8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 46)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 10:58 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Gian.
Like I said, I screen sometimes for some fellows at work at the end of our working day and then I make some screen captures, but it is less impressive than at home on the really big screen [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
I screen it actwise at work...little by little and not every day [Big Grin]

Tonight my wife and my daughter aren't at home so we take advantage to screen Titanic [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 02:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... AND HAVING BEERS AH AH AH! Have a good night! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 02:18 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Gian, we had some beers and it was a great evening.
Starter was the 200 ft. digest of Robin Hood, made by Piccolo.

Then the headliner of the evening: Titanic.

You posted some pictures from your print. I made some additional ones from mine, but instead of the distance to the screen they have some noise...

-  -

Projector: Elmo ST-1200 HD with 1.1-lens
Anamorphot: Rathenower Rectimascope 48/2x

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 05:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! Always so delighting to see what you post! Great job! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 07:30 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And again a big thank you for your kind compliments, Gian.

Have a nice (screening) weekend, my friend.

Regards,
Michael

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 08:44 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike. I hope to find the time for screening. I have at least 5 or 6 full features to check and so poor time to do it.
I will let you know. Take care.
GIAN

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 27, 2009 08:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You weren't kidding Micheal! Great print.

You know, I have ran into a number of people on other film forums that are actually surprised that Super 8 prints are still being made in this "ancient guage" as they call it.

Imagine how surprised they would be at the sharpness and excellent print quality of these films!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 10:23 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While my parents were cooking the Thanksgiving dinner, I had myself a nice Super 8 afternoon!

Featurette: CLASH OF THE TITANS (3x400')

Main Feature: THE SECRET OF NIMH

Total running time was, roughly, a little over 2 hours. It was the longest I have run the projector and am pleased to report that everything ran smoothly.

Projector got a nice cleaning before and after the screening. Mom popped her head in during Clash to bring me a cup of tea and remarked at how nice the picture was! [Smile]

My films will get a good cleaning soon as I finally have FilmGuard on the way!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 12:24 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had our annual Thanksgiving night screening last night (all in 16mm):
HOW TO MAKE A PIE : 1950 Kodachrome as a teen demonstrates how easy it is to bake...
PIRRO AND THE SCALE: another episode of the late 40s creepy marionette
DELTA RHYTHM BOYS SING ALONG: Columbia theatrical short from the 40s
A DAY OF THANKSGIVING: the Centron classic
ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES: Complete feature. I was proud to show this minty original of this great film. I was hard pressed to see ANY blemishes on the print

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 27, 2009 12:50 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Blackhawk Little Rascals after desert:

"Hook and Ladder"
"Bored of Education"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 02:13 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good programme, Steve.
About quality (B/W contrast, sharpness etc.) I personally think HOOK AND LADDER is absolutely one of the best OUR GANG short issued by Blackhawk.

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 05:13 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca,

Hook & Ladder has great quality, and
appears to be from fine grain materials.

Moan & Groan Inc.,
and also has the same perfect
sharp quality as Hook and Ladder.

Does anyone need a super 8 sound
print of Moan & Groan Inc.?
I have a 16mm copy and it has the same identical
quality as in the super 8 version.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 06:11 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I unfortunately already have it [Frown] .
Ciao.

--------------------

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 06:57 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Gang's FREE WHEELING followed by VAMPIRE CIRCUS late Thanksgiving night. (The audience consisted of me, myself and I since everyone else had gone to bed!)

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2009 07:07 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The audience consisted of me, myself and I since everyone else had gone to bed!

Ah ah ah [Big Grin] . Sometimes the same happens to me too! [Wink]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 12:54 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, that is my usual audience as well, although some nights, like tonight my wife joins in..Usually for 16mm....

and Michael I only have a 5 foot screen so I fear that a scope film would wind up being only about 2 feet high to fit...

Tonight though was not scope....It was a nice old 16mm "D" grade noir film. D being for - Dames, Detectives and the Double cross...

Double Jeopardy (1955) starring the 50 ft woman Allison Hayes

-

here's a lobby card I have for this film

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2009 09:57 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had some friends request "The African Queen", as two of them had never seen the film. I set up everything in the living room, projected from the den into the living room, and since the french door separate the rooms, I had an instant sound proof booth!

We started out with a Mighty Mouse cartoon, 'Aladdin's Lamp', which I just received today. I was very pleased with this print, as it must have been one of the later ones that Ken Films printed... on mylar, and hardly any fade at all!

Everyone was pleased with the presentation!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2009 12:32 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my wife did our own little post holiday thanksgiving dinner and then it was another D noir feature on 16mm. This time it was a David Janssen, Jeanne Crain mystery from 1961 Twenty Plus Two

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 29, 2009 05:26 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, your screenshots are amazing (and Dino, it's my turn to be jealous: both Creature from the black Lagoon and Ghidrah in your collection, yum!)
Yesterday afternoon, we screened my favorite Pixar film and I grabbed my old camera. Shots aren't too good but I thought I'd give it a try...
 -  -

My daughter is a great fan of that little robot.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Darren Payne
Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2009 08:30 AM      Profile for Darren Payne   Email Darren Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twilight Zone-The Invaders, In search of-Dare Devil Death Wish (Leonard Nimmoy series), Earth v Flying Saucers feature followed by Ghost in the Machine sci-fi horror (16mm)

Full house too!

-

-

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 29, 2009 09:09 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino ...

That large ranch area has been the outdoor shooting home for SO MANY features, shorts and TV shows! All the way from the silent days through Little House on the Prairie, and beyond. I always recognize the location, whether black and white or color!

We've been very busy, and sadly, no time at the moment for films. Our little Devin has had a flu and his temperature jumped up to 103 degrees, but we quickly got it back down, (thank God! A narrow scrape there!).

... and now, back to screenings. Since there hyas been interest in the print, We're watching "Raid on Entebbe". A decent Charles Bronson/Peter Finch actioneer.

Also, 400ft letterboxed digest of "Raider of the Lost Ark"

and the cartoon?

"What's Opera Doc?" (1957, Bugs Bunny). I cooresponded with Chuck Jones, (the director of this fine animated film), for a number of years, and he hand drew (in pencil) a drawing of Bug's Bunny for me in the Brunhilde role as seen in the cartoon, and it's one of my favorite memento's.

TRIVIA TIME: Did yo0u know that Chuck Jones actually worked on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" He did the story boards for the confrontation between Daffy Duck and Donald Duck. When I asked him what he thought of the film, he said, "I didn't like Roger personally."

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2009 05:10 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shots, guys! Yours are so delighting too, Jean-Marc.
Hope 'Wall-E' will issued on 8mm, one day. I actually only own the trailer on 35mm.

BTW, it was SUPER 8 SCREENING (and rainy... perfect weather, for such a programme) NIGHT with Disney's German issue of THE RESCUERS .

I know Michael and Oemer have recently posted their shots, but it was my turn, tonight.
Grainy print, but stunning and realistic color (even if, for unknown reason, my pics are on the blue side, tonight), not so different from the DVD edition. Absolutely not comparable to both Italian prints, but not so far from a Derann, in my opinion.

Just a real pity there were some cuts here and there on the original source (expecially at the end). But ABSOLUTELY a must for Disney's fans. Some shots as usual (cannot wait to post some from JURASSIC PARK................. )

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 XENON; Elmo 1.0

Thanks for selling me this copy, Oemer.
Keith was nominated as the best member of the forum for 2009. You and Hans (because of my personal experiences with both of you, of course) were the best sellers in every way, during the year. Ops... I FORGOT MIKE!
Thanks.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2009 09:56 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday November 30 2009 @ 8:30pm

The Golden Seal

Super 8 Optical sound

With Magnetic short "A Free People"

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2009 09:56 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 30, 2009 10:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian ...

The shots are just fine. They don't appear slightly bluish to me. I had an italian print of this feature and it was the flat (not letterboxed) version and it was "speckled" terribly. The color was also slightly off and not as sharp. This print looks incredible! That was always a favorite film in my life!

Congratulations on yet another great find!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC