8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 77)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2010 07:51 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

A great musical show on a hot summer evening!!

Still havent quite mastered the focus on the screen shots, but I'll keep trying! [Wink]

James.

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2010 09:43 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who put these out on Super 8 James?

Back in the 1990's I explored Harlem, The Apollo Theatre and around the Martin Luther King Blvd (125th St) district. It is a facinating place, very culturally rich.

David

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2010 05:39 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HARLEM HOTSHOTS was released by Thunderbird and BLACK AND TAN by Blackhawk but, who released the other two ???? I don't remember having seen them elsewhere.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 16, 2010 08:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It feels a bit offbeat to watch a television show using a 16mm projector. This was the 1965 episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show "The Redcoats are Coming" with Chad & Jeremy being quite funny.

-

-

-
Home movies!

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2010 07:52 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David and Panayotis-

These were released by Moredcraft Films in the 1980's, which had formerly been Thunderbird Films. They had a good variety of movies on super 8 / 16mm, and had many all-black cast movies, which was rare on super 8.

By the way, "Black and Tan" was also a Morecraft release, and contains the original credits and RKO Pictures at the beginning and end. I have not seen the Blackhawk print, but I would imagine that they probably put their own titles on the movie instead [Mad] .

James.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2010 06:43 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Thunderbird put out their own catalogue James? I have others that include some of their films, but never recall seeing a Thunderbird only one.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2010 06:52 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
t feels a bit offbeat to watch a television show using a 16mm projector. This was the 1965 episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show "The Redcoats are Coming" with Chad & Jeremy being quite funny.
That must be one of the few episodes I've never seen.

When NICK AT NITE was running it back in the '90s I kept waiting for the one where Dick does his Stan Laurel impression, but I never caught it. I must have watched it for 5 years without seeing that one. I do remember seeing it on Channel 11 (WPIX in New York) back in the '70s.

I always found the opening line of the show unintentionally funny. "The Dick Van Dyke Show...starring...Dick Van Dyke!"
Duh!
[Big Grin]

And, of course, "With Rose Marie, Morey Amsterdam, Larry Matthews, and Mary TYLER Moore!"

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2010 08:47 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

It's the Sam Pomerantz Scandals / Season 2, Episode 24

Here is the episode:
Dick Van Dyke

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2010 05:23 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except for the RKO logo, the Blackhawk BLACK AND TAN has all the original credits. Thanks for the info on the others.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2010 07:54 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael. I didn't know you could watch them for free now! Though I did discover last year that you could watch THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2010 02:27 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David yes Thunderbird put out catalogs that looked like newspapers, you can also find the morecraft catalogs that are usually listed as video catalogs, but it has all of the titles that Thunderbird released on film. .

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2010 07:30 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday night: THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, rare complete early Derann feature, std 8.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2010 08:44 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday night, we had our very first 'Dive-In Movie Event'. We had around 30 people come, had a great dinner, drinks... and the owner of one of the cinemas I used to work for sent a huge bag of theatre-popped popcorn... thanks Vince!

The program:

Trailers:

JURASSIC PARK
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT
GREASE
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
AIRPLANE!
MEET ME IN ST LOUIS
THE WIZARAD OF OZ
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

Cartoon:

DRAG ALONG DROOPY

Feature:

SHOWBOAT (Optical print)

Everyone had a great time, and is looking forward to next month's event, 'Grease', and 'The Wizard Of Oz' in September. Pot luck next time, though... we went through allot of food!

Projector: Elmo GS1200, 1.1
Sound: Bose

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2010 07:16 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had my Aunt & Uncle from Texas and Mom & Dad over for a show yesterday...July 26....

All super 8 sound:

NORTH BY NORTHWEST (German trailer)
A STAR IS BORN (trailer)
GONE WITH THE WIND (trailer)
NEWS PARADE OF 1971 (Castle 200')
SO, YOU WANT TO BUILD A MODEL RAILROAD? (CHC 200')
BAD 'OL PUDDY TAT (Tweety 200')
WHO KILLED COCK ROBIN? (Silly Symphony 200')
SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (U8/Castle edit w/re-recorded sound)

Went over well and spent some time talking about the films. Had a great time! [Smile]

Bill

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2010 08:31 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, watched the last two chapters of Congo Bill (14 & 15). Spent about a month watching the whole thing on Super 8. Lots of fun.

James, do you have the Blackhawk Super 8 print of "St. Louis Blues" with Bessie Smith? It's a good one, but you probably know that.

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2010 09:04 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched my 16mm print of the Hitchcock classic "The 39 Steps." Madeleine Carroll really lights up the screen.

It was on August 1st 1935 that this British feature was first shown in the United States. So exactly 75 years ago to the day.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2010 02:42 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3rd August, 2010.

Super 8 show with Disney's THE WORLD'S GREATEST ATHLETE (Nanù, il figlio della Giungla).

5*600ft reels on Eastman stock. Good unauthorized print down from a 16mm positive copy.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,3

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2010 02:50 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Sundayafternoon!

A littlebit to soon,but i must test my new projector!

The Snowman 1x600ft

Mickey's Christmas carol 1x600ft

[Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2010 09:07 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian-

Nice screen shots, and a RARE super 8 feature!

John-

No, I havent got my hands on that one yet [Wink] .

James.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 03, 2010 09:42 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian ... nice shots!

I am just wondering for the last 3 screen shots, they have different color tone . Is that your camera or the reels were indeed printed like that?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2010 01:32 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was 4 chapters from a western serial Flaming Frontiers and a couple silent Our Gang's.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2010 09:38 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Early this morning, the first four chapters of Buck Rogers. Nice Ivy print.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2010 08:55 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, James [Wink] ..

Hi Wibert. No different camera settings: the print itself is on Eastman. But some sections are holding color better than others.

BTW, it's not possible to find better copies, since all the ones that were released are like this.
Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2010 05:10 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian

Nice to see this on super 8mm. I have a copy on 16mm and love this movie. It is very rare indeed, hang on to it.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2010 01:48 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been playing around with my LUX projector but always been disappointed with the light output on the screen. Partially this is because of the obvious restrictions based on the start/stop of the notched titles (you wouldn't want to burn the frames), but the other reason is because the lenses in 1930 were much slower. Never one to accept defeat, I finally realized that the specto lenses fit in nicely as long as I slip a small sleeve around them. This roughly doubled the light output I was getting from my quick 50w halogen mod...The film I watched was an 80 year old 9.5mm print of a 1924 J. Stuart Blackton Vitagraph silent feature entitled BELOVED BRUTE (Pathescope retitled Unto the Strong 2 x 300ft notched S676) a cutdown version but all you can get of this film starring Victor McLagen who is best known for his later films, and Marguerite De La Motte who was previously in Mark of Zorro with Douglas Fairbanks. This has a very different title sequence from most of the Pathescope releases.
 -

-

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC