8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bedknobs/Broomsticks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bedknobs/Broomsticks
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2008 04:13 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awhile back Derann had a feature length print of Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks that I missed out on. I believe the listing said it was from Germany but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any more info on this release? I would love to have a little more info to help track another print down... A posting of the box scan would be great if anyone has one.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 18, 2008 08:05 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
There were a lot of full length Disney releases from Italy. Never heard of them from Germany.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2008 10:10 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it may have been from Italy. Were these official prints that went through Disney or some kind of Bootleg releases? Does anyone have one (Bedknobs or another title)? I'm curious how the quality on them was/is and if the colors are holding up. I would love to find a Bedknobs/Broomsticks feature if anyone has any leads for me. Thanks...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2008 01:25 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys

I know nothing of the feature version being available. I'm not sure if this helps either, but there was at one time a 200 footer called MATCH OF THE CENTURY from this feature and it's the silly soccer match. So you could atleast have some of it if not the entire story.

Chip

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2008 04:43 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was also a second 200ft extract from this film, 'The Beautiful Briny' which was the animated underwater sequence.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2008 11:11 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I have both the extracts. Bedknobs and Broomsticks has been one of my favorite movies since I was six when I first saw it premiere at Radio City Music in 1972. Most people think it's a lame re-do of Mary Poppins but I prefer it because it's a little more twisted than the usual Disney fare with black magic and Nazis... there are even prostitutes in the big dance number!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 25, 2008 11:39 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brian, we both must have been in the same audience back then. My aunt took me to Radio City (when they showed movies back then) and I saw this, also the year before WHAT'S UP DOC? - 1971-1972, prime-time years for us back then, even passed by Willoughby-Peerless, Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 25, 2008 12:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's Up Doc, now there's a magnificent comedy!

My favorite line ...

"Has a woman ever said you were attractive? "

" Why, No. "

"They never will. "

or ....

" How would you like a sandwich de knuckles? "

or ...

" You said it mister, I hate anyone to touch my igneous rocks. "

or

" You know, subdue her. "
" How do I do that? "
" Romance her. "
" Can't I just kill her? "

or ...

(Streisand talking to the hotel clerk)

"I was specifically told to go to the Hotel Ritz "
(clerk) "This is the Hotel Crystal"
" Well, one of us is in the wrong hotel! "

OR ...

Don't you know the meaning of propriety?

(so streisand rattles off the complete dictionary definition, plus ...)

" See ediquette! "

and who can forget ?

Were gonna make it! Were gonna make it! Where gonna make it!
Were not gonna make it(SPLASH)

The whole chase with the "window" gag!

They REALLY don't make comedies that funny anymore!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2008 10:28 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked for General Cinema. We had a lamphouse report. They actually wanted to know the title of the movie playing when a bulb was changed (lost during a show due to explosion). I wrote on this occassion, WATTS UP DOC. The full time projectionist thought it was quite funny and submitted it anyways. We heard nothing from management............

CG

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC