derann's release

Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame

Full length stereo sound a gorgeous print

With a few Disney trailers

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2019 07:17 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday July 29

Full feature

The Outlaw
Jane Russel

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2019 01:51 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ken Films digests of The Poseidon adventure and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Both still have quite good colour (the blue is all there but black shows as dark brown. However "Butch" has the worst amount of printed in white marks from negative dirt/damage I have ever seen especially at the beginning and end. Also the Techno Warner Cartoon Tweety and the Beanstalk on 3M stock still good colour but the sound is rough, a second print I have on Eastman has better sound, strangely the label is printed slightly differently with a larger picture and the title split on two lines differently.

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2019 01:16 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I host my film club and the members voted Comedy as the theme. I have planned a program of:
Woody Woodpecker reel (Castle Films/U8 "Woody's Clip Joint," "Misguided Missile," and "Witch Crafty")
"Hurry, Hurry," (W.C.Fields' Castle Films excerpt) with Abbott & Costello "Who's on First" routine
"Thoroughly Modern Millie" (U8 Julie Andrews musical comedy)
"Disorder in the Court" (Columbia Three Stooges)
"Blazing Saddles" (Columbia digest)
The Little Rascals reel with "Three Men in a Tub" and "Framing Youth" (Blackhawk)
"You Can't Cheat an Honest Man" (W.C.Fields' U8 plus Castle Films' 200' "Circus Slicker" combined)
"Animal House" (U8 600' digest)
We viewed "Airplane!" (Marketing Films' 3X400' edition) a few months ago on Classic Movie night.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 08, 2019 06:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paris 1900 (480 mt/1600 ft). As the title suggests it, the film is made of pre WWI footage. It has a soundtrack with useful comments.I don't know if in English there is a specific term to name that period but in French it's called "la Belle Epoque" (The Beautiful Era/Epoch), while the post WWI times (the twenties) are called "les années folles" (The Crazy Years).

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2019 01:55 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mixed trailer and advert reel The Fog, An American ail, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Licence to Kill and and the Pearl, Dean & Younger advert reel that features the Benson and Hedges Zulu spoof. The the Warner C=cartoon Isle of Pingo Pongo.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2019 11:22 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pirate Treasure

All 12 reels!

Thursday August 15

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 16, 2019 11:23 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!! That's a night of film!!!

I actually toyed with the idea of taking one of those 12 or more chapter serials and, (like they used to do for more marketability), make my own full feature film, but not cut it down TOO much, as they would do with, for instance, the Buck Rogers serials, (down to a mere 70 or so minutes of a 12 chapter serial).

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 16, 2019 09:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Trek

"Space Seed" (1x1200')

We get to meet Kahn Noonien Singh and his mutinous (yet still quite cute...) girlfriend.

Color could have been worse...

-then again it could have been better!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2019 10:34 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently spliced all 12 reels of PIRATE TREASURE on to 1200 foot reels (4). I only removed the heads and tails as needed. I did not edit any other content.

I thought at first it would be a little repetitious seeing all those logos and recaps. But actually it wasn't too bad.

So anyone would be OK doing this as well.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2019 02:17 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mixed short (700ft ish) version of Disney's "The Jungle Book". The extract "Mogli the Jungle Boy" followed by the Elephant March and I Wanna be like You ending with the last reel of the Derann feature. It went together quite well, the Fuji extracts not too much astray from the Agfa of the last reel.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2019 05:36 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Showboat'.Colour is vg and Howard still sings his heart out!

--------------------
Trevor

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2019 05:15 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good night tonight...….AND I had an audience as Mrs.E. decided to join me ( no X-Factor / Britain's Got Talent / The Voice on the telly at the moment on a Saturday night.)

Tonight's serving was as follows...

Bugsy Malone 1x 400'
Porridge 1x 400'
Girls Girls Girls (Elvis) 1x 400'
Nurse Edith Cavell (Anna Neagle) 5x 400'

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 17, 2019 10:02 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silent film night. After watching the Giants baseball game I pulled out my Sankyo 2000H silent projector and watched my 3x400ft copy of Black Hawk's The Great K&A Train Robbery (1926) starring Tom Mix. IMDB lists John Wayne as a uncredited extra in this movie.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC