8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New to the forum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New to the forum
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2008 09:04 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All
Thought I'd drop in and say hi, as I'm new to the forum.
Super 8 film was something always near and dear to me from making my own home made stop motion films with my dads Hanimex super 8 to going to the Library and borrowing every film they had. Man, so long ago, no video then.
8mm kinda crept back into my life (still had a bunch of films I ordered out of the Blackhawk Films catalog in the early 80's).
Got the old Bell and Howell silent in working condition again last year.
Got a great deal on a sound B&H in a Goodwill store a few months back - the thing was still in the box with the accesories still packaged up - for $20.

Well to make a long story short I get the odd Castle or Ken film off Ebay and enjoy them with my 5year old son who loves them.

Looking forward to the forum - I see some great stuff coming up for sale every now and then from members.

Cheers
Terry

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 15, 2008 09:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Terry - Yes, you'll find a great family of people here. Ask away. My area is original boxes, and the collecting of shorts, hence my nickname "Shorty" - Cheers from New Jersey

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 15, 2008 10:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we're all lifers here! Welcome!

I was like you, a normal, well adjusted human bean, then I re-discovered film about five years ago, and it's been all downhill from there!

All kidding aside, you'll find this forum an incredibly great source of info on everything 8mm. I've really learned a lot,
(as well as the fact that celluloid film is NOT a good source of fiber! Wish I'd learned THAT earlier!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 15, 2008 11:27 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes a warm welcome to you. Joe and Osi have said all. Just join in and enjoy [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 15, 2008 11:43 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello from France and welcome to the Forum.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 15, 2008 08:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

Glad you're here!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2008 08:15 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the welcomes!
I feel at home alredy.
Cheers
Terry

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC