8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 81)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2010 03:40 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In 8mm - 'Snowman' ('cos of the song) [although I've got it in 16mm as well - which doesn't have the song] - and 'Mickey's Parrot', a Pathe News from 1969/70 (B/W) and 'Joey Boy' "comedy" with Harry H. Corbett - all 16mm.
It didn't stop me eating too much!!!! Merry Thingy etc.
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2010 01:34 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to David for being the 2000th post on the thread... [Big Grin]

and why does Shorty only have 2 posts??weird...anyway tonights screening was something that I NEVER do, and to be honest I don't know how you "scope" guys do it, you must have HUGE screening areas..I usually use a 6 foot screen and I am really happy, but I had to squeeze it down to about 2 1/2 ft x 6ft to minimize the overflow for tonights screening....I ran my Elmo 16-CL with my 2 inch lens and elmoscope. Since I don't have a dedicated scope attachment I used a tripod to steady the lens..The film was an absolutely gorgeous 3 x 1600ft LPP, Scope print with no splices and no lines of THE THING (1982)complete until the blue band R rating...The final image of the universal tag shows the level of bleed I was getting on my 6 foot screen.

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2010 03:07 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino-You lucky, lucky man. Wow! What a great print. Did you know they are releasing Battleship Potempkin in 35mm soon?

Just a side note-At the time of production of The Thing I knew one of the guys at VCE who were doing some of the effects and they were doing the main title, and the production wanted the main title to look like the original but weren't supplied any film to see what it looked like. No video of it back then. As it was I had a super 8mm copy and I lent it to them. And they did a great job of copying the original look.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2010 05:17 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Dino! [Eek!]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2010 01:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry ... I guess a big thank you is due, because it is definitely a nice way to open the new version with an homage to the old (and by new I mean the version of 28 years ago)...

Thanks Gian....Oh and those other reels haven't arrived yet

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2010 02:18 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No hurry, Dino.
I'm really impressed with this print.
You lucky man!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2010 01:43 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK so my experiment continued today..I have a handful of scope movies that I never watch so I thought I would see how a couple of them look this week...The first one looked great but was small, todays' did not look as great since it is on fading Eastman, but it is still small, and has sent me running back to the old films again...This afternoon I watched on 16mm, FLASH GORDON (1980, 3 x 1600) one of my guilty pleasures.....OH who am I kidding I love most bad movies. But since I don't see my situation changing anytime soon this one will probably lose the rest of its color by the time I get a large enough screening area for scope films. ..Then it was back to the old ones so I watched an Our Gang comedy called Buried Treasure (1926, 9.5mm Pathex O-48, 2 x 300ft) which is actually incredibly rare in terms of 9.5 films in that it has all its original titles from start to finish..This was followed by FAUST (1926, Pathescope SB740 4 x 300ft) which is one of the many great UFA titles available on 9.5mm. A good day of film all in all......Oh and the 16mm was the same set up as the other day, and for 9.5 I used my trusty Specto with a 1 inch lens to fill the 6 foot screen..

-

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2010 08:51 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I like this forum and the movies, I don't always have the time or think to post what I run. So that being said, here's the year in review:

C. G. C. SCREENINGS 2010
TITLE: FORMAT: DATE:
MONSTERS VS ALIENS DVD 1/5/2010
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME SILENT SUPER 8 1/5/2010
ANIMUNDI DVD FROM LD DVD 1/11/2010
TINKER BELL & THE LOST TREASURE DVD 1/11/2010
HUNCHBACK OF NOTREDAME (DISNEY) SUPER 8 1/21/2010
2010 YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT SUPER 8 1/22/2010
SVENGALI SUPER 8 1/25/2010
2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY SUPER 8 1/28/2010
THIS IS IT M JACKSON DVD 2/1/2010
MIXED COMPANY SUPER 8 2/4/2010
GOLD DIGGERS DVD 2/8/2010
SOMEHWERE IN TIME DVD 3/1/2010
AMERICAN GRAFFITI SUPER 8 3/4/2010
LASSIE'S GREAT ADVENTURE SUPER 8 5/11/2010
THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT PT 1 SUPER 8 5/23/2010
THE SECRET GARDEN DVD 5/27/2010
THE OUTLAW SUPER 8 6/4/2010
HACHI A DOG'S TALE DVD 6/9/2010
EVERAFTER A CINDERELLA STORY DVD 6/17/2010
THE JUNGLE BOOK 1942 SABU SUPER 8 6/23/2010
THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT PT 2 SUPER 8 7/9/2010
ALICE IN WONDERLAND T. BURTON DVD 7/16/2010
THE JUNGLE BOOK DISNEY SUPER 8 7/20/2010
WHERE THE NORTHWIND BLOWS SUPER 8 7/23/2010
THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT PT 3 DVD 7/30/2010
FURRY VENGEANCE PS* DVD 8/25/2010
FABULOUS DORSEYS SUPER 8 9/2/2010
MY MAN GODFREY SUPER 8 9/22/2010
THE LOVELY BONES DVD 9/24/2010
TITANIC J CAMERON SUPER 8 10/2/2010
WAY OUT WEST L&H SUPER 8 10/11/2010
GREASE DVD 10/15/2010
OCEANS BD DVD 10/22/2010
TINKERBELL GREAT FAIRY RESCUE DVD 11/3/2010
LABYRINTH PS* DVD 11/9/2010
SONS OF THE DESERT L&H SUPER 8 11/11/2010
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS DVD 11/27/2010
SPACE BUDDIES DVD 12/6/2010
GULLIVER'S TRAVELS SUPER 8 12/23/2010

BD DISC INSTALLED MAY 4
PS = PAUL SUPPLIED THE MOVIE
FLORIDA VACATION MAR 14 - MAY 3
FEBRUARY COLD WEATHER

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

SUPER 8: 20
DVD: 19 (STANDARD DEF)
DVD: 1 (BLUE RAY)

:-)

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2010 01:18 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was Monty Banks night in the Everett household with a screening of Voleur malgré lui (aka A Perfect Gentleman)(1928)on 9.5mm (5 x 300ft Film Office). This was his final film made here in the US, and one of his few feature length silent comedies. Interesting note...The ship that is featured in the film is the SS. Ruth Alexander which was an early German ship that was later sold to a US company and used as an ocean liner before ultimately being sunk on December 31st, 1941 by Japanese torpedoes.

-

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2010 08:08 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have lately been going thru some educational films i recently bought om 16MM.
I have also been testing and trying to get some pictures and think I finally have (maybe) gotten the hang of it.

One of the film I got was one that I remember seeing when I was in school.
It's about how the brain sometimes misinterprets the signals from the eyes, in this instance if it is a room with "wrong" angles.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The film is originally made in 1959 and is 17 minutes long.
The sprocketarea is black and there is no markings to show what kind of filmstock this is, but as you see it has great colors.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2010 02:31 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, I envy you. Voleur Malgre Lui is another one of my Holy Grails, in std 8 of course.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2010 07:22 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Among the 16MM films I recently bought were also a copy of Peter and the Wolf on Agfa with beautiful colors.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Quite worn, as you can expect from a ex-library print, but still highly enjoyable.

The last film I ran in 2010.

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2010 09:01 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars-Thank you for posting those pics on Horizons of Science. Fascinating stuff. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for that one.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 31, 2010 09:47 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been home on vacation this week, so we've been watching "When the North Wind Blows" two reels per night with a cartoon or a home movie first.

We saw the 300 foot travelogue I did of our trip to Germany and Austria in 2002. It may be the end of Kodachrome speaking here, but it looks better and better with time.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2011 11:08 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis I am assuming Film Office released everything on both formats?

Well I welcomed in the new year with a short 15 minute 16mm promo film promoting the 1973 tour by Alice Cooper which later was expanded into the feature Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper (1974). In the promo Alice sings the song "I Love the Dead" so the perfect follow up was the best film ever about the dead, as in the walking dead DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) on 16mm. The 126 minute version which is on fading eastman, but it still has all the colors...Pretty great start to the new year in my eyes.... [Smile]

-

--------------------

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 12:21 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i rang in the new year with Waxworks,a lousy niles print,but great film!

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 03:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhhhhhhhh... 'Dawn' in 16mm Dino, you lucky guy! Wondering if it was released also on LPP?

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 12:49 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to the best of my knowledge (and I think most horror film collectors) there are no official nor unofficial Low fade prints of Dawn out there, which is why people cling to their eastman prints.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 01:04 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I probably have to hold my Italian bootleg in super 8 tight.
Ciao [Wink]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 02:17 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
was yours full length?

--------------------

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 03:13 PM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen on Super 8 Today :

Knight of the Round Table
with Robert Taylor and Ava Gardner

It´s a very rare Italy Print on 6 x 600 feet Reels
The colors lighly red..but is ok...you can see green and blue
On the screen it´s better..also on the screenshots
Sharp is ok...but gives better..
It´s the full lengh Version..

Very Nice Feature...and this on full lengh!! Great!!

Here are a lot of screenshots

-

-

-

-

-

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 05:29 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Last week was a big Star Wars Week, because I watched Episodes 4,5 and 6 first time with my son (5 years old) together on DVD.
Yesterday I was outbid on ebay as I tried to win a S8 Derann print of Star Wars a new hope. My bid was 357 Euro but it went for 372,99 Euro.
After that I was frustrated and watched all 3 Special edition trailers on Super 8. And after this screening I was more frustrated, because Star Wars looks realy nice on Super 8.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 10:04 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On 16MM, a documentary about World War I.
Produced by Encyclopedica Brittanica Film.
With Swedish titles and speaker.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Runtime approximately 15-20 minutes.
It has a somewhat soft focus and some limited wear and tear, but some of the lines may come from the material they used and are not on the acctual print.
Contains some really interresting pieces of film and still pictures.

Next up are three films about World War II.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2011 10:21 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great screen shots, guys.

Dino, my copy on super 8 is the European cut. Full-lenght, but shorter than the original US version, as far as I know.
Kodak SP stock; good color, but on the brown side... [Frown]

--------------------

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2011 12:02 AM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) on 16mm. The 126 minute version
It's actually the 139 minute version, Dino. Don't sell yourself short! [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC