8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 62)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 22, 2010 04:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham ...

That looks like my print of Tom Sawyer. Some reels are still brilliant, some sections are browning. The contrast to that print of the Little Rascals is lovely!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 05:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, Osi
who released TOM SAWYER on 8mm? That's a title I could be interested in.
Great shots, BTW. And you all know I'm a big OUR GANG's shorts fun!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 06:20 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, how much film can you put on one of your reels?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 22, 2010 10:28 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian
ABC released "The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer" there is a review of the movie on this forum, its interesting that the film has the original opening "Selznick" introduction which is a really nice touch, however with my print its silent but you can easily record straight from a tape or DVD eg "Gone With The Wind" I should do that sometime. I do hope that there is still prints out there that dont have to much fade as its a film well worth getting.

Greg
You had me thinking this afternoon so I did an accurate measurement. The outside diameter is the same as the Elmo 1200ft but with with a centre of 1.7/8 of an inch about 48mm and can take 1400ft of film leaving about 5mm to spare thats roughly 3/8 inch to the outer edge of the reel. One other film I have that fits on that larger reel is the Derann Disney feature "Peter Pan". In most cases I stick to the 1200ft reel as those small take-up/rewind motors on the GS1200 are getting on a bit old, however for the odd film that is just bigger than the 1200ft they work fine.

Graham.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 11:27 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday January 22, 2010

Super 8 Cinemascope

2010 The Year We Make Contact

[Wink]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 05:08 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,  - .
I will have a look (did not notice the review).
Interesting details about your 'home-made' reels. Bravo!
Ciao.

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 09:01 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have dug out som cutdowns that I not have seen for 20-25 years, yesterday I watched the following 1x400s:

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, slightly faded but not to bad.

Superman, as above. Yet another case of old stock used, film was released in 1978, super8 copies would probably be made in 79, but markings say it is a SP stock from 1976.

The Black Hole, slight fade but not to bad. This film came out in 1979 but the stock is Eastman 1976.

Mickey Mouse: The First Fifty Years, Slight fade but still plenty of color, oddly the best color is in the live action scenes.

Disney's Greatest Chases, a little more noticable fading but not to bad.

Shalako (Scope), has turned really red, not the worst case I have seen but in a couple years it probably will be unwatchable.

Have several other cutdowns lined up for today, these are 2x400 edited onto 600 reels, but more about them tomorrow.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday, January 23rd.

Wife and I settled down earlier this evening with some snacks and watched dear old Margaret Rutherford in "Murder Most Foul" - a film acquired relatively recently, but not screened all the way through till now.

Fantastic - she never fails to amuse and scintilate.

Projector: Elmo 16-CL

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 05:26 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
23rd January 2010, Saturday

Super 8 'screaming' night with Argento's TENEBRE starring Anthony Franciosa, John Saxon, Daria Nicolodi, Giuliano Gemma, Veronica Lario (1982).

Ultra-rare letterboxed copy printed on fading Eastman.
Hope nobody will be upset because of the shots (I've chosen some 'soft' ones).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

I was only 11 years old when TENEBRE was released. It was unfortunately for over 18-year-olds only. No way to be admitted. So I had to wait for 4 or 5 years. And I finally had the possiblity to watch it for the very first time after it was released on VHS.
I was so excited eh eh eh.
Can you imagine? A GREAT Disney's fan as I am in love with such a violent movie!

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 XENON; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 23, 2010 05:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good print, even with the color fading, but at least its an even fade and not the dreaded pinky! It looks like it had some pretty good cinematography!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 05:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi.
Unfortunately, sections of some reels are already getting pink.
You cannot imagine how sad I am. Not simply because of the huge amount of money I've spent for it. But because I feel it's getting worse and worse (I mean, fading) every time I screen it [Frown] .

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 06:35 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Saturdaynight i watched!

Donald Duck dilemmas 1x400ft

And main feature

Disney's the hunchback of Notredame 4x600ft

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 07:10 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Jeroen...
The one you posted is absolutely the best poster created for the movie. Hope all is fine there.
Ciao.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 07:36 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love that kind of posters,it's more adult!
With me it's ok,and you? [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 07:41 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leaving soon for a 10/15 days trip.
I will mail you before leaving.
Take care.
CIAO!!!

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2010 08:04 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's ok! [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 23, 2010 08:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian ...

I would highly suggest that you take that print that we have been talking about, and place it in a plastic freezer bag, with a couple of selica gel packs (to keep moisture away from your print), and place it on some shelf in the bottom section of your refridgerator, (not the freezer!), as that should at least keep it at the state that it is presently, while you search for a perfect color print.

This really does work. It won't restore the color, but it will halt the color loss. have you ever noticed that many photo shops keep they're undeveloped film in a freezer unit? Now you know the reason why!

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 12:59 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was time for some scope cutdowns I had not watched for over 10 years:

Caravan to Vaccarés, not the best Maclean adaptation, or book, but it really uses the scope format, especially in the "documentary" scenes from the festival at Saintes Maries in Carmargue. (is the locale wrong then you should blame the text on the case and not me)

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, my first Derann print. My dream would be a feature copy of this in stereo, the newly restored three hour version naturally.

The Day of The Triffids, featurette with a running time of 60 minutes. I don't know who released this as I bought it second hand back in 1981 and it was mounted on four GEPE reels. But it is on Fuji stock and has not faded at all.

Coming up next will probably be my Marketing feature print of Airplane!, it will be interesting to see how it has aged.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 01:44 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,
nice screen shots,Although i wonder in this case, surely if your watching Argento the more red the better? [Wink]
Stewart [Smile]

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 24, 2010 02:00 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The missus and I had an excellent night at the pictures in our living room:
GASLIGHT (1944) - Charles Bowyer and Ingrid Bergman

Nice 16mm print.

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 02:04 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any screenshots Michael?
[Smile]
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 24, 2010 02:07 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, sorry Stewart. They never worked out for me. I have a cheap crappy camera.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 24, 2010 02:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars,

I admire you, I have always wanted a copy of that "Triffids" film, as I hear that the print is quite good and I remember that film fondly from some late night movie channels!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 04:53 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi.
Thanks for your suggestion. I seriously have to take it into consideration...

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 12:02 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian wow, I would love to have some Argento on any gauge and in virtually any condition, I am so jealous of your print, faded or not.....Thanks for posting....

Well today I screened the Standard 8mm print I got from Lee of The Block Signal (1926), but since I did a full review I will add the pictures to the Review section, but not for a few days so more people can jump on Claus' great review of Joan of Arc...The other screening I did was I hand cranked my 9.5mm Pathex print of The Sawdust Ring (1917) 3 x 60ft starring a very young Bessie Love since:

1) I have all of my babies out and have been working on them trying to repair/tune up any idiosyncrasies

2) in salute of Kevin Brownlows' talk on Bessie Love he did at a Group 9.5 get together this weekend..

I apologize for the quality of the pictures but even using Bob Pucci's excellent suggestion for a modern lamp conversion (20 watts) it is still only a Baby and the image was roughly 1 foot in size..I noticed while cranking it that I really need to clean out the optics on this one, and fix the lamp positioning since it was a tad off center and cutting the top off.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC