8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 56)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 02:07 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter and Jeroen, great pics, especially the ones from the phone? [Eek!] I'm impressed.

Gian - were those Fantasia shots taken while using your 1.3 lens?

Today I went down a serious road, coupled with trying out my new little elmo/eumig to 1/4 inch speaker jack I got from Dan Lail so I could pull the 8mm machines back out into the living room....

I started with the standard 8 for a 2 x 400 blackhawk scored print of JUDITH OF BETHULIA (1914) on the 5 foot screen (I put the cast list because I thought it was funny, the actors, and then...oh yeah servants, slaves, dancers, etc), then a long one roughly 2 hours on Super 8 HIS PEOPLE (1925) with Rudolph Schildkraut and among others Blanche Mehaffey (spelled Mehaffy in the credits) whom I have in a 9.5mm Glenn Tryon short, that I'll need to pull out again to see her differences between dramatic and comedic acting from around roughly the same time period.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 06:49 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dino, how are you?
It's always a pleasure to see the screen shots you post.
Anyway yes, the last ones I have posted were taken while using my ELMO ST and a 1,3 lens.

I used an old screen for the show. And the result was not as good as it usually is when using the 'official' big screen actually out of order because of my Christmas Tree (put up under it) eh eh eh.
Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 11:25 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, "The Great Train Robbery" (Blackhawk, of course).

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 01:13 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New year's projection:
- Clash of the Titans (complete italian super8 version)
- Zip'n'Snort (Derann)

Today:
Fantasmi nello spazio (Ghosts in space), 16mm italian amateur film, with mag sound, found today in a flea market. It's a sort of Sci-Fi animation short film, made by an italian guy in the 70's, that may be classified as Z-movie... but it's so funny!!

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 01:39 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, I also screened that film last night!

"The Great Train Robbery" is always great for short screenings.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 02:23 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3rd January 2010, Sunday
Super 8 evening screening.
The movie: Hiller's LOVE STORY (1970).

Unfortunately, this is a very faded print on Kodak SP. Ex rental copy. Color is a little better than in the shots. But this is not one of my best movies. See, Osi? I also have fair prints in my collection eh eh eh.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,3.
Three more days and I'll go back to my usual, big screen!

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 02:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No reflection on you, Gian, but it always amazes me how anybody could sit and watch a faded print.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 02:43 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] I understand, Michael. Also part of the fun...

Cannot remember when was the last time I had screened this before today (10/12 years ago? Maybe more?) but of course the print was definitely better when I bought it. A real pity [Frown] .

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 02:49 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides the fade, it looks like a nice print.

Who did this title? Is it the full feature?

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 02:50 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Michael, it's the full feature, on 5*600ft.
No idea about who released it.
I believe it's not an authorized print.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 03:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, it warms the cockles of me heart, my fine lad, Gian!

A brownie of a print is still watchable, depending on the the print and how crucial color was to the story. That's just my opinion. Yet another film I have never seen on Super 8. Bravo Gian!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 03:26 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, a faded print is still very fun. The feel of the film, the sound of the projector and the magnificent picture that you only get from 8 mm is what makes it for me [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 03:27 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian -

Cool, what a coincidence! I had just received my copy in the mail yesterday, and it was the first time I had seen the film in any form. Very interesting.

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 05:19 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian, I'm getting second thoughts about the LA PRIMA NOTTE DI QUIETE, only one day to go and stil just one bid. Maybe you can bid up to 50 Euro and see what happens? I guess I will have to learn Italian, so I can watch this movie [Smile]

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 05:25 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, that's true.

Top quality LPP prints are always a genuine pleasure. And Christian is right. The magic while touching the single frames, while screening and watching the running images on the screen, is something incomparable. As you states in your reviews, Osi, LONG LIVE SUPER 8!

Peter, the second bid is mine.
Just let me know how much you want to spend for it and I will try to do my best to win it for you [Wink] .

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 05:32 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Top quality LPP prints are always a genuine pleasure.
Osi, Gian's last screen shot shows that LPP is not always bluish as you mentioned. This is what I told you before. So it will depend on the labs.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 05:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are definitely right, Winbert. How prints hold color up (depending of course on their storage, temperature etc.) is a real mistery, sometimes.

The better part of all this, is that we are still here talking about it. This is simply great.
I will ship soon some extra movies to you, Winbert. Just give me a week to check a couple of things [Wink] .

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 05:45 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, great pics as well, you have an amazing collection of old movies.

Gian, I have a couple of red movies as well, never stopped me from enjoying them [Smile]
What do you think is a fair prise for the Zurlini? I will go up to 50 Euro. Let's see what happens. You're great for doing this, thanks so much..

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 05:58 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are more than welcome, Peter. In my opinion 50 euro will be okay. I wouldn't bid much more, considering LPP prints of this titles exist.
I will do what you asked me, don't worry. Once more, I hope to win it for you.
Stay tuned.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 04, 2010 08:27 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Provence trip is over and here's what we shown over last week :

- Horror of Dracula (beautiful Technicolor print, unfortunately, screenshots were mistakenly erased by the better half).

- Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (great Agfa print)
 -

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
 -

I also finished installing the *cough*cough* non-film equipment (and sound system) and we watched the *cough*cough* of "Chicago" and "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea".

[ November 06, 2010, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 08:33 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You delight all of us, Jean-Marc.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 04, 2010 09:29 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess that Dalila di Lazzaro is no stranger to that delight... [Big Grin]

And I love the italian title of the film:
"Il mostro è in tavola... barone Frankenstein"
I have a cool poster (logandina?) of it with a drawing of Dalessandro being served as a dish on a table...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 09:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How young and beauty she was (she still is!).
Locandina is the right translation. Cool indeed! And well, I cannot remember when was the last time I've seen this movie. I was probably a kid.
Where did you find it??? [Wink]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 01:53 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean Marc - Great shots as usual and great films Warhol's Frankenstein....the envy continues... But hey did you see I watched a french Star Crash recently...my only french film...

Peter - thanks for the kind words

OH and John and Christian are either of your Train Robbery's with the colored section and music track? Curious how it is holding up....

Tonight I only had time for a short a standard 8 Blackhawk 400 footer of the original Glen or Glenda [Big Grin] It was a Hal Roach short starring Glenn Tryon and Fay Wray entitled Madame Sans Jane (1925) and Tryon plays almost the whole film in drag. If you don't recognize him the dad is James Finlayson. I always appreciate the other Roach comics like Tryon and especially Arthur Stone.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 02:56 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy new year to everyone here on the forum.
Here I am again. Was at home since christmas and had no internet there. Read 5 new sites of this threat (Uff !)

Osi and Winbert, many thanks for your information about the film stock. I will look, what kind of stock my films have.

Dino, it is fine to see, how good those old pictures are.

Gian, fine to see your christmas greetings in my mailbox [Smile]
A lot of thanks and hope your christmas was nice. Is your christmas tree still in position ? [Big Grin]

Made some screenings during my time at home, but did not make some pictures, except of The Aristocats. It's an very good Derann print.

Projector: Elmo ST-1200 HD with 1.3 lens

-

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC