8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 68)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2010 06:42 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally...

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S trailer.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Amazing!

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 XENON; Elmo 1.0

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 18, 2010 04:06 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Last night I gave the B/H 16mm slot loader a workout with two Scope features that I have not watched in a long while. It might seem strange that just after buying the Blu-ray of "Capricorn One" I should decide to watch the 16mm print which stange as it sounds looks better..."screen is 9ft wide"
 -
Hal Holbrook and James Brolin
 -
not exactly "Mars" [Roll Eyes]
 -
The Boeing Stearman Bi-plane in the movie was flown by Frank Tallman with some of the best arial stunts ever to be caught on film, even with clever camera angles he really did fly that plane very close to the ground and this is where the Scope format is brilliant. Frank Tallman was killed in a plane crash shortly after this fim was made.
Derann did release some of the flying from this movie in "This Is Scope" Super8 200footer and its very good.
Capricorn One was released in 1978 and is a Peter Hyams film incidently Jerry Goldsmith did a brilliant soundtrack for this movie.
Well the second feature that night was.......
 -
Star Wars 1977 Mark Hamill and Alec Guinness
when you watch this film and although the effects are good, its the actors like Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing etc that really made this film a success.
 -
The print is a bit faded but still fun to watch its been about 12 years since we last ran it well I hope to have time to watch a 16mm Scope print of "Return Of The Jedi" next week.

Graham.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2010 06:21 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stunning shots, Graham!

Tonight it was time for:

THE LION KING promo (Elton John singing CAN'T YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT);
BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S trailer;
JURASSIC PARK (finally re-recorded into Italian, STEREO sound. Great quality, both video and audio).

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 #1; Elmo 1,1.

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 19, 2010 04:28 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gian

I notice your Elton John "Lion King" promo, [Smile] I to have a copy I bought new from Derann when they first released it. Over the years I haven't come across any used prints for sale, its a really nice Super8 short with a good mix of live and animation with good music and a complete number from Elton as well, I have never come across this excellent short released anywhere else.

Graham.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2010 05:12 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More than welcome, Graham.
And of course, I agree that 'video clip' is a nice title in my/our collections.
Ciao.

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2010 09:55 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was The Great Texas Dynamite Chase. Had to get my Claudia Jennings in LPP fix [Razz]

For what it is worth my last screening of Death Race, may very well be my last. I have it on Fleabay and I have a strong feeling it may sell.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2010 03:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
19th February 2010, Friday

Super 8 screening evening with Disney's THE ARISTOCATS by Derann, printed on LPP, re-recorded in STEREO. Stunning!

Pictures as usual.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1,0

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2010 03:24 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So! A few days ago, I recieved my very first (proper) feature; the 1939 classic "Gullivers Travels"! :-)

So, due to my projector being at home and not at my fiancee's place, where the screening room is, so I set me up a mini-home-theater in my bedroom [Wink]

Below are screens of the setup and film.

-

Now that final picture there I included because I found it to be quite interesting. Two completely different generations of media, side-by-side [Big Grin]

And last, but not least, I fashioned me a MacGyver-style box for the film I recieved!

-

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo Chris [Wink] !

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2010 03:37 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The odd thing is that the print is beet red, faded to smithereens, on good ol' Eastman Kodak, BUT now and then it has several feet of pretty good colour, sometimes close to no fade at all, and there's no splices [Confused]

And that's on all four reels [Razz]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2010 12:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday on DVD:

Spy Kids

Spy Kids 2: Island Of Lost Dreams

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2010 01:59 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight a 16mm screening of DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN (1985) just prior to listing it on ebay as a buy it now for $150 ..It is a gorgeous LPP theatrical print and this is the only time it has been screened....

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 21, 2010 03:10 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night on 16mm :
- Bambi meets Godzilla (new print recently acquired from Wayne)
- The Adventures of Mr Toad (gorgeous, near mint print)

Blu-Ray:
- The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2010 10:33 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights screenings:

"The Electric Horseman" 2x400

"Singin' In The Rain", full feature

"Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", 1956, full feature

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2010 10:58 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night watched a VHS of "The Incredible Shrinking Man." First time seeing the whole movie (I have the 400ft digest). It was pan & scan though.

I also rented a VHS of "Earth vs the Flying Saucers" which I'll watch tonight.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2010 01:54 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone need to score points with the wife...get Dino's DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN. You would be amazed what prints can show up at the door with no complaints after you screen DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN. [Cool]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2010 04:31 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep...I think my wife is unhappy this one is leaving the collection...Cute but bored 80's suburban lady falls for edgy cool projectionist movie guy.......IT's our life on celluloid....Guess once I pay off the car bill I'll have to start looking for Valley Girl... [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 22, 2010 01:38 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night :
- Predator 2

[ November 06, 2010, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 07:08 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks,

I'm back !!!!!!

Screened King Kong starring Fay Wray some days ago.
Not one of my best prints, but a really classic movie [Big Grin]

Projector:
Bauer T 50 Sound with Schneider-Kreuznach MC Xenovaron 1:1,1/11-30mm

-  -

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 11:27 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

--------------------

Christopher Allison
Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 01:23 PM      Profile for Christopher Allison   Email Christopher Allison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I screened 'Nosferatu". I've never seen this movie, so watching it on super 8mm was an awesome treat. It also had a musical score, which sounded great and was appropriate for the film. I might watch it again tonight.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2010 02:25 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Gian.
Hope, there will be time to screen films [Big Grin]
I have "The fall of the roman empire" and "Scrooge" to re-record in german language.
Shots will follow at "control-screening". [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2010 05:16 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
23rd February 2010, Tuesday

Super 8 screening night with the Japanese Anime LE NUOVE AVVENTURE DI CAPITAN HARLOCK (Uchū kaizoku Kyaputen Hārokku) by Shigeyuki Hayashi, issued by Sil.Ma and printed on 5*600ft reels, Kodak SP stock (1979).

Amazing soundtrack (so far from usual Anime) by Seiji Yokoyama (Captain Harlock Soundtrack/FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND - YouTube). You MUST listen to this.

Screen shots as usual.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2010 04:22 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After having my GS1200 back in working order, I celebrated by watching my "new" optical print of The Woman In Red, bought from Dan Lail via ebay.
I had not seen this film since I showed it at the cinema when it was new in the early eighties. It was a real nostalgia trip.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2010 08:40 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched The Snowman, I followed that with the Disney cartoon short On Ice. Ok I know that Christmas is over but I just received these prints a few days ago.

On Ice does seem appropriate though with the Winter Olympics going on in Vancouver.

Living on the Gulf Coast I only see snow, in real life, maybe once every fifteen or twenty years.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC