8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 200ft paperboard boxes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 200ft paperboard boxes
Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2008 02:15 PM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi gentlemen,

It's been a while since I've haunted you guys. I've put out two collector's boxes of postcards featuring 8mm movie-box covers. I'm currently looking into whether or not my sales on volume two justifies my creating a third, and I have found that both my suppliers of the 200ft, paperboard reel boxes no longer carries them.

Does anyone know of a reasonable place is still selling them in the US? These were actually audio-tape boxes, that were the same size on the original 200ft. boxes.

Thanks,
Tim
monsterboxcards.com

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 28, 2008 03:48 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tim, Your #1 customer Shorty here, I have four 200' white-hinged boxes, I'll give them to you if it helps. I think they would accomodate those great covers, measuring 5" X 5" - You might want to try Steve Osborne of REEL-IMAGE film publication, he carries those boxes sometimes, maybe he can oblige, try REELIMAGE_043@yahoo.com or a ring on his VM at (937) 296-9036

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2008 12:19 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joe, keep you boxes, you never know when you might need them [Smile] I actually need to find about 300 (I had 200 extra from the last run), and I'm still crunching the numbers.

I hope to be able to do this again, if only to have decent prints of all of the remaining Castle horror covers. I think volume two sold only 75% of what volume one did, I gotta see if that's enough to move forward. It costs close to $2000 just for the printing alone.

Tim
monsterboxcards.com

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 29, 2008 07:16 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please contact Steve, he might be able to accomodate with boxes - If you go ahead with a #3, I'll help if I can, what boxes are you looking to reprint? In any case, keep me informed

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2008 07:55 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy.....just wanted to tell you that I bought both volumes and they are spectacular and you deserve thanks for doing them. Anyone who loves movie related artwork, or horror/scifi films...or Castle films....should buy these sets. I've already used several to make boxes for castle films that I've bought recently which did not have original boxes. A color copier and you've got a great new box.
Hope you are able to swing number three...I'll be in line to buy it.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 29, 2008 03:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy,

I have both sets and I'll be in line right behing Gary.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 29, 2008 04:17 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pardon me, gentlemen, you'll have to beat me to it, that's because I simply adore this product!

Stephen Svitek
Junior

- posted March 01, 2008 06:25 AM      Profile for Stephen Svitek   Email Stephen Svitek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tim:
Try "Dave Thomas Films and Vinyl" on Ebay. He is out of Greensburg Pennsylvania and lists these boxes for about $1 each. Maybe he could direct you to a wholesale supplier. Steve

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC