8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 31)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 17, 2009 11:20 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

It is Eastman but has fair to good color(not red). I couldn't bear to watch a red print of it. Also it is letterboxed and not major lines or splices, very clean. It was the first time I have seen it on the big screen.

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 17, 2009 12:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good.

[Smile]

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2009 04:59 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Friday it was Woody Allen's Take the Money and Run on 16mm, an outdoor show in the garden of a friend at his birthday. A beautiful night and a beautiful print, and everyone loved it [Smile] And the next day a couple of cartoons for the kids, indoors.
I need a new camera to make those sexy shots to post..

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2009 07:11 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday night we ran Beauty and the Beast... great to watch that outdoors, and hooked up the surround sound system as well.

Looking forward to my print of Grease to arrive this week. I have a print already, but this one has been re-recorded in stereo. It has GOT to beat the Marketing tracks on my existing one! But, I can only dream of a scope print from Derann... one day!

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2009 08:08 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was a strange one. I did one flawless fuji Andy Panda in 16mm then the rest were S8mm. A Trip To The Moon, followed by Star Wars selected scenes, followed by just over 3 hours of Our Gang shorts. I don't think I have ever watched that many Our Gangs in one sitting before. [Eek!]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2009 11:30 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Evening August 17th @ 9:15pm

Everything on Super 8

TRAILER REEL:
An American In Paris
Stars and Stripes
Singing In The Rain
Somethin's Gotta Give
Lost In Translation

FEATURE:
The African Queen

CLOSING SHORT:
A Grand Day Out

REFRESHMENTS:
Popcorn
Ice Tea
Miller Lite [Big Grin]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 18, 2009 07:24 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a wonderful weekend of "Cine BBQ", having friends over with 35 mm prints of their own short films, we had a showing yesterday of the Derann's most excellent super 8 print of Star Wars, in sync with DVD sound. I'm still amazed by the quality of that release, it's pin sharp with splendid colours.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2009 05:58 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sesame Street episode 408, black & white from 1972, 16mm. I just love those old episodes, full of love peace and tolerance and that 70s look.

Jean-Marc, was that Return of the Jedi btw?
Need to win the lottery to get all those beautiful Derann features.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 19, 2009 01:11 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter: no, the original 1977 Star Wars.

--------------------

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2009 04:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino,

Colors on "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" are not excellent, but still there, not faded but like a bit washable ( I hope that you can understand what I will say, because, my english is not always excellent ).

Regards,

JC.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2009 06:25 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss my SUNDAY SCREENING. But I'll be back home soon!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2009 07:51 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i screened the Hunchback from Notre dame,Kevin it's a great print sharp and beautiful colors,thank you! [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2009 10:09 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I pulled out the Elmo st600 and ran...
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 2X400FT
ALIEN 1X400FT (never screened this before a well done digest!)
SILVER STREAK 1X400FT
LOVE AT FIRST BIGHT 1X400FT
All recent buys over the last few months.
Patrick

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2009 03:13 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I broke out the 16mm again and watched a documentary on the 1920's called THE GOLDEN TWENTIES(1950). It was pretty good (and informative as well [Smile] ) I was itching to break out a second one but it got too late so maybe tomorrow.

PS Jean-Christophe thanks for the info on Chainsaw Massacre.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 23, 2009 03:40 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night, all super 8:
- Clash of the Titans (3x400 MGM) - great print
- The Black Hole (Disney 400ft)
- Secret of the Fire (200ft extract from Disney Jungle Book)

Saturday night:
- Star Wars. Again? Yup! But this time, it was the 1200ft reel of the three Ken Film reels plus the two Marketing reels.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2009 05:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday afternoon, FAME, super 8, 2x400ft. Good colors. Very pleasant digest.

JC.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2009 01:20 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was an unsual one. In purist terms it wouldn't be worth the dirt beneath my feet. A B/W print of a color movie, a cropped flat version of a cinemascope film, but sometimes the alternative might be worse. A pink print to me is usually unwatchable, so when it somes to rare noir and B-westerns I don't mind picking up a B/W print, especially noir. Not too mention they can usually be had for the price of a new DVD. So that was the case with tonights movie. A B/W 16mm TV print of 23 Paces to Baker Street (1956) - OH and can anyone tell what little hand crank projector is in that one pic?

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 24, 2009 04:26 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday after a day of BBQing in the yard
- Trailers to "Glory to the Filmmaker", "Mad Max 2", "Blake & Mortimer" (what's interesting about this one is that it's a trailer to a movie that was never completed, only the three minutes used in the trailer were shot), "Meet the Robinsons" & "Wall-E" teaser.
- "You Made Me a Thief of Your Heart"(short film/video used as a trailer here to "In the Name of the Father", song by Sinnead O'Connor)
- Puss Cafe (Pluto short)
- Madagascar Penguins (with DTS sound)

[ November 06, 2010, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2009 11:28 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday August 24 @ 9:00pm

Film Shorts:
Plane Crazy (early Disney)
Three Orphaned Kittens (Disney)
Creature Comforts (Nick Park)

Feature:
The Lion King (Disney)

Everything super 8 sound

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 06:16 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip,did you like the Lion King?
It is on hold for me!
I never see three orphan kittens,so i watch youtube for it! [Big Grin]
Jeroen [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 11:06 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Creature Comforts (Nick Park) on super 8?

Who released this?

Graham S

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 25, 2009 01:19 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, "Creature Comfort" is still available new from Derann.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 03:17 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jean Marc. You're right it's in their catalogue. I never noticed that before. [Big Grin]

Graham S [Smile]

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 03:59 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today it was 39 Steps on 8mm. Blackhawk print om my Sankyo 702 with 1.0 lens and Eiki longplay unit.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Kevin Wardle
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2009 04:48 PM      Profile for Kevin Wardle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what I watched today:

Here's what I watched..

Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD 2X200ft Walton. VERY nice colour prints from Patrick Walsh on the Forum! Traded the Ken films Titanic 200ft B/W Sound!
The Wolfmans Cure 200ft B/W sound castle films.
Movie Magazine #2 Hammer House of Horror, Colour Derann print 400ft.
Who's On First - 100ft B/W sound Universal 8.
Shower Scene From Psycho - 100ft B/W sound Universal 8.
Movie Magazine #1 Derann 400ft B/W Sound, Trouble In Store, etc...
Psycho Trailer long B/W Colour stock 100ft 5 mins.
Rear Window Trailer 50ft Canterbury trailer.
Flying Sorceress - Tom and Jerry. Amazing Colour/Scope Kempski print!!

Best, Kevin.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC