8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo Dual 8mm/Super 8mm projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo Dual 8mm/Super 8mm projector
Myron Baron
Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2008 02:01 PM      Profile for Myron Baron   Author's Homepage   Email Myron Baron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know of this model Elmo projector VP.C, and if so, do you know if it is a Dual 8mm unit. As I just purchased one, and it has no drive belts, so I could not try it out. It was advertised as a dual 8mm/super8mm unit, and I can't find out any information about it on the internet.
Thanks
Myron Baron

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 09, 2008 03:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Myron,

Do you have any Super-8 and/or Regular 8 reels to do a little investigation?

If the spindles are sized for Super-8 reels and there is some sort of sleeve you can slide off for 8mm reels, then you probably have a dual 8 projector.

If the spindles are sized for Super-8 reels and there is no removable sleeve, then you have a Super-8 only machine.

If the spindles are sized for R8 reels only, and there are no sleeves, then you either have an R8 only machine or someone lost the sleeves and we'll need to investigate further.

If you can find out the date the machine was built from the serial number, that could tell us a lot right there (No Dual-8s or Super-8s pre-1965)

Edit: A little Googling has made me think that Elmo VP-C is Super-8 only.

http://cine8mmfilm.at.infoseek.co.jp/Katarogu/silentprojector.html

[ April 09, 2008, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Myron Baron
Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2008 08:14 AM      Profile for Myron Baron   Author's Homepage   Email Myron Baron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve:
Thanks for all your help.
Myron

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC