8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 85)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2011 11:57 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sigh...another day of not running any film. I'm doing some screening room remodeling and I have a stack of sheet rock where my screen is usually standing. Hopefully in a day or two I can have it all where it should be (on the new walls) and have the screen back up and in use again. I'll be far from finished with the "new" room but at least I can watch film again.

oh, and hey Dino....I think you forgot me again. [Razz]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 24, 2011 10:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonights "Matinee at the Bijou" ...

"Blow Me Down" (Popeye)
"Men In Black' Three Stooges

and the feature?

"Rocketship!" (Buster Crabbe, Flash Gordon), 4X400ft The movie serial condesnded into a feature. Just love that Ming!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2011 10:53 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OSI!!!! Did you slide in under the rug?

Watched my print of Rocket Ship a couple of weeks ago, then saw a few scenes from it in a film called "The Projectionist" on TCM a few nights ago.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 06:10 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A dog show last night,featuring three shorts of thePal RKO series of shorts, released in England by the RKO of home movies, Robert Kingston Organisation. in super 8, MY PAL (Lew Landers '47),PAL'S RETURN (Leslie Goodwins '50) and PAL,CANINE DETECTIVE (Richard Irving '50). The main feature,in standard 8, THE LIGHTHOUSE BY THE SEA (Mal StClair '25) one of the best of superstar Rin Tin Tin.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 10:29 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ming ... Rug! Took me a few momments to get that!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2011 03:41 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow had to save this from page 2, but a good chance to mention my amazement about something...I listed this 16mm print of THE CAINE MUTINY for sale for $100 on a different site, and not a soul bit, I even said looked like grey track IB w/ slightly muted blues..I now know it is on low fade Agfa stock, but I wonder sometimes if people get misled by the way most colors get saturated these days on TV and DVD's...OH well I put it on ebay, and we'll see what happens, maybe people don't like this film, but I think it is one of the greatest character manipulations of all time, with Bogart being an amalgam of the 3 primary characters. The insecurities of Maryk, the stuffed shirt strictness of Keith, and of course the cowardice of Keefer, which together add up to Queeg's paranoia...

-

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2011 07:22 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we began this year's run of 'Dive-In Movies'. We had around 20 people come, and though it was a chilly evening, we all had a great time.

The program:

Trailers:
"Easter Parade"
"Show Boat"
"An American In Paris"
"Grease"
"Meet Me In St. Louis"
"Casablanca"

Short: "Many Adventures of Winie The Pooh" (WDHM)

Feature: "Toy Story"

[ April 05, 2011, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Greg Marshall ]

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2011 10:41 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't posted here in quite a while!

Anyway, last night's 16mm feature was:

LOOKER (1981): 2x1600'

Good condition Scope theatrical print. Some scratches, slightly warm and faded color. Not the best print but perfectly watchable and an enjoyable film!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2011 04:57 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a 16mm double feature last night!

HEY THERE, IT'S YOGI BEAR!: 2x1600'

GRIZZLY ADAMS---"THE RENEWAL": 2x1600'

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2011 02:26 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Tom, and congrats as Looker is a great one to have...

Took a break from the projector fiddlings tonight to watch something....This time it was one of the only serials available on 9.5mm, which I fired out of the Specto since it had running titles. A french production entitled Belphégor from 1927 (Pathescope 2 x 300ft, SB 818) which stars René Navarre, who was also in the serial Fantômas (1913)and another 9.5mm film entitled L'angoisse (french pathe 130-134, 5 x 30ft). The film is a blast, with masked thieving marauders, clever contraptions and many intriguing shots..One of the characters looks quite a lot like a future iconic figure of horror, Dr. Frankenstein's hunchbacked helper Fritz (Dwight Frye)..In the pic I took there is a great deal of resemblance to the Frankenstein lab, perhaps James Whale or more importantly Charles D. Hall who was the art director, was a fan of this serial...I also know that there was an 8 reel French version released that I am rabidly on the hunt for....

-

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 08, 2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great screenshots Dino ...

Just curious ... did "Vampyr" ever get released on 9.5MM?

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2011 11:45 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question Osi, but to the best of my knowledge none of Dreyers' films are on 9.5, which is a shame.. [Frown]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 08, 2011 01:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truly sad, as that would have been right at the highpoint of 9.5mm sales! Perhaps one will pop up. Since i don't happen to collect 9.5mm, if I run into one, I will e-mail you foist off,

most soitenly!

In fact, I think I'll contact some of my German film friends over there who collect 9.5. It might have been released there but not elsewhere.

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2011 10:17 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dino! Good to be back!

LOOKER is a favorite though I do wish the print was low fade. At least it's in Scope and the overall quality is very watchable.

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2011 01:47 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi thanks that would be great...... [Big Grin]

Tonight one of my best friends had a b-day party for one of his kids, then I came home and the kids that live above us were apparently bouncing bowling balls on the floor.....So Rambunctious kids it is.....Mickey &........Mickey...and a test.....

Started with some 9.5mm Poussinet PAUVRE PECHEUR (1927, Mickey the Fisherman, Pathe 1 x 300ft ) starring Mickey Rooney, then followed it with Our Gang in HURRAH FOR THE HOLIDAYS (1922, aka Saturday Morning) and finally some pics from a new test on the 28mm projector with the new elmo lens..It filled the 6 foot screen and was very sharp...

-

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2011 12:09 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the KING AND I and it was great the 400foot super 8mm sound color reel still looks good after 30 years. The color is still holding up. The songs are great and it was edited just right with all the main scenes.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 10:22 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I had a Super 8mm Scope marathon!

PRE-SHOW:
Titanic (1997): 1x50' (Short clip for use in setting up the Scope lens.)

Scope Shorts Reel: 1x600'
Unsung Hero
The Matrix Reloaded: Playground Skirmish
Superman II: Main Titles

Digest:
Ben-Hur (1959): 3x400'

FEATURE:
Return Of The Jedi: 7x400'

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 12, 2011 10:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great bunch of scope titles ... lots of fun to be had!

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2011 10:35 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of fun indeed, Osi!

Also fun was today's Super 8mm late afternoon show:

THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER: 2x600' and 1x400'

Very nice LPP print with some wear (mostly on reel 1).

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2011 05:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16th April 2011
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

German print in scope, acetate, 5*600ft.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Rectimascop lens on Elmo 1,0

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2011 10:56 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night (into the wee hours of the morning):

"Mama's Little Pirate" -- Our Gang short
"An Ache In Every Stake" -- Three Stooges short
"Anchors Aweigh" -- 400' digest
"The Longest Day" -- 400' digest
"The Beat of a City" -- Look at Life short subject
"So You Want a Model Railroad?" -- Joe McDoakes short (horrible and annoying -- I need to get rid of this one!)

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2011 03:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was a rainy, thundery night in New Jersey. Perfect weather for horror films!

Both films on 16mm:

PIT & THE PENDULUM (1961): 2x1600'

THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (1979 TV MOVIE): 2x1600'

--------------------

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2011 09:21 PM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The kids and I watched: The Wolf Man '400, Buster Keaton's Cops '400, three Superman cartoons, and Jaws '200!

--------------------
Scott

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2011 01:57 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took time to watch a 16mm crime quickie...Sort of the proto-CSI called SECRET SEVEN (1940) w/ an early cameo by the Beavers' dad Hugh Beaumont....My 2 favorite elements of the film are 1) The police cars are identified simply by a stenciled "P.D." on the side of the door. and 2)the way the guy is tricked into a taking a polygraph. ....

-

--------------------

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2011 08:26 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hope you enjoyed 7 . It's a little film that carries more interest today than it deserves because of all the CSI shows...and , of course, van Sloan appears. Hope it was worth the money. Great screen grabs, by the way.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC