8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig machines ...multi voltage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig machines ...multi voltage?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 29, 2008 09:14 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eumig owners...
I have been offered a Eumig S940 but it looks like its a 110-240v 50hz machine for Europe. I had one for the US but it stated it was 117v 60hz. Is there a way you lovely members can check your machine to see if you can set it for US voltage? The manual says some models are equipped with the ability to change the belt and to assign the motor to a different tap, 50hz or 60hz. I don't want to purchase anything until I know for sure I can use this here in the US.
Thanks,
Rik

|  IP: Logged

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 07:34 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,

As there are many variations, like you say in the manual, I would suggest your best course of action is to ask the seller the specific points you need to know. Get him to take the cover off and check inside with regard to the various settings in that particular projector.

There really is very little point in guessing, and even some members' machines could well be different from the one being offered.

Good luck,

Best,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 10:19 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,
yes the S940 is multi-voltage.
I have one myself which I bought from a German seller so had to change the voltage.
To change the voltage its a simple matter of taking the back off and turning the dial to the appropriate setting.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 11:39 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

Alan also needs to know if the frequency is adjustable between 50Hz and 60Hz. Does yours have this facility, as, according to Alan's manual, some do and some don't? He needs to be sure that it will run at the correct speed, and therefore he needs a 60Hz capability as well as the 110/120 volt facility.

Just trying to help out.

Thanx,

--------------------
Dave.

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 02:16 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
yes the frequency can be switched from 50hz to 60hz and vice versa very easily; as Alan says, by switching a lead from one tap to another.
The S940 is manufactured to allow easy adjustment of both the voltage and frequency.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2008 03:51 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Splendid.

Thanx.

--------------------
Dave.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC