8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 70)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2010 12:28 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those last three trailers, Officer, Garp, and Flashdance, were all released by JEF Films. Beautiful colors and sound (low-fade, of course). I whish I had bought many more from him, but was expensive at that time (mid-80's).

AND NOW, OUR FEATURE PRESENTATION-

"ALIENS" (Derann print).

-
 -
 -
 -

Thats all, hope you enjoyed the show!

James.

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2010 01:57 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely yes. Great great great pictures, James.
Thanks for sharing.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 04, 2010 08:32 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James
Those are brilliant shots the print looks really good "Aliens" was one of the best films to come out in the 80s and is a favourite of mine Sigourney Weaver and cast were great, real edge of the seat stuff and a movie that has plenty of repeatability... wish I had a print [Smile]

Graham.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2010 11:15 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday March 4 2010

AMERICAN GRAFFITI

Super 8 Optical sound letterboxed

This print is listed for sale in the selling section. Slightly pink. Not as bad as I thought. But yes, it is fading.

Price now reduced down to $150.00 + postage

prfcg2 (at) aol dot com

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2010 05:31 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys, and Gian YOU were my inspiration for taking screen shots! After all the great shots you gave us in the past, I had to do it!

I still have to "tweek" the process a little bit. My focus is a little soft in some shots, wich doesn't reflect the true sharpness of these prints in some cases, but I'll get it right some time [Wink] .

About Aliens-

Yes, this is a great Derann print, and very repeatable. Graham, these prints come up used from time to time, and Derann still may have new prints, so you should be able to find a print some day.

James.

Daniel Beijar
Junior

- posted March 05, 2010 01:59 PM      Profile for Daniel Beijar   Email Daniel Beijar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently shown my new find: Mickey Mouse The Fifty First Years. I am sure that you are familiar with it as it have been discussed here on this forum a number of times, but I am finally the owner of one copy. The films itself is in great condition, and why wouldn't it be sense nobody have projected it before me. It was still in it's original plastic warp. I opened it because I bought it to show the film and not keep it as a collectors item. I have seen this film quite often on e-bay with very different prices, some high some low, but I think I got it for a good price of 7,99 pounds. I most say that it almost felt like Christmas here, and by that I mean that we always watch Disney's Christmas Special "Donald Duck And His Friends" on the television here in Scandinavia sense it have been a Christmas television tradition for many years.

Christopher Allison
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2010 02:54 PM      Profile for Christopher Allison   Email Christopher Allison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Last night, "The Blacksmith" and "The Musketeers if Pig Alley.
Hey John,
"the blacksmith" is that on a compilation? How did you come across that short, if you don't mind me asking.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2010 03:15 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please, James!!!
And anyway your shots are good enough to have an idea about the prints [Wink] . Ciao.

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2010 09:29 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher,

"The Blacksmith" is a complete Buster Keaton short, 400ft, by Blackhawk. It's pretty easy to find on Ebay most of the time. "Cops" seems to be more common, "One Week" a little less common. The Blacksmith to me is the least interesting of the three, but it has its moments. I got mine on Ebay just recently.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6th March 2010, Saturday.

Super 8 screening night with George A. Romero's ZOMBI (European/Argento's cut for 'DAWN OF THE DEAD', 1978).

Italian ex rental print issued on 6*600ft reels on Kodak SP.
Hope some of the following sceen captures won't upset anybody.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,1

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2010 02:37 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo Gian, I love that film [Big Grin] Best I have ever found for sale has been a laser disk.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2010 03:10 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Optical feature of Conduct Unbecoming . Drama set in India in 1878 with a horde of great brittish actors. (and one american)

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2010 03:31 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see, it was trailer and digest night last night for us, thanks to my friends Dan and Mark. AND, I finally have an excellent scope bracket for my GS, so it was a good mix of stuff:

Trailer reel:

Star Wars Trilogy (Scope and in stereo)
El Cid (extra long Scope)
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Superman (this is the original teaser from 1977 plugging it coming 'this Christmas)
E.T. (original release)
Jurassic Park ( 2 versions, in stereo)
Aliens
The Fly
The Elephant Man
Dune
Paradise
Star Trek III The Search for Spock
My Fair Lady
Space Hunter
Peter Pan
Snow White
King Kong (RKO)
African Queen
Rollerball

Digests:

The Magnificant Seven (Scope)
Star Wars (Scope)

Black Sunday (3x400)

and... more trailers are on the way from the UK.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Wayne. Not the best (I'm now referring to my print), but better than nothing [Wink] !

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 08, 2010 01:53 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, you definitely have to come over some day... I have a great Agfa print of Zombie. The UFA three-parter is also great (see my post in the review section).

Last night on BD: Bronson
Amazing film and mindblowing performance by actor Tom Hardy.

[ November 06, 2010, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2010 03:04 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tell me, Jean.
You'll see I will, one day!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2010 05:24 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12th February 2010, Friday

16mm screening night with my FAVORITE Disney's: THE BLACK CAULDRON (1985).
Gorgeous print on Eastman LPP. Unfortunately not in scope. But, boy, this made me really happy.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo 16CL; Isco 1.3

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2010 08:06 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Gian, nice looking print of THE BLACK CAULDRON.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 02:05 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Larry [Wink] !

--------------------

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 02:45 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca
really great print + great new projector!
I am happy for you. Well done!!!

Antonis

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 03:03 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Antonis.
I have to fix that problem with the belt. But I'm satisfied with all new purchases.
Ciao.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 13, 2010 03:58 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice looking print, Gian.
[Smile]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 04:04 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Michael. I'm very satisfied indeed.
You couldn't imagine how sad I was because of this not existing on 8mm...
And now [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 13, 2010 04:20 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are you enjoying 16mm so far?

I'm looking forward to your review of Dino's DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN. That sure looked like a lovely print.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 04:55 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not delivered yet [Frown] .
Cannot wait to receive also EAST OF EDEN eh eh eh...

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC