8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Calling Mr Attwood!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling Mr Attwood!!!
Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2008 05:00 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Barry,just seen an old CEC advert in the issue 26,November 1993 edition of FILM FOR THE COLLECTOR where you were selling 3 x 400ft dutch prints of titles like THE JUNGLE GODDESS,SECRET AGENT,RIDE IN A PINK CAR,DJANGO,FATAL LUST,BLIND BOXER etc,what were these obscure titles like?? was the quality any good??

I noticed that a print of THE JUNGLE GODDESS turned up on ebay a few months back.

Any info you could give would be mucho appreciated.

Cheers Mark W

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2008 06:15 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mark,

That's right, I actually had a copy of "The Jungle Goddess" on my last lists (sold, I'm afraid!). The quality was quite good on all the prints, although they did tend to be a bit grainy, I suppose it was the masters used, some were shot in English others were dubbed into English, all had small Dutch sub-titles, which isn't too bad really, as we all have a smattering of French or German, but there's not many know much in the way of the Dutch language. CEC sold a few prints of each title, although "The Jungle Goddess" was the best seller, as it has a very attractive woman as lead in very skimpy clothes, I often wondered why that one sold well.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2008 09:07 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanx for the info Barry,no wonder THE JUNGLE GODDESS was a top seller with a cover like that!!!

It looks likely to be a re-title of a 1954 West German movie called LIANE-OF THE JUNGLE if I,m not mistaken.

Was Django the Franco Nero original or one of the numerous rip-offs re-titled to cash in on the originals popularity in Europe?

Cheers Mark W

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2008 03:19 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I don't think the "Django" western starred Franco Nero, it was as you say a rip-off. I'm not sure you're right about "The Jungle Goddess" as they were wearing what looked like typical 1970's clothing in the begining.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2008 11:18 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

I must be wrong about THE JUNGLE GODDESS then, I will investigate further.

Cheers Mark W

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 07, 2008 02:55 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone link us to a pic from it ( not the jungle) or anyone got a scan of the cover. Sounds intriguing.
What was the Stars name then.
Best Mark.
On another slightly nice ladies in films I have been musung for years over 2 films I remmeber seeing when young that made an impression in the lades sense.
Was was an odd 70`s comedy I thnk starring either Lee Marvin or James Coburn I think and amongst the frivolities at the start of the film he ends up in a shower with a blond and proclaims " I like big t*t* and thats an s on the end, its been bugging me for years.
Anther one was an odd film and so far through this smallish in stature but largish elsewhere lady pushes these 2 chaps down on to a bed and procedes to do a strip routine.
You`ll have to forgive me but these are from a time ewhen myself and my friends rated a film by th number of shower scenes etc, my long ago youth.
Any suggestions.
Best Mark.
Got the odd other one two for a less ladies thread I was wondering on as well, one concerning a strange indian or arabic cult I saw when about 10.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2008 04:15 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Todd,looking at your post and its subject, might I suggest that a cold shower is called for and then, an hour of Disney cartoons to "calm you down". Steady boy!

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 07, 2008 05:06 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these Dutch releases can still be found at the film shop in Amsterdam - I should find out in June as I plan to visit it then. I've owned some Top Film releases and some of them turned out to be (e.g.) cut downs of obscure South African films. No doubt the rights were very cheap!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 07, 2008 06:23 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Keith but you know what it like when you are young etc etc.
The other film was really quite grueome for the afternoon, really stayed with me.
best Mark.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2008 03:27 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL has anyone got a scan of the cover just for Mark??

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2008 04:38 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think this is the Super 8 boxart but I think it's the same film - made in 1956 and starring Hardy Kruger.
Anyway, if it helps young Mark to get rid off his "pent-up emotions" it's worth it. Just for you Mark - enjoy. [Wink]

-

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 08, 2008 07:10 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats quite risq`ue for the 1950`s funny how mens psychology works and what sell something.
The other film was a group of turban wearing or similar chaps going to war and one of them dances around in this building, he then voluntarilly has his head removed and they annoint all of the warriors/fighters with his blood on their heads, still makes me feel queesy after 30 odd years, any thoughts.
best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC