8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 59)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 11, 2010 06:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, what stock is for Lethal Weapon?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 11, 2010 06:12 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, what stock is for Lethal Weapon?

--------------------
Winbert

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 06:16 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian and all of you that post pictures....

Fantastic and amazing how good the small gauge can look. This is also a nice way to see the quality of these titles. One of these days I will try to take some pictures and make a contribution.

Bill

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 06:22 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is also a nice way to see the quality of these titles
I do agree, Bill. I think it is part of the fun. And I also think it can be helpful to other collectors to get a sense of different prints of the same title existing out there.

Winbert, no marks on it, but I'm quite sure it's on KODAK SP. Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 11:29 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday night January 11 2010

DVD Projection

Animundi - dub from LD to DVD

Tinker Bell & The Lost Treasure

-cg-

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 05:37 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,
again wonderful screenshots !
Seems to be a very good print. Saw one of it on Ebay a few weeks ago, but don't know how the quality is.
Some of the optical prints are turning to brown/red.
It's a pity that it is only a flat-print...

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 05:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael.
Yes, flat print, but very good indeed. Holding color up very well. I know some prints of LETHAL WEAPON have already faded.

Thanks anyway. Still waiting for FOOTLOOSE, even totally faded ah ah ah.
CIAO!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 12, 2010 09:19 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's very debatable Gian. Usually I would say that all prints of a specific title were done on a specific stock, but I have ran into prints of "The Earthling" (William Holden, 1980) on both early Kodak SP and another unidentified stock which has held up well, while the SP has faded to brown.

I would put good money on Lethal Weapon being on Kodak SP, and perhaps you got one that hasn't had the chance to fade yet. Good for you! As Tom Petty sang ...

"Store it in a cool, dry, place!"

Now, I'm off to watch "The Takedown"!

[ January 13, 2010, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 12:24 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
OSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Almost ready for the show of the day!

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 04:36 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a short Super8 tonight, part 1 of 4 from Jason and the Argonauts. Red, but full of Harryhausen stopmotion goodness.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was Johhn Hughes night last night.
Planes trains and Automobiles,followed by that lovely American 80`s classic Some Kind Of Wonderful. More Cheese please [Smile]
DVD Projection
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 05:07 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12th January 2010, Tuesday -

Super 8 screening night with a rare Disney's: A MILLION DOLLAR DUCK by Vincent McEveety starring Dean Jones, Sandy Duncan, Joe Flynn (1971).

Faded Eastman stock.
Unfaded childish fun!

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1.0

Peter, your copy of LA PRIMA NOTTE DI QUIETE will be posted tomorrow morning. Ciao!

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 09:25 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw "Million Dollar Duck" when I was a kid in the 70s, at a drive-in theater as part of a double feature with "Mary Poppins" as the second film shown. Early childhood memory...

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 02:40 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, "Million Dollar Duck" must be one of the few Disneys which I don't know [Eek!]
But it was filmed in the best year, ever [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
In my opinion the best Disney with Dean Jones is "The love bug" [Big Grin]

Nevertheless very good pictures, Gian [Wink]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 09:14 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was going to watch a feature; "The Man from Hells Edge." I decided to watch a cartoon firt Disney's Lullaby Land. I enjoyed the cartoon so much I decided to watch another, then another. Just like eating potato chips, can't stop with just one. Never had time to watch the feature.

The others watched were Disney's Woodland Cafe, Dollywood Cavalcade, and the Czech Cartoon which I believe is called The Umbrella Man in English.

Maybe I'll watch the feature tonight.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 13, 2010 09:31 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian : great shots of Lethal Weapon, what a good looking print.

As I needed to check both a projector and a print, I improvised a screening yesterday night in my kitchen for my daughter and we watched "Mole and the Green Star". Superb super 8 print from the former Czechoslovakia. Margaux was amazed despite the less than perfect quality of the screen (kitchen white tiles). Mole (Krtek) is one of her favorite characters and she couldn't believe that he also had a home inside that small Bauer projector...

-
[Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 13, 2010 09:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy Gian, you really tend to luck out on film stock, (either that, or we just see the good ones in screenshots, eh?). That print of "Million Dollar Duck" is certianly passable.

It gives us all hope as to what is available. The print quality appears to be quite good. Not super sharp, but not speckled all to heck.

Muchas Gracias Mi Amigo!

and a happy hello to the recovered Pepa!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 09:53 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, so nice to see someone knows (and had the possibility to watch in on the big screen) that movie eh eh eh.

Thanks Michael

quote:
But it was filmed in the best year, ever

... Eh eh, I was born in 1971 too!
I personally think there are lots and lots of 8mm issues out there whom existence we don't know anything about.

And thanks also to you about LW, Jean-Marc. And for telling us your interesting story about that short. Ciao.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 05:29 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from 1971 too, must be a good year.. [Smile]

Jean-Marc, Krtek is great, I have quite a few episodes on 16mm, but I'd love to get some on 8mm. At the cinema where I work we have been running Krtek (Mole) for the past two years and it's always a hit with the small kids.

Tonight the first half of One Million BC on super8, lots of stop-motion and girls in fur bikinis, and wonderful colors to boot.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 05:46 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shots, Peter.

Thanks Osi; you were probably writing your post while I was doing the same, so I did not include you in my previous thanks (from Pepa too).

I selected some good screen captures (at least as steady as possible) as usual, but the print quality is the one you can see. I'm very happy with it. Another movie I have found after so longtime. And now after Disney's THE THREE CABALLEROS (pratically already found. Let's see [Razz] ).

Ciao Osiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 13, 2010 06:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy! if I was that caveman, I'd be smiling too!

Great print! Very good color.

--------------------

David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 10:12 PM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm "Fort Dobbs" starring Clint Walker, Brian Keith and Virginia Mayo. Part of my 1950's B+W small budget westerns I have found myself acquiring the past few years. I guess it is a return to my childhood and the early experiences I had with cinema. I enjoyed it immensely.

--------------------
Live Free or Die

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2010 05:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
14th January 2010, Thursday -

Super 8 screening night with Disney's: SNOWBALL EXPRESS by Norman Tokar starring Dean Jones, Nancy Olson, Harry Morgan, Keenan Wynn, Dick Van Patten (1972).

Brownish 30 years old Kodak SP stock.
Thin wears at the very beginning, but print still good enough for a 8mm show.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,0

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2010 10:07 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran Battlestar Galactica last night (Wednesday). I had just finished splicing the two reels onto a single 600' and decided to screen it to make sure everything was fine.

It wasn't. I forgot to remove the film's title from the second reel. D'oh!

Spent 20 minutes this afternoon finding the splice and then fixing it. Will screen again soon and hopefully it will be fine this time.

Also this afternoon, I spliced a couple more films onto 600' reels. Carrie just fits. It goes right to the top but it does fit! Reels 5 & 6 of Call Of The Wild (1972) are now together. Finally, reels 2 & 3 of Clash Of The Titans.

Gonna have to screen those to check the splices! [Wink]

Thursday Night:

Dracula A.D. 1972 on the 80" screen via digital projection. Very nice DVD transfer, not processed, very filmlike. Fun movie, too.

[ January 15, 2010, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Murin, Jr. ]

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 06:40 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alfred Hitchcocks Foreign Correspondent on S8, using Elmo ST1200, 1.1 lens and Eiki Long play unit and 2 supaspools.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC