8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 40)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2009 05:45 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finaly watched today Disneys "The Rescures" with the kids.
It was the full feature German lab print.
I made some screenshots but they was to dark so they look to bad, I will make new screenshots later from a short distance and post them next time together with a little review of the print.
 -

The color is perfect and it is a great print, but not perfect like some derann cartoons like POCHAHONTAS etc.

Winbert:
I noticed that you can´t use a scope lens together with a zoom lens for the whole range of the zoom lens.
I get a perfect scope image with my 16mm Elmo projector with every size of lenses for example 38mm and also 20mm (big image/ short distance) but not with a zoom lens.
The problem is not the big size with short distance, this is a problem of an zoom lens, it must be work different to other lenses.

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2009 06:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer... We want better shots here [Big Grin] ! Will you be in a position to take some pictures while screening lighter sequences, please? It would be great!
Hope you are right there. I wait soon for good news from you about OUATITW. Take care.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2009 11:31 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday October 22 2009 @ 10:05PM

Shorts:
Shaft Digest Print

Feature:
Maxie

Everything super 8 sound

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2009 01:35 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have to move out a few more of the 16mm prints so the one I watched tonight was GODZILLA VS THE SEA MONSTER (1966)...Color fade is such a drag since sometimes it is the only thing wrong... That was the case tonight as the print is in great physical shape but faded...Oh well she has been good to me so hopefully someone else will enjoy it soon. Some great fights in this one including one that looks like Godzilla and the Sea Monster playing catch with a big rock until it finally gets smashed on the buildings below.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 04:08 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, here are the screenshots from the rescuers.
 -

-

-

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 07:44 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
G R E A T, Oemer. At least we now have an idea about this German edition. How many reels? Let us know, please.
Thanks a lot. And send me a PM if you have any news about OUATITW.

CIAO-

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2009 07:52 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

The pictures from Ben-Hur are spectacular.

Is this a German print, or from Derann?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 05:29 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,

my copy of Ben Hur is an Kempski print. I remembered it is originally mounted on 15x 400ft-reels or so...

Oemer's picture were the reason why I screened The Rescuers last night [Big Grin]
Here are some additional pictures:

-  -
Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 04:43 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots, Michael.
And yes, this print is definitely better than the Italian edition!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 26, 2009 08:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What screen shots of Ben Hur? I didn't see any?

Was a post lost somewhere?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 09:52 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Beyer: The Kempski Ben-Hur is stunning.

Osi,

The picts of Ben-Hur are on page 39.
There are some great shots of Steven Boyd.

I believe that the red plume in his head gear cannot
be duplicated on video, and as it is viewed here on the forum.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2009 11:27 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday night October 26th 2007

Feature only on super 8 sound

Bye-Bye Birdie

I have found my print of this title has gone pink. I advise others who have this print to check for fade and vinegar stench. Sad but true. Maybe you will be luckier than me.

CG

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 27, 2009 08:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Micheal ...

I finally got around to seeing that Ben Hur post and the screenshots. The color on your print looks incredible.

I bought my print from a fellow forum member and to this day, I'm not complaining, as I bought it for 200.00, but I have noted that the right side of the screen is lighter than the left side of the screen, and the right side, (that's lighter, has a bluish cast to it, while the left hand side is absolutely normal color.

Fortunately, its not a large difference, but to a purist like me, Its noticeable.

Does anybody else have a print like this of Ben Hur?

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2009 09:26 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,
on my print I didn't notice any colour difference between left and right.

Gian,
thanks again.
The german print is absolutely sharp. The title-sequence is full-screen and the film is letterboxed. No idea, why [Confused]

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2009 09:39 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, even if I already have an Italian edition of THE RESCUERS on LPP, I'll probably buy the German one too. Thanks for posting those shots and giving me the possibility to have a clear idea about the print. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2009 05:14 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Does the Kempski print have english main titles, and
how much would you believe this feature would cost
on the second hand market?

Osi, Do you have a Kempski print of this feature too?

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 27, 2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that my print is a Kempski. It has that bluish Derann color to it, but to be honest, I really can't be sure of that.

The boxes are plain white boxes. Curiously, the covers on top of the part 1 and 2 have the look of the original boxes, (but not the 3X400ft covers, as I had those and these are different).

They are interesting in that they7 say "cineavision" print, but this obviously isn't the square boxed "cineavision" print, this is the average scope image you'll find on the Derann's. It has that black top edge with the MGM logo, 4 different boxes with the different languages available, (as the english circle checked).

I can say, however, that the print is exceptionally sharp. I haven't seen the Wixard of Oz prints by Derann, but this is the best looking print from a film from the 50's or earlier that I have seen. MAGNIFICENT!

Perhaps someone else on the forum can verify if this a Kempski or Derann scope?

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2009 06:53 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
27th October 2009, Tuesday

Super 8 Disney night.
Full feature screening with my 'brand new' Elmo GS 1200 XENON: POCAHONTAS .

-  -
 -  -
 -  -  -  -

I love this movie. One of my favorite Disney's.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 27, 2009 09:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like this Disney film ....

However, I would like to find that promo which was just the song, "Colors of the Wind", I did like that moment, and I was excited to hear that Derann released that promo, but it seems that it is now kind of scarce.

Tonight, Fantasia 2000 and along with it, Sorceror's Apprentice.

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2009 11:22 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

The 200 foot Sorceror's Apprentice is in Fantasia 2000?

Unless you only appreciate the original voice of Walt Disney over
Whayne Allwine?

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2009 02:36 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, try to look for it at CHC .
I know Phil should have a used print for sale. That part is the best one.
About the rest eh eh eh, I knew you would have written you did not like it [Wink] !

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 28, 2009 08:13 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats why I add that 200ft Sorcerors to it. I don't know if it was sold with Fantasia 2000 when first bought, but my print of Fantasia didn't have it on there, so it is complete with that 200ft!

Yes, I do prefer Walts voice over the other fella!

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2009 05:41 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Agreed.
Walt was the original and best.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2009 06:27 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was Straw Dogs on super8, the edited 83 minutes version from abc pictures that I picked up from Derann's second hand list. Stunning picture quality, just a slight color fade, and pin sharp with the Sankyo 702, 1.0 lens and Eiki longplay. 20 people enjoyed the show.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 01:21 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I did a short little Cleopatra themed screening with a new acquisition from Steve at The Reel Image entitled The Hollywood You Never See (1934) which was a DeMille short (like Hollywood extra Girl) about the behind the scenes on Cleopatra. There is one funny scene where DeMille scolds Claudette Colbert for reacting too soon to an extra fanning her. Its a super 8 short with a sepia tone. This goes straight into a long trailer for the 1963 Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor, which is sadly faded....Then I watched a Super 8 800 foot reel of the 4 castle sound shorts tied together.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC