8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hanna Barbera/Columbia 400ft editions ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hanna Barbera/Columbia 400ft editions ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 30, 2008 01:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was perusing ebay today and was surprised to see a "Top Cat" 400ft edition, something that I had never seen.

I know that there were a number of Flinstones 400ft editions, and at least one Jetsons and Scooby Doo 400ft editions, but I don't think that these have been discussed on here; at least, not for a longtime.

Does anybody out there have a list of the Columbia releases of the Hanna Barbera cartoons, the 400ft editions? There may be far more out there than I may know.

Note: I have found that these have maintianed thier color quality quite well, so they must have been marketed on a very good film stock. I have one Flintstones

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 30, 2008 04:40 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

All you have to do is ask!

The Flintstones (400' Color Sound)

Ann Margrock Presents
Baby Barney
Barney the Invisible
Bedrock Hillbillies
Big League Freddie
The Big Move
The Birthday Party
Boss For A Day
The Bowling Ballet
Cave Scout Jamboree
Circus Business
Curtain Call at Bedrock
Daddy's Little Beauty
Dino Disappears
Flashgun Freddie
The Flintstone Canaries
Flintstone Flyer
Flintstone and the Lion
Foxy Grandma
Fred El Terrifico
Fred's Island
Fred's Monkeyshines
The Great Gazoo
Groom Gloom
The Hero
The House That Fred Built
Ladies Day
Little Bamm Bamm
Masquerade Party
Monster From the Tar Pits
No Biz Like Show Biz
Nothing But the Tooth
Return of Stoney Curtis
Rip Van Flintstone
Seeing Doubles
Shinrock a Go Go
Son of Rockzilla
Ten Little Flintstones
The Twitch
Two Men on a Dinosaur

(200' Color Sound)

Fred Goes Ape
Fred Meets Hercurock
The Great Gazoo
The Gruesomes
Hot Lips Hanigan
Surfin' Fred

The Jetsons (400' Color Sound)

Astro's TV Secret
A Date With Jet Screamer
Elroy's TV Show
The Flying Suit
G.I. Jetson
Jane's Driving Lesson
Jetson's Night Out
Millionaire Astro
Private Property
Rosie the Robot

Columbia also released 200' versions of Gerald McBoing-Boing, Huckleberry Hound, Krazy Kat, Loopy de Loop, Magilla Gorilla, Pixie & Dixie, Quick Draw McGraw, Snagglepuss, Yogi Bear and 16 Mr. Magoos! I don't have a listing of any of the 400' Top Cat releases.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 30, 2008 08:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the list Doug!

Did you have a listinbg of the Scooby Doo 400fts?

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 30, 2008 10:37 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

The only Scooby Doo releases I've seen are the 200' versions from Techno Film. Ruh-Roh!

Doug

-

--------------------

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2008 01:14 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great list Doug, I had no idea there were so many Columbia Flinstones available. They were let down without the fantastic start and end credits however.

I have a few of them and the colour is not bad. On the other hand I have a Gerald McBoing Boing and some Mr McGoo and they are red.

Hanna Barbera also had some titles on Walton; I have an Autocat and Motor Mouse cartoon from them, no colour fade on that.......its B & W!

David

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2008 03:25 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 400ft Scooby Doo from Techno. It's title is 'Hassle In The Castle', bought it in one of Derann's Open Days in the mid-70's.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 31, 2008 04:58 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walton also released 200' colour titles of Dastardly and Muttley. I once had "Pest Pilots" and I am sure there were others in their catalogue.

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2008 05:51 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a 400ft Techno Scooby Doo - The Backstage Rage - which I got on Ebay from a lady in Denmark, of all places. The colour has held up really well. Ditto on my 200ft Walton Dastardly And Muttley - Home Sweet Homing Pigeon.

Best wishes,

Tiv

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 31, 2008 06:56 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Doug, just to check my own reference, would you be so kind as to list the Marvel 200' run of Spider-Man? I think there were three. I do know there were not any 400' editions of any Marvel Super Heroes. Mainly concerned with the 200', and the boxes, Thanks from Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 31, 2008 09:31 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty,

Glad to!

Ken Films' Marvel Super Hero releases (200' Color Sound)

317 Spiderman "Origin of Spiderman"
318 Spiderman "King Pin"
319 Spiderman "Trick or Treachery"
320 Spiderman "Sting of the Scorpion"
321 Captain America vs. "Zemo & Masters of Evil"
322 Hulk "Power of Dr. Banner"
323 Iron Man vs. "Ultimo"
324 Submariner "Not All My Power Can Save Me"
325 Mighty Thor "To Kill a Thundergod"

Doug

-

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 31, 2008 10:06 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, all I need are Trick Or Treachery (Box and print), Cue Ball (Box and print), Origin of (Print) and THor (Print) - Shorty

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2008 01:29 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I collect Scooby Doo 400s and looking on the back of the plastic case, the following editions are listed:

Hassle In The Castle
Decoy For A Dognapper
Foul Play In Funland
The Backstage Rage
Bedlam In The Big Top
A Gaggle Of Galloping Ghosts
A Night of Fright Is No Delight
That's Snow Ghost
Mystery Mask Mix Up
Haunted House Hang Up

Some of these editions don't have the familiar Scooby Doo openings as seen on TV, but just have a title on a red background. However, others do have the proper opening.

Wierdly, some of these 400 editions were released on 200 but under a totally different name...so "Foul Play In Funland" is known as "A Strange Fellow" on the 200 version! So watch out!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 31, 2008 06:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon,

Thanks for the list. The 200' versions I have are just the last 8 or so minutes of an episode. I haven't come across any attempt at editing a storyline.

Doug

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 31, 2008 11:30 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Doug! You really deserve the title "Mr. Moderator"!!
How you have those lists I have no idea! [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 01, 2008 01:14 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listed as discontinued cartoons imported from the US Dec 78 Movie Maker.

"Top Cat" 400ft colour/sound

Dribble Breaks The Record
Top Cat Falls In Love
Million Dollar Derby

The "Top Cat" cartoons must be rare I wonder if anyone still has them.

Graham.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 01, 2008 10:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well apparently, someone had one, as his auction was what started this ebay topic!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC