8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Warriors Digest Reel 3 Brand new.. no audio?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warriors Digest Reel 3 Brand new.. no audio?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 29, 2008 12:29 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just purchased "Warriors" marketing 3 reel digest Brand new still in unbroken shrink wrap from one of our members. The print is beautiful with great colors. As I was playing back this wonderful digest, I get to reel 3 and notice there is no audio. I then check it on another machine and sure enough no audio!
Has this ever happened to anyone else here? [Roll Eyes]

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 29, 2008 11:47 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had poor audio and bad sound striping, but I don't recall ever getting a print with no audio at all. If you need the audio off my print, let me know.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 29, 2008 01:40 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,
Thanks for the offer. I may have to take you up on it. First, since its been a long time since I have seen the original full length, are there many cuts that would make it very hard to re-record this digest?

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2008 01:59 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the 70's I bought a new print of the Columbia 2-reeler 'The Caine Mutiny' from a long-gone dealership. The print had no sound from beginning to end. I had a great deal of trouble getting my money back and it was no surprise to me when the business went bust.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 29, 2008 02:00 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a great crappy film I can rewatch time and time again( on dvd now) but the 3x digest is very good, a mini classic for sure. Sounds like a very nice copy.
Best Mark.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 02:56 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rik,

I have heard of this before, I think when the New York based Marketing Films International realised they were in financial trouble they put out as many sets as possible at reduced prices to get some cash into the company. This resulted in some cutting of corners, and I believe some titles were knowingly or unknowingly sent out like that, because if the films were actually sold they had got there money, and all they had to do was record the reel when it was sent back, but as in your case, if the seal has never been broken, then no one knew you had an unrecorded reel. I heard that when the New York based Marketing Films went under, they owed Paramount thousands of Dollars in royalties. Still it shouldn't be hard finding someone to put a track on from there part 3 of the mii feature.

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 07:12 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, I'm sorry to hear about that. in retrospect I guess I should have checked all reels before sending them to you, but thought it would be "nicer" to get them brand new in the original unbroken shrink wrap.
I'm sure someone will be able to record their third reel to a mp3 file and send it to you?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 02, 2008 01:27 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudo's to you Doug in being able to send an audio file of the soundtrack.

This is a perfect example as to why this 8mm Forum is such a "god-send" to collectors!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC