8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Can somebody dub this film for me please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can somebody dub this film for me please?
Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2008 04:34 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
I'm looking to purchase a full length copy of Bruce Lee's "fist of Fury" (NOT "Fists of fury").
Unfortunately it is in Italian.
Is there anyone who could dub the English soundtrack for me, for a fee of course?
PS does anyone know the runtime of the Italian release of this film; it was 107 minutes in the UK, but no mention of the Italian runtime on IMDB?

Thanx,
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 02, 2008 05:18 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have the english soundtrack on DVD etc then I could certainly do it for you.

Kev.

super8 at mrelmo dot co dot uk

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2008 03:22 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check it really is the full feature first Dave. If it's edited then the re-recording job becomes a bigger undertaking.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2008 12:34 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the answers guys.
It is the full Italian feature (5 x 600ft spools) but I don't know if the Italian release was the same as the British release (107 minutes).
The seller says he doesn't have a projector to play the film but the predominant colour appears to be red, in which case I might give it a miss unless the price stays low. If I do buy it, I'll be in touch Kev; thanks for the offer.
The great thing is at least I know full length versions are out there now and, hopefully, I can eventually find one in reasonable condition.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 03, 2008 03:04 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was once offered the full length scope "Enter the Dragon" and "Way of the Dragon". I passed and got "Game of Death". And then I realized the "Game of Death" was edited. [Frown]
Wish I would of gotten the other 2 though. I have never seen either of them since!

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2008 05:26 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,
were "Enter the Dragon" and "Way of the Dragon" in English?
If so, presumably they were dubbed into English. Were they originally German or Italian?

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC