8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Magical Mystery Tour on Good film stock?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour on Good film stock?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2008 06:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a beloved print of Magical Mystery Tour ...

It's scratched all to hell ...

The colour is faded pretty bad ... (with little colour left, the damned thing is that it still ironically has greens to it!)

I keep it because whoever re-recorded it, did an incredible stereo remix of this TV show.

I trimmed it down to an extremely full 33 minute reel of just the songs and a little of the comedy left in. It makes an excellent 600ft reel!

My question is ...

All the prints I have seen of this title were printed on the really BAD eastman with the wretched pinky fade. (I have heard that the 400ft release has great colour, but it has a badly shortened version of "I am the Walrus" ... why the hell did they edit that and not "Only a Northern Song"? Bad editors!)

Were there any great colour prints on great film stock manufacured of this title?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2008 10:31 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Only a Northern Song" wasn't in Magical Mystery Tour... do you mean George Harrison's "Blue Jay Way?" They probably left it intact because it was visually one of the most interesting parts of the film. My Niles feature still has pretty good color by the way. I also re-recorded it into stereo and it sounds amazing. Still looking for the digest...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2008 11:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Your right, it was "Blue Jay Way" ...

Dig that giant Sunflower on John as he plays the cello in "Blue Jay Way"!

What's the film stock on your print, Brian?

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2008 06:09 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure of the film stock - I can check it this weekend and report back.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 08, 2008 10:02 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't bother with the 400ft version as, you already have the whole show. There's nothing on the 400ft version you don't already have.

Unless you just want it for completeness.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC