8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2009 09:06 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we watched "Tarantula" (Castle Films 200ft),followed by "Monsters we have Loved", a Hollywood and the Stars 2 reeler narrated by Joseph Cotton with lots of clips from the old horror films. After this we watched "The Elizabethan Express" a great old British Transport Film from Walton on 1X400ft reel. We concluded the show with Alfred Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes". This was another Walton Films release on 4X400ft reels and was absolutely wonderful. It looks so much better on film than the DVD release. All were Super 8 sound and were recent Ebay acquisitions in excellent condition apart from one or two scratches on "Monsters we have Loved", but as I love these old monster films I didn't care. We projected the films with a Yelco ES 720 projector which we also bought recently on Ebay and is a really lovely machine, whisper quiet with a rock steady image. I honestly do not know how I would get such great films and equipment if it wasn't for Ebay. I have recently acquired a lot more features on Super 8 and 16mm so as it starts to get dark earlier we will have some more shows. It certainly makes a change from the rubbish on television.

Paul.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 28, 2009 10:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gian!

Neat name for that "Revenge of the Sith" excerpt! "The Revelation" ... nice touch.

Now that it's getting darker JUST a little quicker, were planning on some slightly earlier watches, (as it's kind of hard to stay up late with a year ole baby!)

.... so we just watched the German/marketing STAR WARS digest. We haven't re-recorded it yet, but we know all the dialogue by heart, so no big rush! Great color and sharpness to that. Slight KODAK SP browning, but almost un-noticeable.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2009 05:29 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot wait to post shots from the new arrivals, Osi! [Razz]
That title was the proper one, in my opinion. Thanks.
Take care.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2009 10:55 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday July 30, 2009 @ 9:15pm

A night for vintage footage, all on Super 8!

Disney Extract “Dalmatians Escape”
Disney Short “Main Street Electrical Parade”
+ five trailers followed by the feature “God’s Little Acre”

This was a very fun evening and EVERYTHING ran through the machines flawlessly despite the age of the prints, some of which showing signs of warmth & fade.

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight part 2 of my super8 scope party. Yesterday a bunch of trailers and a couple of Tom & Jerry Cineavision scope cartoons, and tonight it was the Ben Hur two-reeler, a bit reddish but I don't mind. Looked marvellous.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 05:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WAs Ben Hur released as a two reeler cinevision? I thought it was only a 1X400ft or a 3X400ft?

--------------------

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2009 09:10 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
1X400ft is a two reeler, 4X400ft is 8 reels.

Paul.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 31, 2009 09:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 12:14 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi

I don't know if this is what Paul means, but if you do the math.....he's actually right.

Speaking in terms of 200 foot sections.

And that works too because this movie in theaters was 70MM.

I have the feature of Ben Hur in super 8 scope. And there are cue marks throughout even when there is not a reel change within my print or between my machines.

Yep, it sounds confusing, but it makes sense if you can understand the logic.

CG

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 02:50 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night's showing was Star Wars 800ft and Empire Strikes Back 800ft on super 8 followed by a 16mm feature of Condorman...Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 04:01 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday was our Super 8 collector meeting, the meeting was opened with
A Trailer + commercials reel:
Escape from New York
Blade Runner
Mad Max
After that was a little break for a snake (potato salad and wiener sausage).
After that we watched more Trailer and commercials:
Revenge of the Creature, return of the creature, some old Frankenstein Trailer, some from the 80´s like Nightmare on elm street 4 etc.), 3 walton reels of Benny Hill
1x 400 version of Easterparade and more Trailers Batman (1966 Adam West), Independence Day, Evita, Superman 3. And more commercials and Trailer, War of the Worlds, This island earth, Horror of Dracula and more.
All was screened with my Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens.
Here are some pics, unfortunately no screenshots.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 09:07 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
concerning one reelers and two reelers, cartoons being one reelers are on 1X200ft reel. However the Laurel and Hardy two reel shorts are mounted on 1X400 reel.
 -

This page from the Walton Films catalogue (1972) explains it all.

Paul.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 01, 2009 12:58 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One-reelers, two-reelers, etc - all of this relates to 35mm originally. A "reel" of 35mm film runs 10mins.
A "two-reeler" on 8mm would be 400ft; on 16mm would be 800ft; on 35mm would be 2000ft.

At least, this has always been my understanding of the terms.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 02:48 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer-

That looks like a very nice gathering! Thanks for the pictures.

I would love to see more gatherings of collectors around in the U.S., but its usually geographically and time challenging. But these pictures are encouraging though.

James.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 04:27 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live on Cape Cod and we have great rates off season. I would love to take part in a convention here.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 01, 2009 04:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Oemer ...

I hope that there weren't any open cleaners in the projection booth with that cigarette! [Big Grin]

I buy and sell with a few fellas over in Germany. Could you take one of the group photos and perhaps tell us who were the lucky fellas who got a night of movies?

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 05:11 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer,
could you send me a private invitation for the next meeting? Great shots.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2009 06:13 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was filmnight,A Walt Disney Christmas 1x400ft new one!
The little mermaid 3x600ft
and an extract of the sword in the stone 1x200ft
[Smile]

[ August 06, 2009, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Jeroen van Ooijen ]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2009 03:25 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the persons on the pics are:
#1: I forgot his name, this guy read my posting on this forum and find the way to the meeting.

#2: Left: Jürgen a very long time collector, on the right Werner (Gian, this is the guy who will help, to get your next print)

#3: Thats me

#4: This is Thomas Wind, long time collector and he oparate this nice Theater.
He is a TV Camara Man and also director. His latest movie is now available as DVD:
http://www.guitarmen-themovie.com/

#5: the crowd
they are Manfred Lehman, Roman Avianus, Andreas Urban, J.P. Gutzeit, Axel Hampel, and few other.

#6: sitting on the chair Michael Schneider (Filmdose)

Osi, the projecton booth is only our storage for 35mm nitrate prints :-) they are no cleaners.

Gian, I will let you know for all of our events.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2009 11:29 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Evening August 3 @ 9PM

Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoon short
Bugs Bunny Wacky Wabbit cartoon short
King & I trailer
War of the Worlds trailer

Casablanca Feature

Everything Super 8

Special Thanks to Peter Booth for the absolutely wonderful feature print [Big Grin]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 04, 2009 01:11 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're back in Paris but photos of our Provence set-up can be seen here in the Yak section.

Last night show on 16mm, the original 1933 King-Kong.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 05:56 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the persons on the pics are:
#1: I forgot his name, this guy read my posting on this forum and find the way to the meeting.

Empörend!!!! (Embarassing!!!!) [Big Grin]

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 05:30 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight 8mm Abbott & Costello, In Society (You may be plumbers, but you're wonderful plumbers [Smile] , Universal 8,
and When Worlds Collide, Marketing 240m digest.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 06:33 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4th August 2009, a SUMMER NIGHT screening with  -

Great scope print!

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 #2; Sankor 16C Anamorphic lens on Elmo 1,0

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 06:52 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice , I need to get a camera to get some good screenshots too..

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC